View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2018, 2:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 I started a Lions blog 
Water Boy

Post I started a Lions blog
I started up a Lions blog, I try to get content up every day. Check it out if you get some time.

April 26th, 2016, 7:30 am
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Post Re: I started a Lions blog
No way 5 QBs get drafted in the first rd. only 2 are 1st rd rated, and after Cook the dropoff is huge. Nobody is taking a 4th rd pick in the 1st.

April 26th, 2016, 12:46 pm
Water Boy

I don't think so. There are too many teams without a starting quarterback going into this draft. There is a lot of talk about Cook and Lynch in the first round, and I've even seen rumblings of Hackenberg and Cardale (who I think are stretches to make it), but it is VERY likely we see at least four.

April 26th, 2016, 2:10 pm
RIP Killer

velocity wrote:
I don't think so. There are too many teams without a starting quarterback going into this draft. There is a lot of talk about Cook and Lynch in the first round, and I've even seen rumblings of Hackenberg and Cardale (who I think are stretches to make it), but it is VERY likely we see at least four.

I agree that at least three will go in the first round, but I think there will be four taken. Hackenberg is a possibility, if some team puts some merit in the words of Jon Gruden. Rams, Eagles and Jets will definitely go QB, I think. Browns might pull the trigger at 8. I think the more likely scenario is that they trade up from their second round pick to move into the mid to late 20s to take a QB, likely Connor Cook.

April 26th, 2016, 4:30 pm
Water Boy

Very possible, it's a little different this year that good teams need one at the bottom in Houston and Denver. The bottom third of the draft WILL see QBs, whether bad teams jump them or not.

April 27th, 2016, 12:53 pm

velocity wrote:
Very possible, it's a little different this year that good teams need one at the bottom in Houston and Denver. The bottom third of the draft WILL see QBs, whether bad teams jump them or not.

Houston? You think they paid Brock like they did and still feel the need to draft one? I doubt it. Denver however may need to either move up, or they will be the ones grabbing Cook IMO. We shall see tomorrow!

April 27th, 2016, 1:07 pm
Water Boy

I don't know what I was thinking there, I totally forgot about Brock (hah! old news, right?). Yeah your right, they won't be drafting a QB.

April 27th, 2016, 2:11 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

regularjoe12 wrote:
velocity wrote:

Houston? You think they paid Brock like they did and still feel the need to draft one? I doubt it. Denver however may need to either move up, or they will be the ones grabbing Cook IMO. We shall see tomorrow!

They can get out of Osweiller's contract after just 2 years. Yes, they would have to eat a little money. But, they can do it. So, yes, they very well could draft a QB in the 1st round and develope him for 2 years. Don't discard the fact that they would get the 5th year option on a 1st round QB.

April 27th, 2016, 2:44 pm

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
velocity wrote:

They can get out of Osweiller's contract after just 2 years. Yes, they would have to eat a little money. But, they can do it. So, yes, they very well could draft a QB in the 1st round and develope him for 2 years. Don't discard the fact that they would get the 5th year option on a 1st round QB.

Then why pay 20 mil a year to Brock based purely on potential? That makes no sense.

April 28th, 2016, 7:05 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
velocity wrote:

Then why pay 20 mil a year to Brock based purely on potential? That makes no sense.

Because it buys you 2 years to prep your future QB. This is not complicated.

April 28th, 2016, 8:51 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

It's not complicated but it seems wasteful.

April 28th, 2016, 9:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]