View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 22nd, 2019, 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Need help with a live streaming service 
3rd Round Selection

Post Need help with a live streaming service
Guys, I need some help.

For the last 3 years, I've been overseas, and enjoyed live streaming of all games (including playoffs, preseason and Suerbowl) on the NFL Gamepass. Unfortunately, I've never used that service in the continental US before since I was in MI or Windsor, and didn't need to. Now, I'll be moving back to the states, but to Philly (ugh, I know). And I won't be able to watch our favorite Lions because I'd be out of market.

Gamepass as far as I know, doesn't offer live streaming inside the US, you can only watch games on demand after the game is over. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of any service that offers live games of the Lions? I don't mind paying. And Dish TV is not an option for me.

July 31st, 2016, 3:26 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
DayDreamer wrote:
Guys, I need some help.

For the last 3 years, I've been overseas, and enjoyed live streaming of all games (including playoffs, preseason and Suerbowl) on the NFL Gamepass. Unfortunately, I've never used that service in the continental US before since I was in MI or Windsor, and didn't need to. Now, I'll be moving back to the states, but to Philly (ugh, I know). And I won't be able to watch our favorite Lions because I'd be out of market.

Gamepass as far as I know, doesn't offer live streaming inside the US, you can only watch games on demand after the game is over. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of any service that offers live games of the Lions? I don't mind paying. And Dish TV is not an option for me.

I thought NFL.com now offered streaming of every game, but I could be wrong. I could have swore I read some advertisement about it last season...

Not very helpful, sorry.

July 31st, 2016, 5:02 pm
Team MVP

Besides paying and outrageous amount for the premium packages, you can always use atdhe.se or whatever extension they use this season. It's not the best quality and sometimes a few minutes delayed but they work.

July 31st, 2016, 6:50 pm
#1 Overall Pick

DayDreamer wrote:
Guys, I need some help.

Would your gamepass account work if you logged in using a proxy server service, which makes the gamepass site think your computer is outside the USA?

I love gamepass! :D

August 1st, 2016, 5:02 am
Varsity Captain

UK Lion wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Guys, I need some help.

Would your gamepass account work if you logged in using a proxy server service, which makes the gamepass site think your computer is outside the USA?

I have a buddy who does that.

August 1st, 2016, 5:58 am
3rd Round Selection

frok wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Guys, I need some help.

I have a buddy who does that.

I love the international gamepass too. But I don't know of any proxy service that is fast enough, and reliable enough for HD streaming, and if there is one, I'm sure it's quite expensive. frok, do you know which proxy service your buddy uses?

August 1st, 2016, 12:22 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Sorry mate, I've never used a proxy service so no idea about speed or $.

From what I have read, paid services are better from a privacy/security point of view as well as speed.

These guys are recommended and seem pretty cheap if you pay for a full year: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/p ... oCatLw_wcB

Have a read here: http://www.wired.com/2015/07/proxy-serv ... ernatives/

August 2nd, 2016, 5:46 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

I used Nordic VPN when I was traveling through Europe to watch HBO. It worked really well.

But bear in mind they may track VPN usage and ban your account at some point.

August 4th, 2016, 1:34 pm
3rd Round Selection

Blueskies wrote:
I used Nordic VPN when I was traveling through Europe to watch HBO. It worked really well.

But bear in mind they may track VPN usage and ban your account at some point.

This never occurred to me, but it is a valid point. 200$ is too much money to take a gamble on. I have come across something a little piratey, it is a streaming service that you have to install. Granted, the installation process is a bit laborious, but I can find on-demand HD streams of almost everything in it (so far, anyway, you never know how long these things survive). I won't mention it in a public forum, but if someone wants to know what it is, just PM me.

August 5th, 2016, 2:27 am

Another option is if you have friends/family in the Detroit area, you could have them install something like a Slingbox, Tablo, etc. in their house and watch remotely that way over the Internet.

August 5th, 2016, 2:43 pm
3rd Round Selection

Blueskies wrote:
Another option is if you have friends/family in the Detroit area, you could have them install something like a Slingbox, Tablo, etc. in their house and watch remotely that way over the Internet.

I finally came up with a good legal solution to my problem. NFL Sunday Ticket offers a streaming service priced at 50/mo for 4 months (200 in total) if you can prove that you live in an apartment, and can't get a dish installed. It is also offered to all residents of certain cities, as it happens, Philly is one of those cities. As a bonus, they offer almost a 50% discount to students, and since I am actually moving to Philadelphia for grad school, I'm in luck. 100 bucks for live streaming of all NFL games is a good deal in my book.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, but I think we have a solution. I'll let you guys know how things shake out once I subscribe, it should be around early September.

August 5th, 2016, 3:50 pm

DayDreamer wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

I finally came up with a good legal solution to my problem. NFL Sunday Ticket offers a streaming service priced at 50/mo for 4 months (200 in total) if you can prove that you live in an apartment, and can't get a dish installed. It is also offered to all residents of certain cities, as it happens, Philly is one of those cities. As a bonus, they offer almost a 50% discount to students, and since I am actually moving to Philadelphia for grad school, I'm in luck. 100 bucks for live streaming of all NFL games is a good deal in my book.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, but I think we have a solution. I'll let you guys know how things shake out once I subscribe, it should be around early September.

Coincidently I'm also about to move into an apartment for grad school.

I had planned to put a Tablo in my mom's house near Detroit, but this sounds like a better solution incase her Internet goes out, etc.

August 5th, 2016, 3:53 pm
Pro Bowl Player

PLus if its all games that would get around blackouts and such right Blue? $100 for all NFL doesn't sound unreasonable.

August 8th, 2016, 11:45 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

The student version covers everything except national tv blackouts. So if its on Sunday night, Monday night, or Thursday night, it won't be on Sunday Ticket. I had it last fall semester and it's definitely worth the $100 bucks.

August 8th, 2016, 11:57 am
Player of the Year - Offense

https://nflst.directv.com/

$50 if you're eligible.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

August 8th, 2016, 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next