View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 22nd, 2019, 3:20 am



Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Need help with a live streaming service 
Author Message
3rd Round Selection
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:18 am
Posts: 1107
Location: Where I lay my head is home
Post Need help with a live streaming service
Guys, I need some help.

For the last 3 years, I've been overseas, and enjoyed live streaming of all games (including playoffs, preseason and Suerbowl) on the NFL Gamepass. Unfortunately, I've never used that service in the continental US before since I was in MI or Windsor, and didn't need to. Now, I'll be moving back to the states, but to Philly (ugh, I know). And I won't be able to watch our favorite Lions because I'd be out of market.

Gamepass as far as I know, doesn't offer live streaming inside the US, you can only watch games on demand after the game is over. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of any service that offers live games of the Lions? I don't mind paying. And Dish TV is not an option for me.


July 31st, 2016, 3:26 pm
Profile
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 4216
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
DayDreamer wrote:
Guys, I need some help.

For the last 3 years, I've been overseas, and enjoyed live streaming of all games (including playoffs, preseason and Suerbowl) on the NFL Gamepass. Unfortunately, I've never used that service in the continental US before since I was in MI or Windsor, and didn't need to. Now, I'll be moving back to the states, but to Philly (ugh, I know). And I won't be able to watch our favorite Lions because I'd be out of market.

Gamepass as far as I know, doesn't offer live streaming inside the US, you can only watch games on demand after the game is over. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of any service that offers live games of the Lions? I don't mind paying. And Dish TV is not an option for me.



I thought NFL.com now offered streaming of every game, but I could be wrong. I could have swore I read some advertisement about it last season...

Not very helpful, sorry.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


July 31st, 2016, 5:02 pm
Profile
Team MVP

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 3290
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
Besides paying and outrageous amount for the premium packages, you can always use atdhe.se or whatever extension they use this season. It's not the best quality and sometimes a few minutes delayed but they work.


July 31st, 2016, 6:50 pm
Profile
#1 Overall Pick

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1499
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
DayDreamer wrote:
Guys, I need some help.

For the last 3 years, I've been overseas, and enjoyed live streaming of all games (including playoffs, preseason and Suerbowl) on the NFL Gamepass. Unfortunately, I've never used that service in the continental US before since I was in MI or Windsor, and didn't need to. Now, I'll be moving back to the states, but to Philly (ugh, I know). And I won't be able to watch our favorite Lions because I'd be out of market.

Gamepass as far as I know, doesn't offer live streaming inside the US, you can only watch games on demand after the game is over. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of any service that offers live games of the Lions? I don't mind paying. And Dish TV is not an option for me.

Would your gamepass account work if you logged in using a proxy server service, which makes the gamepass site think your computer is outside the USA?

I love gamepass! :D


August 1st, 2016, 5:02 am
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: August 9th, 2004, 1:51 am
Posts: 310
Location: kalamazoo,mi
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
UK Lion wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Guys, I need some help.

For the last 3 years, I've been overseas, and enjoyed live streaming of all games (including playoffs, preseason and Suerbowl) on the NFL Gamepass. Unfortunately, I've never used that service in the continental US before since I was in MI or Windsor, and didn't need to. Now, I'll be moving back to the states, but to Philly (ugh, I know). And I won't be able to watch our favorite Lions because I'd be out of market.

Gamepass as far as I know, doesn't offer live streaming inside the US, you can only watch games on demand after the game is over. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of any service that offers live games of the Lions? I don't mind paying. And Dish TV is not an option for me.

Would your gamepass account work if you logged in using a proxy server service, which makes the gamepass site think your computer is outside the USA?

I love gamepass! :D


I have a buddy who does that.

_________________
I feel more like I do now than when I first got here.


August 1st, 2016, 5:58 am
Profile
3rd Round Selection
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:18 am
Posts: 1107
Location: Where I lay my head is home
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
frok wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
DayDreamer wrote:
Guys, I need some help.

For the last 3 years, I've been overseas, and enjoyed live streaming of all games (including playoffs, preseason and Suerbowl) on the NFL Gamepass. Unfortunately, I've never used that service in the continental US before since I was in MI or Windsor, and didn't need to. Now, I'll be moving back to the states, but to Philly (ugh, I know). And I won't be able to watch our favorite Lions because I'd be out of market.

Gamepass as far as I know, doesn't offer live streaming inside the US, you can only watch games on demand after the game is over. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of any service that offers live games of the Lions? I don't mind paying. And Dish TV is not an option for me.

