View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2018, 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Day 1 
RIP Killer

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: NFL Draft Day 1
liontrax wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
The Legend wrote:
as long as they dont go back more than 4-5 picks. i expect them to trade out of some later picks since they have bunch after the 4th round but they are thin w picks in the top of this bc of gabe wright deal so i think its less likely here

I was mad about that trade last year and even more so now. Not so much the selection, at the time, but now it's basically useless. Doubt if Gabe makes the team with the re-signings and now drafting Robinson.

He showed nothing last year, so yes, I would think he's history one way (cut) or another (trade bait). Basically useless is what most of Mayhew's picks were. Hey, with Robinson maybe we'll finally have a 2nd rounder that does something.

Not a Darius Slay fan? Or Abdullah?

April 29th, 2016, 10:38 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Well, I am surprised that Miles Killebrew, S, Southern Utah is still available. If he is still on the board, we should seriously consider him. Caldwell did say that we would draft a Safety.

April 29th, 2016, 10:40 pm
NFL Team Captain

m2karateman wrote:
liontrax wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
The Legend wrote:
as long as they dont go back more than 4-5 picks. i expect them to trade out of some later picks since they have bunch after the 4th round but they are thin w picks in the top of this bc of gabe wright deal so i think its less likely here

I was mad about that trade last year and even more so now. Not so much the selection, at the time, but now it's basically useless. Doubt if Gabe makes the team with the re-signings and now drafting Robinson.

He showed nothing last year, so yes, I would think he's history one way (cut) or another (trade bait). Basically useless is what most of Mayhew's picks were. Hey, with Robinson maybe we'll finally have a 2nd rounder that does something.

Not a Darius Slay fan? Or Abdullah?

Slay's OK, but the jury's still out on Abdullah. Looking forward to improvement from him this year. Mayhew was here for 7 years and all we have to show for it in the second round is Slay. Wait a minute, are you defending him?

April 29th, 2016, 11:00 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

QB, Jacoby Prisette to the Patriots? Are they signalling that Brady will be serving his suspension and not appealing to a higher court?

April 29th, 2016, 11:01 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

No love for Connor cook. 6 QB's off the board and Cook ain't 1 of them. Don't worry Connor. The Lions will take you in the 7th round if you are still there.

April 29th, 2016, 11:06 pm
NFL Team Captain

Hoping for Justin Simmons - Safety, with our pick

April 29th, 2016, 11:06 pm
NFL Team Captain

There you go Billy!

April 29th, 2016, 11:10 pm
NFL Team Captain

Good pick, he's versatile C/G and will push or replace Swanson.

April 29th, 2016, 11:13 pm
NFL Team Captain

Shoot, there goes my guy.

April 29th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

liontrax wrote:

pretty sad they didnt take him, looked in line to make a nice recovery here in day 2

April 29th, 2016, 11:24 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

conversion02 wrote:
They spent a 3rd and 4th on Wriht last year. They won't give up on him this early.

Charles isn't a chump either though, he's good quality. Doubt he's cut. I could see Reid get axed. Maybe walker.

reid wont be the cut, he s turned into a pretty solid dt and walker has the best pass rush skills of the lions group. maybe reid can play a lil DE for them. regardless, major uphill battle for wright - i dont think quinn cares about the previous trade at this point

April 29th, 2016, 11:29 pm
NFL Team Captain

The Legend wrote:
liontrax wrote:

pretty sad they didnt take him, looked in line to make a nice recovery here in day 2

Yea I wanted him pretty bad, but can't complain about the pick they made. Our O-line should now be set. Tomorrow - S, CB, LB's, and maybe a WR.

April 29th, 2016, 11:29 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

liontrax wrote:
The Legend wrote:
liontrax wrote:

Yea I wanted him pretty bad, but can't complain about the pick they made. Our O-line should now be set. Tomorrow - S, CB, LB's, and maybe a WR.

I dont feel real strongly about Glasgow, I think he rose on the draft boards from 6th-7th rd area middle rounds based on Harbaugh talking him up. I dont think he was quite worth that pick but he is a guy I like with some worries about his off the field issues. Pretty good athleticism for a very tall center and Swanson has been really bad.

April 29th, 2016, 11:53 pm
NFL Team Captain

The Legend wrote:
liontrax wrote:
The Legend wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I dont feel real strongly about Glasgow, I think he rose on the draft boards from 6th-7th rd area middle rounds based on Harbaugh talking him up. I dont think he was quite worth that pick but he is a guy I like with some worries about his off the field issues. Pretty good athleticism for a very tall center and Swanson has been really bad.

He was impressive during the Senior Bowl week. I think he was a reach, but from what I've read, Quinn prefers larger centers. I believe he still would have been there in the fourth, and I didn't see any scouting reports that had him rated that high. Somebody in that war room must have really wanted him bad.

April 29th, 2016, 11:56 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

April 30th, 2016, 2:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next