View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 12:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Lions players form leadership committee 
Modmin Dude

Post Lions players form leadership committee
WXYZ.com wrote:
Lions have formed new players leadership committee under Jim Caldwell
6:46 PM, May 27, 2014

(WXYZ) - The Lions had their fair share of off-field issues under former head coach Jim Schwartz.

Stephen Tulloch says Jim Caldwell has changed the culture right off the get-go, treating players "like men."

The Lions linebacker visited the 7 Sports Cave on Tuesday, filming an interview for Sunday's new episode.

"He takes our input and treats us like men," Tulloch said of Caldwell.

When asked if that was different than before, the nine-year veteran said it was.

"It's unique. It started when Coach Caldwell got here, taking each (position) group out to dinner and just talking to the players."

Tulloch said the new head coach has been seeking constant feedback from players, something that's been a welcomed change in the locker room.

"Much respect to Schwartz," he said. "But I think the change is at the right time."

Tulloch is holding his annual softball game on Saturday, June 7. He also spent time talking about his new venture to help raise money for Detroit schools.

The interview will air on the 7 Sports Cave, this Sunday at 11 a.m. on WXYZ Channel 7.

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/football/lio ... m-caldwell
Should be interesting; hopefully it can bring real leadership to the team, but time will tell. Curious to see who's on the committee and how they're selected.

May 28th, 2014, 5:17 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Post Re: Lions players form leadership committee
I really like that approach. I like the idea of talking with the players and seeing how they feel about certain things. It provides flexibility and it says "hey, we know you're professional players. You know the game, let's work together for a bigger purpose"

May 29th, 2014, 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]