Would your gamepass account work if you logged in using a proxy server service, which makes the gamepass site think your computer is outside the USA?

I love gamepass! :D


I have a buddy who does that.


I love the international gamepass too. But I don't know of any proxy service that is fast enough, and reliable enough for HD streaming, and if there is one, I'm sure it's quite expensive. frok, do you know which proxy service your buddy uses?


August 1st, 2016, 12:22 pm
Profile
#1 Overall Pick

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1499
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
Sorry mate, I've never used a proxy service so no idea about speed or $.

From what I have read, paid services are better from a privacy/security point of view as well as speed.

These guys are recommended and seem pretty cheap if you pay for a full year: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/p ... oCatLw_wcB

Have a read here: http://www.wired.com/2015/07/proxy-serv ... ernatives/


August 2nd, 2016, 5:46 am
Profile
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 3129
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
I used Nordic VPN when I was traveling through Europe to watch HBO. It worked really well.

But bear in mind they may track VPN usage and ban your account at some point.


August 4th, 2016, 1:34 pm
Profile
3rd Round Selection
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:18 am
Posts: 1107
Location: Where I lay my head is home
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
Blueskies wrote:
I used Nordic VPN when I was traveling through Europe to watch HBO. It worked really well.

But bear in mind they may track VPN usage and ban your account at some point.


This never occurred to me, but it is a valid point. 200$ is too much money to take a gamble on. I have come across something a little piratey, it is a streaming service that you have to install. Granted, the installation process is a bit laborious, but I can find on-demand HD streams of almost everything in it (so far, anyway, you never know how long these things survive). I won't mention it in a public forum, but if someone wants to know what it is, just PM me.


August 5th, 2016, 2:27 am
Profile
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 3129
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
Another option is if you have friends/family in the Detroit area, you could have them install something like a Slingbox, Tablo, etc. in their house and watch remotely that way over the Internet.


August 5th, 2016, 2:43 pm
Profile
3rd Round Selection
User avatar

Joined: December 18th, 2008, 9:18 am
Posts: 1107
Location: Where I lay my head is home
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
Blueskies wrote:
Another option is if you have friends/family in the Detroit area, you could have them install something like a Slingbox, Tablo, etc. in their house and watch remotely that way over the Internet.


I finally came up with a good legal solution to my problem. NFL Sunday Ticket offers a streaming service priced at 50/mo for 4 months (200 in total) if you can prove that you live in an apartment, and can't get a dish installed. It is also offered to all residents of certain cities, as it happens, Philly is one of those cities. As a bonus, they offer almost a 50% discount to students, and since I am actually moving to Philadelphia for grad school, I'm in luck. 100 bucks for live streaming of all NFL games is a good deal in my book.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, but I think we have a solution. I'll let you guys know how things shake out once I subscribe, it should be around early September.


August 5th, 2016, 3:50 pm
Profile
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 3129
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
DayDreamer wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Another option is if you have friends/family in the Detroit area, you could have them install something like a Slingbox, Tablo, etc. in their house and watch remotely that way over the Internet.


I finally came up with a good legal solution to my problem. NFL Sunday Ticket offers a streaming service priced at 50/mo for 4 months (200 in total) if you can prove that you live in an apartment, and can't get a dish installed. It is also offered to all residents of certain cities, as it happens, Philly is one of those cities. As a bonus, they offer almost a 50% discount to students, and since I am actually moving to Philadelphia for grad school, I'm in luck. 100 bucks for live streaming of all NFL games is a good deal in my book.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, but I think we have a solution. I'll let you guys know how things shake out once I subscribe, it should be around early September.


Coincidently I'm also about to move into an apartment for grad school.

I had planned to put a Tablo in my mom's house near Detroit, but this sounds like a better solution incase her Internet goes out, etc.


August 5th, 2016, 3:53 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2578
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
PLus if its all games that would get around blackouts and such right Blue? $100 for all NFL doesn't sound unreasonable.


August 8th, 2016, 11:45 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 3290
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
The student version covers everything except national tv blackouts. So if its on Sunday night, Monday night, or Thursday night, it won't be on Sunday Ticket. I had it last fall semester and it's definitely worth the $100 bucks.


August 8th, 2016, 11:57 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2877
Post Re: Need help with a live streaming service
https://nflst.directv.com/

$50 if you're eligible.

_________________
"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell


August 8th, 2016, 12:51 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.