View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2018, 2:24 pm



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 I started a Lions blog 
Author Message
Water Boy

Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:26 am
Posts: 4
Post I started a Lions blog
I started up a Lions blog, I try to get content up every day. Check it out if you get some time.


April 26th, 2016, 7:30 am
Profile
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 4216
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
No way 5 QBs get drafted in the first rd. only 2 are 1st rd rated, and after Cook the dropoff is huge. Nobody is taking a 4th rd pick in the 1st.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 26th, 2016, 12:46 pm
Profile
Water Boy

Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:26 am
Posts: 4
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
I don't think so. There are too many teams without a starting quarterback going into this draft. There is a lot of talk about Cook and Lynch in the first round, and I've even seen rumblings of Hackenberg and Cardale (who I think are stretches to make it), but it is VERY likely we see at least four.


April 26th, 2016, 2:10 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 10408
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
velocity wrote:
I don't think so. There are too many teams without a starting quarterback going into this draft. There is a lot of talk about Cook and Lynch in the first round, and I've even seen rumblings of Hackenberg and Cardale (who I think are stretches to make it), but it is VERY likely we see at least four.


I agree that at least three will go in the first round, but I think there will be four taken. Hackenberg is a possibility, if some team puts some merit in the words of Jon Gruden. Rams, Eagles and Jets will definitely go QB, I think. Browns might pull the trigger at 8. I think the more likely scenario is that they trade up from their second round pick to move into the mid to late 20s to take a QB, likely Connor Cook.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


April 26th, 2016, 4:30 pm
Profile
Water Boy

Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:26 am
Posts: 4
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
Very possible, it's a little different this year that good teams need one at the bottom in Houston and Denver. The bottom third of the draft WILL see QBs, whether bad teams jump them or not.


April 27th, 2016, 12:53 pm
Profile
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 4216
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
velocity wrote:
Very possible, it's a little different this year that good teams need one at the bottom in Houston and Denver. The bottom third of the draft WILL see QBs, whether bad teams jump them or not.

Houston? You think they paid Brock like they did and still feel the need to draft one? I doubt it. Denver however may need to either move up, or they will be the ones grabbing Cook IMO. We shall see tomorrow!

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 27th, 2016, 1:07 pm
Profile
Water Boy

Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:26 am
Posts: 4
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
I don't know what I was thinking there, I totally forgot about Brock (hah! old news, right?). Yeah your right, they won't be drafting a QB.


April 27th, 2016, 2:11 pm
Profile
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9053
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
regularjoe12 wrote:
velocity wrote:
Very possible, it's a little different this year that good teams need one at the bottom in Houston and Denver. The bottom third of the draft WILL see QBs, whether bad teams jump them or not.

Houston? You think they paid Brock like they did and still feel the need to draft one? I doubt it. Denver however may need to either move up, or they will be the ones grabbing Cook IMO. We shall see tomorrow!


They can get out of Osweiller's contract after just 2 years. Yes, they would have to eat a little money. But, they can do it. So, yes, they very well could draft a QB in the 1st round and develope him for 2 years. Don't discard the fact that they would get the 5th year option on a 1st round QB.


April 27th, 2016, 2:44 pm
Profile
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 4216
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
velocity wrote:
Very possible, it's a little different this year that good teams need one at the bottom in Houston and Denver. The bottom third of the draft WILL see QBs, whether bad teams jump them or not.

Houston? You think they paid Brock like they did and still feel the need to draft one? I doubt it. Denver however may need to either move up, or they will be the ones grabbing Cook IMO. We shall see tomorrow!


They can get out of Osweiller's contract after just 2 years. Yes, they would have to eat a little money. But, they can do it. So, yes, they very well could draft a QB in the 1st round and develope him for 2 years. Don't discard the fact that they would get the 5th year option on a 1st round QB.


Then why pay 20 mil a year to Brock based purely on potential? That makes no sense.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


April 28th, 2016, 7:05 pm
Profile
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9053
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
velocity wrote:
Very possible, it's a little different this year that good teams need one at the bottom in Houston and Denver. The bottom third of the draft WILL see QBs, whether bad teams jump them or not.

Houston? You think they paid Brock like they did and still feel the need to draft one? I doubt it. Denver however may need to either move up, or they will be the ones grabbing Cook IMO. We shall see tomorrow!


They can get out of Osweiller's contract after just 2 years. Yes, they would have to eat a little money. But, they can do it. So, yes, they very well could draft a QB in the 1st round and develope him for 2 years. Don't discard the fact that they would get the 5th year option on a 1st round QB.


Then why pay 20 mil a year to Brock based purely on potential? That makes no sense.


Because it buys you 2 years to prep your future QB. This is not complicated.


April 28th, 2016, 8:51 pm
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded
User avatar

Joined: February 28th, 2007, 12:13 pm
Posts: 1019
Post Re: I started a Lions blog
It's not complicated but it seems wasteful.

_________________
If you think education is tough, try being stoopid.


April 28th, 2016, 9:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.