View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2018, 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Week 2: Titans @ Lions. 
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: Week 2: Titans @ Lions.
Painful game. With all those flags it was really hard to watch even had they won. Too much left into the refs hands but why couldnt the coaching staff or leadership instruct to tighten it up. Surprised that the Lions had such a hard time moving the ball later in the game but with the penalties, injuries and drops this game was just a poop show. Caldwell jinxed himself when asked earlier in the week if Copeland can play some Linebackers Caldwell responded "we have linebackers" but when they started dropping like flies he had to put Copeland out there in key situations. Should be prepared for all situations.

September 18th, 2016, 8:09 pm
League MVP

Like already mentioned, pathetic game. I felt some players, like Stafford, were playing hard. And guys like Tomlinson and Tate...not so much.

The penalties are still making me shake my head. So much its starting to hurt.

Funny how many call Tomlinson dumb. This guy wants to be a doctor after his NFL career. wow

September 18th, 2016, 9:36 pm
NFL Team Captain

jrd66 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Summary: Embarrassing
8000 penalties, a dozen injuries to starters, golden Tate a no show, slay sucked, Tomlinson is the dumbest lineman ever

This. What a phukking awful game by that waste of a first round pick. He got blown by more than a fence post next to the Autobahn. They need to put Dahl in there and put Tomlinson's fatass on the bench.

Funny, I was saying that during the game. Truly disappointing rd 1 pick. Maybe he'll develop, but it's taking too long for a rd 1 OG.

Just like last week, Tomlinson showed he's mediocre. Another wasted high pick by Mayhew. At least Ebron is starting to show potential.

September 18th, 2016, 11:54 pm
#1 Overall Pick

Points for practice this week:

1. Teach Golden Tate he has two arms.

2. Teach Laken Tomlinson.

3. Find some linebackers.

4. If you plan to go into a game light at a position group, get some players outside that position group some reps in it - just in case.

5. Teach the team to play to the refs.

September 19th, 2016, 6:48 am
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

I have a very hard time understanding how a home team can be this unfocused. 7 drops, 17 penalties. That's just rediculous.

On a side note, has anyone seen a worse officiated game? Bad calls, no calls, calls called for the wrong penalty. Even the commentators were arguing about them most of the 3rd quarter. What a debacle. I won't say we were screwed by the refs (although the Ebron TD that was called back on a poor call would have made a huge difference) because the calls were just as bad for the Titans.

September 19th, 2016, 8:15 am
Megatron

UK Lion wrote:

4. If you plan to go into a game light at a position group, get some players outside that position group some reps in it - just in case.

6. How to choose between kicking a 55 yard FG and punting.

September 19th, 2016, 8:56 am
#1 Overall Pick

TheRealWags wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

6. How to choose between kicking a 55 yard FG and punting.

Yeah - when the punt landed inside the 10 Caldwell looked like he gotten fortunate. Then 1 play later Murray pounds the ball waaaaaaay past where we would have been had we gone for it and missed, or kicked a FG and missed.

I thought that was a poor decision - both at the time and with the benefit of hindsight.

Oh and point number 7. how to commit as many penalties as we did in the Jim Schwartz era (yes, amazingly, that would be an improvement on what we saw yesterday).

Going to be a typical Lions season, with only Caldwell's inevitable firing to look forward to, I think ...

September 19th, 2016, 10:14 am
Martha Firestone Ford

regularjoe12 wrote:
I have a very hard time understanding how a home team can be this unfocused. 7 drops, 17 penalties. That's just rediculous.

On a side note, has anyone seen a worse officiated game? Bad calls, no calls, calls called for the wrong penalty. Even the commentators were arguing about them most of the 3rd quarter. What a debacle. I won't say we were screwed by the refs (although the Ebron TD that was called back on a poor call would have made a huge difference) because the calls were just as bad for the Titans.

I agree. The refs sucked both ways. I think they thought they were the reason the fans came to the game.

But, on both Ebron's and Bolden's TD catches, in which they were both penalized for pushing off, the call could have easily gone the other way for pass interference on the defense. Or, they could have been just as justified in not throwing a flag at all also. Basically, they were ticky tack fouls that could have just been chalked up to playing physical and letting them go.

September 19th, 2016, 10:16 am
RIP Killer

Same old Lions except they now have cheerleaders! :idea:

September 19th, 2016, 10:24 am
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Am I alone in thinking the Lions should have dedicated more plays to the run game? I feel like Washington wasn't given a chance to show what he can bring. Pound the rock Lions! We had 40 passes attempted, but only 20 runs. That is not a balanced offense.

September 19th, 2016, 5:16 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

I am chalking this loss up to running into a team that was desperately trying to avoid going 0-2.

I know I said we would lose at Green Bay next week, in the predictions thread. But, I think we are just as pissed at losing this week as the Packers are. So, I think we have a chance.

September 20th, 2016, 10:02 am
Pro Bowl Player

jrd66 wrote:

Funny, I was saying that during the game. Truly disappointing rd 1 pick. Maybe he'll develop, but it's taking too long for a rd 1 OG.

BUt thats the Rub. You shouldnt really NEED to develop a 1st round pick to get them to play at a starting calibur level. Im not saying you dont' develoip all players, but this implies they took someone not good enough to be a starting OG in the NFL as he was in Rd 1. Just like the Obron pick where he had to develop pass catching skills and blocking skills, and by the time he is any good his contract is up. If you take an OG or OC in Rd 1, they better be a Fricken Mauler like Alex Mack was or Nick Mangold.

September 20th, 2016, 12:53 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

After watching replays of Ebrons "pass interference" I am beyond pissed. There was MAYBE minimal hand fighting but definitely no push off. The defender guessed the wrong route and Ebron made him look silly by planting instead of continuing to move to the right. I've really only watched the Lions games so far this season, but the reffing seems to be worse than usual.

September 21st, 2016, 7:54 am
3rd Round Selection

I think the officiating crew was out of control. It is said that you can call a penalty on every play, but they didn't have to prove it. Some of the calls were ticky tack, but there are always those calls and the more they go against your team the more ticky tack we tend to think they are. I am in the minority in thinking that the call on Ebron was a good call. I didn't like it, I thought it was ticky tack, but I also think Ebron could have kept his hands to himself and not given the refs the opportunity. Defenders get called for stuff like that all the time.

As a matter of fact, the Ebron call pretty much tells the tale of why the Lions lost. They failed to control the things they could control putting themselves in position to get jobbed by the refs. Ignore the penalties and look at all of the missed opportunities the Lions left on the field. I don't think there is anyone that coached or played that you can't point a finger at and the worst part was that it wasn't really all that bad. They were just off enough to make themselves vulnerable. Sadly, they were the same old Lions.

There was some good stuff that happened too and there are 14 more games left. Being .500 isn't nearly as good as being undefeated but it is still better than being 0-2

September 22nd, 2016, 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2