View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 2:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Lions release Kircus 
RIP Killer

Post Lions release Kircus
Monday - the Lions released David Kircus and resigned WR/KR Reggie Swinton back to the club.

Let's look at Kircus's last few weeks:

1) released
2) signed to practice squad
3) promoted to roster
4) released

WOW!

ps - I've reupdated the roster (under TEAM page) if anyone hasn't been keeping up with all the changes...

September 20th, 2004, 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

You have to wonder if the re-signing of Swinton has more to do with Eddie Drummond than it does with David Kircus. Even though Drummond did put some very valuable points on the board against Houston, I find myself second guessing his decision making on special teams.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

September 21st, 2004, 10:28 am
Site Admin

I woudl ask why rabbi?? I always felt when healthy Drummond is out most dangerous returner that we have had in a awhile. I think he is better than Howard not to mention much less expensive.

Swinton to me is not nearly the return guy that Drummond is...that is just me though.

September 21st, 2004, 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Drummond is good :P

September 21st, 2004, 11:11 am
Stadium Announcer

I woudl ask why rabbi?? I always felt when healthy Drummond is out most dangerous returner that we have had in a awhile. I think he is better than Howard not to mention much less expensive.

Swinton to me is not nearly the return guy that Drummond is...that is just me though.

Maybe its just me, but I found myself yelling at him on almost every punt (even in the pre-season). It just seemed he made fair catched when he could have run and vice versa. It would not suprise me to see Swinton on the punt team and Drummond taking the kick-offs. Just a guess!!!

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

September 21st, 2004, 1:28 pm
QB Coach

theAlphaMale wrote:

Maybe its just me, but I found myself yelling at him on almost every punt (even in the pre-season). It just seemed he made fair catched when he could have run and vice versa. It would not suprise me to see Swinton on the punt team and Drummond taking the kick-offs. Just a guess!!!

I agree. Everytime in the pre-season Drummond was fair catching balls, and wasn't taking chances, whereas Swinton was impressive. Especially in the Baltimore game. Just glad Eddie is back to his original form and Reggie is back. Should be a dominant return duo.

September 21st, 2004, 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]