View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What do you want to see in the Browns V Lions game 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post What do you want to see in the Browns V Lions game
This is what I have been looking forward to. Please weigh in...

*I really want to see how Kellen Moore has improved. I'm really hoping he plays Orlovsky out of the backup job

*Cauran Ried. As of right now, it looks like we will have big needs at the DT spot. Hopefully Ried is a gem

*I'm hoping for an extended look at Chris Greenwood(Kind of wishing he was starting this game)

*Of Course, Kyle Van Noy. Plus Ashlee Palmer who seems to be pretty locked in this summer

*Is Joe Fauria able to be used between the 20s

*I'm very interested in Lawson vs. Bentley in the nickel

*STAFFORD FOOTWORK-last year in preseason, it was a breath of fresh air watching Moore and Hill move in the pocket after watching Stafford.

*Also the new schemes on offense and defense in action. I know they won't be running alot of week 1 stuff but from the sounds of it, even a watered down version will look night and day from what we've seen the last 5 years. I'm very happy that we will use a fullback this year and there is less emphasis on forcing the ball to CJ. It's good to have some football back in our lives.

*A Johnny Football pancake

August 8th, 2014, 6:20 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: What do you want to see in the Browns V Lions game
Im interested in the new defensive scheme + Kyle Van Noy.

Hoping to see Ebron play if he does suit up.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 8th, 2014, 9:32 pm
Heisman Winner

To me the only thing I'm really wanting to see from this game is cornerback play. I've heard from people on this board and articles on MLive that they appear to have improved a great deal from last season and being that it's my largest question mark coming into the season I'm really interested in seeing it myself.

August 8th, 2014, 10:51 pm

It is and has always been physically painful watching Dan Orlovski attempt football.

August 9th, 2014, 9:34 pm
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
It is and has always been physically painful watching Dan Orlovski attempt football.

Look on the bright side, at least hes not Blaine Gabbert.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

August 9th, 2014, 9:44 pm

kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Look on the bright side, at least hes not Blaine Gabbert.

I wouldn't want either. I sincerely hope he is judged fairly by the coaches and not given the job. I don't know what Caldwell sees in him. The dude almost went 0-16 twice.

August 9th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Killwill25 wrote:
This is what I have been looking forward to. Please weigh in...

*I really want to see how Kellen Moore has improved. I'm really hoping he plays Orlovsky out of the backup job

*Cauran Ried. As of right now, it looks like we will have big needs at the DT spot. Hopefully Ried is a gem

*I'm hoping for an extended look at Chris Greenwood(Kind of wishing he was starting this game)

*Of Course, Kyle Van Noy. Plus Ashlee Palmer who seems to be pretty locked in this summer

*Is Joe Fauria able to be used between the 20s

*I'm very interested in Lawson vs. Bentley in the nickel

*STAFFORD FOOTWORK-last year in preseason, it was a breath of fresh air watching Moore and Hill move in the pocket after watching Stafford.

*Also the new schemes on offense and defense in action. I know they won't be running alot of week 1 stuff but from the sounds of it, even a watered down version will look night and day from what we've seen the last 5 years. I'm very happy that we will use a fullback this year and there is less emphasis on forcing the ball to CJ. It's good to have some football back in our lives.

*A Johnny Football pancake

*Great job by Moore(11-13 121yds TD) at the end. Hopefully Caldwell doesn't foolishly walk into week 1 with Dan Orlovsky as the backup QB. I'm not hastily judging a preseason game, we have seen all that Dan O has to offer...which is losing.

