View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 14th, 2018, 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Comp picks announced 
RIP Killer

Post Comp picks announced
Kitties get the first comp pick 3rd round 95th overall and a 6th rounder 210 overall

http://nfltraderumors.co/2016-nfl-compe ... announced/

March 11th, 2016, 2:55 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Comp picks announced
Kinda surprised it only amounted to a 6th for Fairley. Everyone thought it'd be a 5th.

March 11th, 2016, 4:05 pm
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Kinda surprised it only amounted to a 6th for Fairley. Everyone thought it'd be a 5th.

He is a FA again, sounds like the Saints are after him.

March 11th, 2016, 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Pablo wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

He is a FA again, sounds like the Saints are after him.

I really wouldn't have any issues with bringing him back for the right price. Use him as a rotational guy. He can be a dominating force when properly motivated.

March 11th, 2016, 10:52 pm
RIP Killer

They've got enough DTs now. 5 by my count? And they're still looking to sign ayers

March 11th, 2016, 11:35 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

inheritedlionsfan wrote:

me too, he played a lot but wasnt starting so maybe that was a factor. Kellen Davis had 9 starts for the Jets, so one would think that would make up for it but it didnt. Seems like the Lions got hosed here again as usual.

March 13th, 2016, 10:17 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

conversion02 wrote:
They've got enough DTs now. 5 by my count? And they're still looking to sign ayers

ayers signed but they are still looking at nicks. does quinn know only 53 guys can be on the team and that they have 10 draft picks that they should at least give a chance to make the team?

March 13th, 2016, 10:18 am
Rookie Player of the Year

The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

ayers signed but they are still looking at nicks. does quinn know only 53 guys can be on the team and that they have 10 draft picks that they should at least give a chance to make the team?

All the guys with the exception of Jones are short deals for low money. They have so much cap space they can cut guys before the season starts and just eat the money this year if they sign a rookie that can't be hid on the PS and are unable to make room somewhere else on the roster. Quinn is also a Belichick guy so there is a good chance he doesn't actually draft 10 guys and uses them to get better assets for 2017.

March 13th, 2016, 1:46 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

All the guys with the exception of Jones are short deals for low money. They have so much cap space they can cut guys before the season starts and just eat the money this year if they sign a rookie that can't be hid on the PS and are unable to make room somewhere else on the roster. Quinn is also a Belichick guy so there is a good chance he doesn't actually draft 10 guys and uses them to get better assets for 2017.

i would say i do hope that they make some of the anti-mayhew moves in the draft. like trading a 5th rounder for future years 4th and that sort. basically the opposite of what mayhew did last year. also wouldnt be surprised to see some lions players moved during the draft.

March 13th, 2016, 6:34 pm
NFL Team Captain

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

i would say i do hope that they make some of the anti-mayhew moves in the draft. like trading a 5th rounder for future years 4th and that sort. basically the opposite of what mayhew did last year. also wouldnt be surprised to see some lions players moved during the draft.

" also wouldnt be surprised to see some lions players moved during the draft. "

Whom do you have in mind? My list consists of- Van Noy, Swanson, Tulloch, Gabe Wright, and Ebron.

March 30th, 2016, 3:07 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

liontrax wrote:
The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Whom do you have in mind? My list consists of- Van Noy, Swanson, Tulloch, Gabe Wright, and Ebron.

What a great way to set your roster back even more. With the exception of Tulloch and Van Noy trading any of the other 3 get you nothing to actually improve your roster over losing the player.

March 30th, 2016, 5:23 pm
NFL Team Captain

rao wrote:
liontrax wrote:
The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

What a great way to set your roster back even more. With the exception of Tulloch and Van Noy trading any of the other 3 get you nothing to actually improve your roster over losing the player.

Yea I can see that in regards to Swanson and Eric " Empty Hands " Ebron. Yes I'm still pissed we took him, and won't get over it until he makes All Pro. Swanson gives us depth at G even though he sucked at C. Ebron did progress as a receiver, but doesn't block. Sorry, but I expected more from a top ten pick. But then again only a idiot would draft a TE in the top ten. Too me this is a huge " prove it " year for him. For Wright, he did nothing last year, and probably has little trade value anyway, and he costs us this years 3rd to boot. Fuking Mayhew!

March 30th, 2016, 6:12 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Quote:

I think there is an advantage to cutting your losses when you know a player stinks or at least doesnt fit your projection before the rest of the league. My list would be
RB Abdullah, WR Fuller (probably not getting anything for him but maybe someone else s ERFA who fits better?), OT Lucas, C Swanson, DT Wright, LB Van Noy, S Carey, S Johnson

March 30th, 2016, 6:40 pm
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:
Yea I can see that in regards to Swanson and Eric " Empty Hands " Ebron. Yes I'm still pissed we took him, and won't get over it until he makes All Pro. Swanson gives us depth at G even though he sucked at C. Ebron did progress as a receiver, but doesn't block. Sorry, but I expected more from a top ten pick. But then again only a idiot would draft a TE in the top ten. Too me this is a huge " prove it " year for him. For Wright, he did nothing last year, and probably has little trade value anyway, and he costs us this years 3rd to boot. Fuking Mayhew!

Really?! Give a guy one season to prove his worth at center? I just don't understand that mentality. Particularly when we know that the first half of the season ALL THE OFFENSIVE LINEMEN looked bad because of Lombardi and his ridiculous offensive system and blocking schemes. Once JBC took over, Swannie had to learn a new system, and integrate into a new blocking scheme. Difficult for ANY player to do mid-season, but even tougher for the pivot guy playing in what is effectively his first season as a starter.

Some of the Detroit fans need to be a little more understanding.

April 23rd, 2016, 8:12 am
NFL Team Captain

m2karateman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

Really?! Give a guy one season to prove his worth at center? I just don't understand that mentality. Particularly when we know that the first half of the season ALL THE OFFENSIVE LINEMEN looked bad because of Lombardi and his ridiculous offensive system and blocking schemes. Once JBC took over, Swannie had to learn a new system, and integrate into a new blocking scheme. Difficult for ANY player to do mid-season, but even tougher for the pivot guy playing in what is effectively his first season as a starter.

Some of the Detroit fans need to be a little more understanding.

OK, fair enough, he does deserve more time, I'll give you that. But if they draft a center early next week it will be indicative of what the coaching staff and/or front office thinks of his potential, or lack thereof. I was all in on the idea of taking KVN a couple years ago, though not trading up to get him, and he's showed nothing to this point. Maybe he will splash this year. Some guys just take longer to develop.

April 23rd, 2016, 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next