View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2018, 11:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Bjorn Werner 
Player of the Year - Offense

Post Bjorn Werner
Anybody could see moving him to OLB wasn't going to work. What do you think of giving him a shot as a 4-3 DE?

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

May 2nd, 2016, 12:49 pm
League MVP

Post Re: Bjorn Werner
I'm all for it. He was my favorite DE in that draft class, I say give him a shot.

May 2nd, 2016, 1:30 pm
3rd Round Selection

I would definitely give him a chance and see what he can do. He has the athleticism and power to play DE, in fact I think he was projected as a 4-3 DE before Colts decided to screw the pooch.

At this point, we have nothing to lose, give him a 1 year deal, and let him compete. If he has what it takes, he'll make the team, otherwise, he's camp fodder.

May 2nd, 2016, 1:34 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

He'd have to put back on a good amount of weight. I think NFL.com had him listed at 255 and that's to small if your looking for a guy to challenge Taylor for the starting spot. I'm pretty sure he was bigger during the draft, but I wonder if he was able to play at that weight it may actually be hard for him to keep weight on during a season.

May 2nd, 2016, 1:48 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

he hasnt been very good and was always overrated IMO but this is low risk who cares if he just ends up being a camp body - just have to get him to come with minimal guaranteed money

May 2nd, 2016, 5:47 pm
Junior Varsity

Watched him play DE at FSU and he was an absolute BEAST. Would love to see the Lions take a flyer on him

May 11th, 2016, 12:23 pm
Team MVP

The fact that he passed through waivers and couldn't get an invite to any of the 2000+ positions during the 90man roster part of the offseason, shows no one holds him in high regard.

May 11th, 2016, 4:33 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

njroar wrote:
The fact that he passed through waivers and couldn't get an invite to any of the 2000+ positions during the 90man roster part of the offseason, shows no one holds him in high regard.

He is a Jag now. 1 year deal. No idea how much.

May 11th, 2016, 6:15 pm
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
njroar wrote:

Yeah, I ran out to school and came home realizing they signed him an hour after I posted that.

May 11th, 2016, 8:14 pm
3rd Round Selection

regularjoe12 wrote:
njroar wrote:

Dang it! Of all the teams, he had to go sign with the one team I can't stand.

May 12th, 2016, 10:07 am
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

DayDreamer wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
njroar wrote:

How can you hate the jags? They are one of the few teams that have had it as bad as the Lions for almost as long. Saying you hate them is like saying you hate the Browns.

May 12th, 2016, 12:39 pm
Junior Varsity

Increasingly NOT looking forward to playing them this year. Ramsey, Jack, Bortles... Good for them though

May 12th, 2016, 12:45 pm
3rd Round Selection

regularjoe12 wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
njroar wrote:

How can you hate the jags? They are one of the few teams that have had it as bad as the Lions for almost as long. Saying you hate them is like saying you hate the Browns.

I used to like them until the regime change, I like their coach still. But for some reason, their new owner just rubs me the wrong way.

May 12th, 2016, 1:57 pm
League MVP

DayDreamer wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
njroar wrote:

I used to like them until the regime change, I like their coach still. But for some reason, their new owner just rubs me the wrong way.

I've realized that I hate the Bears so much that I have no hatred left for any other team. (except UofM of course lol).

May 12th, 2016, 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]