Cauran Ried - Looked pretty solid and confident for his first action. Hopefully he gains PT

Greenwood - still need to see alot more of Greenwood. I still don't have any faith in Darius Slay

Kyle Van Noy - looks pretty bad with the missed tackles. There were plays to be made in the backfield and KVN was missing them. I think he'll be fine though

Lawson v Bentley - Look like the same player

Stafford - Looked pretty good and I like the idea of giving him more of those quick hitters like the throw to Tate. I actually really liked the incomplete pass to Durham. They blitzed the safety and Stafford hung in there and threw it rather than retreating and thowing off the back foot. And if that was anyone but Durham, I think Stafford would've given it more of a chance. When have we ever seen Durham go up and and win a jump ball? Oh ya, he never has even though he is 6ft'6 tall.

*Jerome Couplin will make the team if he keeps doing what he did today. He had a few kill shots in his limited playtime.

August 9th, 2014, 11:27 pm
Team MVP

I realized yesterday just how badly I hate preseason football.

August 10th, 2014, 8:32 am
National Champion

I wanted to see less coverage of Johnny Football. Unfortunately I'm not in Detroit so I had to watch the NFL Network. Nothing like hyping a backup QB on the losing team.

Moore looked good (against the Brown's 3rd string).

I liked seeing some production out of Broyles. I hope he stays healthy.

How about George Winn? Other than the fumble, I thought the guy played better than Miller or Leshoure.

August 10th, 2014, 8:35 am
NFL Veteran

The Lions really need to find a new back-up QB. DanO did not look like a guy that can step in and there is just no way Moore is going to be able to play against starters with his arm strength.

August 10th, 2014, 11:03 am
Div 1 - Starter

Regarding backup QB's, I don't fully understand why they let Shaun Hill go to the Rams for 1 year at $1.8 million to be a backup. Maybe they just didn't want to pay a backup $1.8 million? But he's a QB, that seems reasonable to me for a backup QB.

August 11th, 2014, 9:06 am
Rookie Player of the Year

-I watched the game, but I'm not a great evaluator of individual performances. How did Greenwood do? I know he didn't have any splash plays, but he played quite a few snaps, and I didn't see him getting abused like Jonte. All the beat writers were saying Jonte was ahead, but I don't know if I'm buying that.

-I hope we keep Broyles and Fuller and dump Durham. I also think Ogletree is 'just a guy,' despite the positive reviews he's been getting.

-Winn definitely brings more to the table than Leshoure, who looked (as usual) like he was running in molasses. Time to (literally) cut our losses with that bum.

-I definitely like what Reid brought to the table. Certainly looks the part.

On a side note, the 'official' highlights of the game from the NFL Network have literally one Lions offensive snap (the TD to Fuller). I understand the JFF mania, but come on!

Last edited by thelomasbrowns on August 11th, 2014, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 11th, 2014, 9:08 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Growler wrote:
Regarding backup QB's, I don't fully understand why they let Shaun Hill go to the Rams for 1 year at $1.8 million to be a backup. Maybe they just didn't want to pay a backup $1.8 million? But he's a QB, that seems reasonable to me for a backup QB.

Could have been a situation like Avril--wanted more from us, and when he didn't get it, he settled for less with another team. Also, he has a better chance to start this year in St. Louis.

August 11th, 2014, 9:10 am
NFL Veteran

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Growler wrote:

Could have been a situation like Avril--wanted more from us, and when he didn't get it, he settled for less with another team. Also, he has a better chance to start this year in St. Louis.

I think the chance to start may have been a big incentive for him. He just turned 34 and could be looking for that last hurrah before he retires or just can't physically handle more than being a back up.

August 11th, 2014, 11:23 am
3rd Round Selection

I thought Broyles looked good. The guy gets open and catches passes. The downside is the "if he stays healthy" tag. Stafford had that a couple of years ago, too. I think he's worth a go - I'd like to see him make the final roster.

Agree with those saying Hill at $1.8m would have been nice. Still - wish him luck in St Louis, he did well for us.

Also thought Winn played well, although he had the advantage of people ahead of him being lower standard too. I didn't think Leshure was that bad. Thought Riddick and Miller looked ok too. I think RB is one of our deeper groups.

Outside that, tough to read much from the game for me.

August 11th, 2014, 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next