View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 8:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Alan Anderson in the news. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Alan Anderson in the news.
Quote:
Lions grow scouting department

Posted 16 hours ago

Tim Twentyman Senior Writer Follow Tim on Twitter Follow Tim on Google+

The Detroit Lions are making moves in their personnel department.

The Lions are making moves in their personnel department.

General manager Martin Mayhew has promoted Rob Lohman to assistant director of pro personnel.

Additionally, Mayhew expanded the scouting duties of regional scouts Darren Anderson and Joe Kelleher, promoted Alan Anderson to BLESTO scout and hired Patrick Mularkey as pro personnel coordinator.

Lohman joined the Lions player personnel department in 2007 and will now serve as the team’s primary advance scout as well as a pro personnel evaluations role. Lohman will scout other pro leagues, including the CFL and AFL, as well as assist with college scouting.

“Rob is a great asset to both our pro and college scouting,” said Mayhew. “As we continue to seek ways to improve our player personnel operations each year, we want to identify individuals who can help evaluate, select and grow our talent level on this team.

“Rob has done a great job for us and his new role will benefit our evaluation of pro prospects and free agents alike. Additionally, his experience and expertise in advance scouting will contribute to our preparation and game planning of our upcoming opponents throughout the season.”

Lohman previously served as college scouting coordinator/regional scout. Prior to his arrival in Detroit, he spent six years with the Houston Texans as a both a regional scout, pro personnel administrator and advance scout.

Darren Anderson served as the Lions regional BLESTO scout the last two seasons. He will supervise the Lions Midwest Region scouting efforts. Anderson was a fourth round selection by the New England Patriots in the 1992 NFL Draft and he's in his third season with the Lions.

Kelleher’s responsibilities will change from scouting the Midwest to the Plains/Central Region. He’s in his fourth year with the Lions player personnel department after originally joining the department as the team’s BLESTO scout in 2011.

Alan Anderson has spent the past three years as the team’s pro personnel assistant and will now serve as the Lions regional BLESTO scout.

Mularkey joined the Lions earlier this year as an intern in the pro personnel department. In his new role as pro personnel coordinator, he will assist in several aspects of the team’s college and pro scouting services.

Previously, Mularkey was a strength assistant for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2012 and also worked in the Jaguars player personnel department as a scouting assistant.

May 30th, 2014, 8:41 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: AllensLions A.K.A. Alan Anderson in the news.
ok someone help out the ignorant here...what is a "BLESTO Scout"?

May 30th, 2014, 9:55 am
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:

Stands for "Bear, Lions, Eagles and Steelers Talent Organization" who would share scouting information with each other.

May 30th, 2014, 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Just curious, but how do we know for certain "X poster" is Alan Anderson? And even if we do, is it something that should be spread in public, especially considering his position within the organization?

May 30th, 2014, 10:27 am
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
Just curious, but how do we know for certain "X poster" is Alan Anderson? And even if we do, is it something that should be spread in public, especially considering his position within the organization?

Agreed Wags, I've taken his name out of the top heading and your reply. Congrats to Alan Anderson, whomever you are! Hope you are one of our posters... :twisted:

May 30th, 2014, 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Alan Anderson in the news.
I admit that I am assuming Alan Anderson is AlansLions. But, I seriously doubt that Someone not named Alan would be Alanslions. Do we have another scout named Alan?

May 30th, 2014, 11:06 am

BillySims wrote:
I admit that I am assuming Alan Anderson is AlansLions. But, I seriously doubt that Someone not named Alan would be Alanslions. Do we have another scout named Alan?

All"E"nslions, as in ALLEN PARK is the way I always took that. It's even spelled diferently than the ALAN in the article. I doubt its the same guy...

May 30th, 2014, 11:20 am
QB Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

All"E"nslions, as in ALLEN PARK is the way I always took that. It's even spelled diferently than the ALAN in the article. I doubt its the same guy...

