View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 19th, 2018, 1:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Anquan Bolden 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Anquan Bolden
1 year deal with the Lions.

July 26th, 2016, 1:50 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Post Re: Anquan Bolden
He still runs good routes and has good hands.

July 26th, 2016, 3:36 pm
RIP Killer

I remember his rookie game pretty well. The Cardinals second round pick was overshadowed by a couple of highly touted first round WR picks, the Cardinals Bryant Johnson and the Lions Charles Rogers (who scored on his first two NFL catches and finished just under 40 yards). Boldin, of course, outplayed both of them scoring two TDs of his own and setting a rookie receiving record of over 200 yards (don't remember the exact number, think he had about 10 grabs).

The Lions still smoked the Cardinals as Joey H. threw 4 TDs in total I believe. Dre Bly also played his first game as a Lion, think he got a pick-six as well. Ahh, the good old days - not really as Millen was in charge...

July 26th, 2016, 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

Not what he used to be but some reliable 3td down hands are always useful

July 28th, 2016, 12:03 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Good third option for the team. There's no replacing CJ, but the Lions can put a number of good receivers on the field now with Tate, Jones, Boldin, Riddick and Ebron.

July 28th, 2016, 12:41 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

UK Lion wrote:
Good third option for the team. There's no replacing CJ, but the Lions can put a number of good receivers on the field now with Tate, Jones, Boldin, Riddick and Ebron.

Remove Ebron from your statement and I completely agree. What I like about all of our FA receivers is their low drop rate. These guys might not be superstars but they catch what comes their way.

Ebron on the other hand....I'm tired of talking about his potential. In 2 years he has shown that he is worse than Pett in all areas. It's s#!t or get off the pot time for him.

July 28th, 2016, 1:35 pm
3rd Round Selection

Nothing against Mr. Bolden, but I'm hoping he doesn't make the team.

I understand the need to win now and I also understand that next year you will have the same need, and the year after that and so on. At 36 he is past his prime for being an every down receiver, not to mention you are looking at a one and done season. I would like to see some continuity developing for the years to come.

Still, I think it was a good move by the Lions. At the very least, the very least, he should push the younger guys during camp. At worst, Tate or Jones or the 3rd receiver is hurt in the preseason and Bolden can step in.

July 30th, 2016, 9:15 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post BOLDIN
How did I know who started the thread when the player's last name was spelled incorrectly?

July 30th, 2016, 9:20 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Re: BOLDIN
The Legend wrote:
How did I know who started the thread when the player's last name was spelled incorrectly?

Ok Mr. Nevermadeamistake.

July 30th, 2016, 10:40 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: BOLDIN
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Ok Mr. Nevermadeamistake.

you know we love you billy

July 30th, 2016, 3:18 pm
Junior Varsity

The Boldin signing brought our receiver corps from middle ground to one of the better receiver corps in the division, if not the league. Can anyone remember last time we had even a competent #2 receiver before Tate? Maybe one good year with Burleson?

This is an excellent signing. So far he is quickly building chemistry with Stafford, something that took him years to do with CJ. Besides having extreme bias because Boldin is a SEMINOLE, I've never seen our receiver corps look better.

August 4th, 2016, 10:50 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

chilledmonkeybrains wrote:
The Boldin signing brought our receiver corps from middle ground to one of the better receiver corps in the division, if not the league. Can anyone remember last time we had even a competent #2 receiver before Tate? Maybe one good year with Burleson?

This is an excellent signing. So far he is quickly building chemistry with Stafford, something that took him years to do with CJ. Besides having extreme bias because Boldin is a SEMINOLE, I've never seen our receiver corps look better.

they had a decent WR corps with Megatron, Burleson and Young complemented by Pettigrew but that only lasted a minute. of course others on here would argue that Kris Durham was going to be the 2nd coming.

August 6th, 2016, 2:24 pm
3rd Round Selection

So far he is quickly building chemistry with Stafford, something that took him years to do with CJ.

He was a rookie trying to acclimate to the NFL let alone CJ. Now, you have two veterans who understand route trees and defenses working together.

Liked his reception in the 1st preseason game. Runs well after the catch for an 'old' man.

August 17th, 2016, 12:20 pm
Varsity Captain

Jafo wrote:
So far he is quickly building chemistry with Stafford, something that took him years to do with CJ.

He was a rookie trying to acclimate to the NFL let alone CJ. Now, you have two veterans who understand route trees and defenses working together.

Liked his reception in the 1st preseason game. Runs well after the catch for an 'old' man.

And once again......Stafford with a bad pass behind the receiver.

Would love to see Staff actually hit a receiver in stride.

Frok

August 17th, 2016, 11:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]