View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2018, 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Anthony Zettle 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Anthony Zettle
There is our DE/DT.

April 30th, 2016, 4:47 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Re: Anthony Zettle
Looking like Quinn likes DLinemen than can switch between DE and DT. Robinson is the same way.

April 30th, 2016, 4:48 pm
NFL Team Captain

Zettel, like this pick alot.

April 30th, 2016, 4:49 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

real nice pick. Seems like a guy that could grow into something similar to Jones or add weight to make a good penetrating UT like Walker.

April 30th, 2016, 4:52 pm
RIP Killer

A few 3-4 looks this year?

April 30th, 2016, 4:56 pm

conversion02 wrote:
A few 3-4 looks this year?

Copeland/Van Noy do give you some options along with all these DTs.

April 30th, 2016, 5:08 pm
RIP Killer

Except they're both turrible

April 30th, 2016, 6:12 pm
RIP Killer

Robinson is NOT a 4-3 DE. I don't know why people are saying he can play defensive end for the Lions. They can put him there, of course. But this is a passing league, and your defensive ends in this scheme have to be pass rushers. Robinson is to pass rushing what Stafford is to pass rushing.

Zettle is a longshot to make this team. He lacks the quick first step, doesn't have great pass rush moves, and isn't a particularly good bull rusher. I think he's better against the run than the pass, which is the same for Robinson.

Is Quinn THAT worried about AP and Eddie Lacy?

April 30th, 2016, 10:19 pm

m2karateman wrote:
Robinson is NOT a 4-3 DE. I don't know why people are saying he can play defensive end for the Lions. They can put him there, of course. But this is a passing league, and your defensive ends in this scheme have to be pass rushers. Robinson is to pass rushing what Stafford is to pass rushing.

Zettle is a longshot to make this team. He lacks the quick first step, doesn't have great pass rush moves, and isn't a particularly good bull rusher. I think he's better against the run than the pass, which is the same for Robinson.

All Zettel has is a quick first step. His entire game is built on high effort and splitting gaps. If he makes the team he can be a rotational guy to just come in and stop the opposing linemen from getting a breather. He worked out as a DL, LB, and TE, so who knows what position the Lions are even bringing him in to play.

April 30th, 2016, 11:07 pm
NFL Team Captain

rao wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

All Zettel has is a quick first step. His entire game is built on high effort and splitting gaps. If he makes the team he can be a rotational guy to just come in and stop the opposing linemen from getting a breather. He worked out as a DL, LB, and TE, so who knows what position the Lions are even bringing him in to play.

He'll be a DE if he makes the rotation. Quinn said he's to light to be a DT, although they sometime move the DE's inside in situations. He was misused at Penn St. at Tackle and actually had a better year in 2014 as a full time DE.

April 30th, 2016, 11:38 pm

liontrax wrote:
rao wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

He'll be a DE if he makes the rotation. Quinn said he's to light to be a DT, although they sometime move the DE's inside in situations. He was misused at Penn St. at Tackle and actually had a better year in 2014 as a full time DE.

Yeah I saw that to about him being misused. He looks to be pretty maxed out mass wise so i wonder if he'll slim down a touch when he gets on a NFL nutritional program and improve his bend a bit to make a better DE. I think his biggest problem is he has a bit too much bulk on his frame and it takes away from his flexibility which he needs to be an NFL DE.

May 1st, 2016, 2:09 am
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

He has a good burst for a DT, not for an NFL DE. Big difference.

May 1st, 2016, 7:55 am
Player of the Year - Offense

I read that it wasn't that PSU misused him--they needed bodies at positions because of the sanctions and asked him to move to DT and bulk up. Sounds like could be a decent rotational DE if he focuses on it and loses some weight.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

May 1st, 2016, 8:18 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

I liked the guy picked right after Zettle, Dadi Lhomme Nicolas. A guy they could bring in on passing downs to go after the passer and probably help you on some kick coverage units as you try and teach him some finer points of the game to expand his usage. Nicolas might require some creativity to get onto the field whereas Zettle fits as a rotational DE who will play hard and be able to spell your starters without being a big threat or a total liability. I thnk he s a high floor low ceiling guy at this point in the draft and they needed someone like that for DE after passing in free agency and the earlier rounds.

May 1st, 2016, 8:55 am
NFL Team Captain

Check out Zettel against Conklin

https://vine.co/v/inHiv9wujj2

May 1st, 2016, 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next