Agreed. Also, I wouldn't be too worried about posting anything. He claims he had approval for anything he posted, and most of what he has said has been wrong anyway. So it's not like he's been giving anything away or has much credibility that can be damaged. I have my doubts that he even works for the team.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 30th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Agreed. Also, I wouldn't be too worried about posting anything. He claims he had approval for anything he posted, and most of what he has said has been wrong anyway. So it's not like he's been giving anything away or has much credibility that can be damaged. I have my doubts that he even works for the team.

I was avoiding saying that, but I feel the same way....

May 30th, 2014, 3:37 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

No one can be 100% accurate (except that poster this year lol) because the draft is so fluid. I know he said don't expect us to pick at 10, and even Watkins said the Lions called him and told him they were trading up to get him. But wherever we were planning to trade to, the Bills ended up trading up higher or made a better offer and it doesn't happen. Can't fault him for being wrong there. I think he posts what he knows at the time, so I always take it (like anything posted here) with a grain of salt and look at it more as a plan instead of gospel. If he's telling the truth, it gives insight into what's going on that we didn't have. Even if he's not, it makes us add the idea to our own as a possibility.

At least he doesn't come back and post "Well two years ago i was adamant about this and see? I was right. I'm right, you're wrong, insult insult insult." Even if he's a fake, he's one of the politest fakes we've had on this forum.

May 30th, 2014, 4:50 pm
QB Coach

njroar wrote:
No one can be 100% accurate (except that poster this year lol) because the draft is so fluid. I know he said don't expect us to pick at 10, and even Watkins said the Lions called him and told him they were trading up to get him. But wherever we were planning to trade to, the Bills ended up trading up higher or made a better offer and it doesn't happen. Can't fault him for being wrong there. I think he posts what he knows at the time, so I always take it (like anything posted here) with a grain of salt and look at it more as a plan instead of gospel. If he's telling the truth, it gives insight into what's going on that we didn't have. Even if he's not, it makes us add the idea to our own as a possibility.

At least he doesn't come back and post "Well two years ago i was adamant about this and see? I was right. I'm right, you're wrong, insult insult insult." Even if he's a fake, he's one of the politest fakes we've had on this forum.

Fair enough. I have nothing personal against him, and he does seem like a very nice guy. That is to his credit. My guess is that he does indeed work for the team, but most likely as a low level scout. Regardless though, I do enjoy his posts. But like you said, take everything here with a grain of salt.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

May 30th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

njroar wrote:

The Bills reportedly tried to trade up to #1 for Watkins. No one could've known they wanted him that damn bad.

May 30th, 2014, 10:10 pm
QB Coach

Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Stands for "Bear, Lions, Eagles and Steelers Talent Organization" who would share scouting information with each other.

Quote:
The NFL's first scouting organization, LESTO (Lions, Eagles and Steelers Talent Organization), was started in 1963 by the teams mentioned in its name with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.[18] It became BLESTO when the Bears joined the following year and BLESTO-V when the Vikings came on board later in the decade; by 1971 the Bills, Colts and Dolphins had joined and the group was known as BLESTO-VIII.[19] It is now known simply as BLESTO despite the fact that the Bears and Eagles are no longer members.[20] The group's offices stayed in Pittsburgh until 2007 when the headquarters moved to Jacksonville, Florida, with support offices remaining in Pittsburgh.[18]

I always wondered and never knew.

May 31st, 2014, 12:04 am
Varsity Captain

it is a play on my name and allen park.also thank you.and nj is correct i know our board and players that we intend to target but until were on the clock that the final decision is made.but i did pm my buddy kdsb that it would be buffalo who thru a monkey wrench into our plans.also i enjoy chatting with everyone on here and if i can give a little insight to what were doing i,m glad to share it with you guys.with the crazy media in this town somebody has to keep the rumor mill down.

June 18th, 2014, 1:57 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
it is a play on my name and allen park.also thank you.and nj is correct i know our board and players that we intend to target but until were on the clock that the final decision is made.but i did pm my buddy kdsb that it would be buffalo who thru a monkey wrench into our plans.also i enjoy chatting with everyone on here and if i can give a little insight to what were doing i,m glad to share it with you guys.with the crazy media in this town somebody has to keep the rumor mill down.

I always enjoy reading your posts.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 18th, 2014, 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next