View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 12:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Here's comes 'The Turk' 2014 edition 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Here's comes 'The Turk' 2014 edition
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Didn't the Chiefs just use a 2nd round pick on K Ryan Succop a couple years ago? They cut him today.

7th rounder 5 years ago.

HUH. For some reason, I thought they used a 2nd rounder.

August 30th, 2014, 6:44 pm
Div 1 - Starter

On second thought, perhaps Leon McFadden is not the answer. I poked around some Browns sites and forums and it sounds like they were pretty banged up at CB but cut him anyway because he simply didn't look real good:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... erbac.html

Read fan comments:

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/8/30/ ... n-mcfadden

August 31st, 2014, 5:28 am
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Didn't the Chiefs just use a 2nd round pick on K Ryan Succop a couple years ago? They cut him today.

7th rounder 5 years ago.

I'm pretty sure the last kicker taken that high was Jason Hanson. I don't think there's been a 2nd round kicker since then.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 31st, 2014, 9:06 am
Heisman Winner

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

7th rounder 5 years ago.

I'm pretty sure the last kicker taken that high was Jason Hanson. I don't think there's been a 2nd round kicker since then.

I seem to remember Nugent being taken in the 2nd round by the Jets.

August 31st, 2014, 9:35 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Sebastian Janikowski 1st rd 2000 - oakland raiders

August 31st, 2014, 10:37 am
Heisman Winner

Back to the topic at hand, the list of CBs worth pursuing has grown a little bit.

Champ Bailey: Old age and durability concerns but his experience and knowledge is second to none.
Terrell Thomas: Good serviceable CB when healthy, but that's a rarity.
Leon McFadden: Decent man skills, young and has good upside. I really don't see a downside with him.
Dimitri Patterson: Another decent CB with good size, but question marks about his Jets AWOL situation.

To me, Leon is the obvious winner, but as someone suggested, he might be picked up by some other team on waivers. If they don't, it would be a great pick up since he's still going to be on his 3rd round rookie deal and will come cheap.

August 31st, 2014, 10:55 am
QB Coach

No waiver claims by Detroit yet. Our full practice squad is made from our own cuts.

Quote:
Offensive tackle Michael Williams, guard Rodney Austin, running back George Winn, receiver Andrew Peacock, cornerback Mohammad Seisay, tight end Jordan Thompson, fullback Emil Igwenagu, linebacker Julian Stanford, safety Nate Ness and defensive tackle Xavier Proctor make up the Lions initial practice squad

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions- ... d42c551e8b

August 31st, 2014, 3:23 pm
Div 1 - Starter

DayDreamer wrote:
Back to the topic at hand, the list of CBs worth pursuing has grown a little bit.

Champ Bailey: Old age and durability concerns but his experience and knowledge is second to none.
Terrell Thomas: Good serviceable CB when healthy, but that's a rarity.
Leon McFadden: Decent man skills, young and has good upside. I really don't see a downside with him.
Dimitri Patterson: Another decent CB with good size, but question marks about his Jets AWOL situation.

To me, Leon is the obvious winner, but as someone suggested, he might be picked up by some other team on waivers. If they don't, it would be a great pick up since he's still going to be on his 3rd round rookie deal and will come cheap.

Moot point, the Jets claimed McFadden on the waiver wire. NYJ might have a worse CB situation than the Lions.

August 31st, 2014, 10:19 pm
Heisman Winner

JL wrote:
Moot point, the Jets claimed McFadden on the waiver wire. NYJ might have a worse CB situation than the Lions.

Yeah, too bad they picked him up before we could. The only way now is a trade, make it happen Mahew.

August 31st, 2014, 11:09 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
No waiver claims by Detroit yet. Our full practice squad is made from our own cuts.

Quote:
Offensive tackle Michael Williams, guard Rodney Austin, running back George Winn, receiver Andrew Peacock, cornerback Mohammad Seisay, tight end Jordan Thompson, fullback Emil Igwenagu, linebacker Julian Stanford, safety Nate Ness and defensive tackle Xavier Proctor make up the Lions initial practice squad

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions- ... d42c551e8b

There s still a roster move to be made with Van Noy set to hit some version of the IR possibly the short term IR. I would think the Lions would add a linebacker when that roster spot opens up though possibly they could be looking at the interior line where Hilliard can fill in a pinch but Swanson didnt look particularly reliable.

September 1st, 2014, 10:18 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

7th rounder 5 years ago.

Succop was mr. irrelevant

September 1st, 2014, 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4