View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2018, 7:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Barry Sanders Jr 
Red Shirt Freshman

Post Barry Sanders Jr
Should Lions throw this kid a bone as a UDFA. We're in need of running back looks and he's available on the street. He can't be all bad, he got a full scholarship to Stanford a credible D1 school and transferred to another one. In the kids defense, he did sit behind a top 10 1st Round Draft choice in McCaffrey and unfortunately went to a Oklahoma St team already established at the position. Always remember Tom Brady sat behind Brian Griese and never stepped on the Michigan field during his tenured. He was drafted 6 Rd but easily could have been undrafted having only High School tape pretty much... So would it kill the Lions to throw our HOF Son who probably have a chip on his shoulders a bone and see what we get. Thoughts??

May 4th, 2017, 12:47 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Barry Sanders Jr
Mufasa wrote:
Should Lions throw this kid a bone as a UDFA. We're in need of running back looks and he's available on the street. He can't be all bad, he got a full scholarship to Stanford a credible D1 school and transferred to another one. In the kids defense, he did sit behind a top 10 1st Round Draft choice in McCaffrey and unfortunately went to a Oklahoma St team already established at the position. Always remember Tom Brady sat behind Brian Griese and never stepped on the Michigan field during his tenured. He was drafted 6 Rd but easily could have been undrafted having only High School tape pretty much... So would it kill the Lions to throw our HOF Son who probably have a chip on his shoulders a bone and see what we get. Thoughts??

I don't mind throwing Jr a bone. As for Brady, he started every game his last two seasons at Michigan so let's not revise history saying he had no tape - although Drew Henson also got quite a few snaps. Brady was just an OK QB at Michigan and he looked horrible for the most part at the Combine.

May 4th, 2017, 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

Pablo wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

I don't mind throwing Jr a bone. As for Brady, he started every game his last two seasons at Michigan so let's not revise history saying he had no tape - although Drew Henson also got quite a few snaps. Brady was just an OK QB at Michigan and he looked horrible for the most part at the Combine.

I was under the impression he never started behind Griese because they were both in the same Grad Class and they favored Brian. But to my ignorance I never followed Michigan Football that close, so thanks for correcting my initial point.

May 4th, 2017, 12:59 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

And don't forget that Barry Sr sat behind Thurman Thomas and was unknown for the most part until after Thomas was drafted.

May 4th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

I ve followed Barry Jr. He couldnt crack the lineup at Oklahoma State. That was pretty disappointing. The head coach Mike Gundy was Barry Sanders teammate as starting QB when they were at Ok State. I have to think Gundy gave him a fair shot. I m not opposed to giving a kid a flyer but I dont think Barry Jr has much of a chance.

May 6th, 2017, 11:30 am
Martha Firestone Ford

The Legend wrote:
I ve followed Barry Jr. He couldnt crack the lineup at Oklahoma State. That was pretty disappointing. The head coach Mike Gundy was Barry Sanders teammate as starting QB when they were at Ok State. I have to think Gundy gave him a fair shot. I m not opposed to giving a kid a flyer but I dont think Barry Jr has much of a chance.

I don't think anyone is saying he has much of a chance. It is more for the novelty of it.

May 6th, 2017, 2:08 pm
Varsity Captain

Mufasa wrote:

Dude Tom Brady went 20-5 for Michigan and won both of his bowl games vs. Ark and bama in 1998 and 1999. Had multiple comeback wins, beat Ohio. Didn't you know that?

August 19th, 2017, 4:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]