View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2018, 7:04 pm



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Barry Sanders Jr 
Author Message
Red Shirt Freshman
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 486
Post Barry Sanders Jr
Should Lions throw this kid a bone as a UDFA. We're in need of running back looks and he's available on the street. He can't be all bad, he got a full scholarship to Stanford a credible D1 school and transferred to another one. In the kids defense, he did sit behind a top 10 1st Round Draft choice in McCaffrey and unfortunately went to a Oklahoma St team already established at the position. Always remember Tom Brady sat behind Brian Griese and never stepped on the Michigan field during his tenured. He was drafted 6 Rd but easily could have been undrafted having only High School tape pretty much... So would it kill the Lions to throw our HOF Son who probably have a chip on his shoulders a bone and see what we get. Thoughts??

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


May 4th, 2017, 12:47 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 10060
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Barry Sanders Jr
Mufasa wrote:
Should Lions throw this kid a bone as a UDFA. We're in need of running back looks and he's available on the street. He can't be all bad, he got a full scholarship to Stanford a credible D1 school and transferred to another one. In the kids defense, he did sit behind a top 10 1st Round Draft choice in McCaffrey and unfortunately went to a Oklahoma St team already established at the position. Always remember Tom Brady sat behind Brian Griese and never stepped on the Michigan field during his tenured. He was drafted 6 Rd but easily could have been undrafted having only High School tape pretty much... So would it kill the Lions to throw our HOF Son who probably have a chip on his shoulders a bone and see what we get. Thoughts??


I don't mind throwing Jr a bone. As for Brady, he started every game his last two seasons at Michigan so let's not revise history saying he had no tape - although Drew Henson also got quite a few snaps. Brady was just an OK QB at Michigan and he looked horrible for the most part at the Combine.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


May 4th, 2017, 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 486
Post Re: Barry Sanders Jr
Pablo wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Should Lions throw this kid a bone as a UDFA. We're in need of running back looks and he's available on the street. He can't be all bad, he got a full scholarship to Stanford a credible D1 school and transferred to another one. In the kids defense, he did sit behind a top 10 1st Round Draft choice in McCaffrey and unfortunately went to a Oklahoma St team already established at the position. Always remember Tom Brady sat behind Brian Griese and never stepped on the Michigan field during his tenured. He was drafted 6 Rd but easily could have been undrafted having only High School tape pretty much... So would it kill the Lions to throw our HOF Son who probably have a chip on his shoulders a bone and see what we get. Thoughts??


I don't mind throwing Jr a bone. As for Brady, he started every game his last two seasons at Michigan so let's not revise history saying he had no tape - although Drew Henson also got quite a few snaps. Brady was just an OK QB at Michigan and he looked horrible for the most part at the Combine.



I was under the impression he never started behind Griese because they were both in the same Grad Class and they favored Brian. But to my ignorance I never followed Michigan Football that close, so thanks for correcting my initial point.

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


May 4th, 2017, 12:59 pm
Profile
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9065
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Barry Sanders Jr
And don't forget that Barry Sr sat behind Thurman Thomas and was unknown for the most part until after Thomas was drafted.


May 4th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Profile
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 5070
Location: WSU
Post Re: Barry Sanders Jr
I ve followed Barry Jr. He couldnt crack the lineup at Oklahoma State. That was pretty disappointing. The head coach Mike Gundy was Barry Sanders teammate as starting QB when they were at Ok State. I have to think Gundy gave him a fair shot. I m not opposed to giving a kid a flyer but I dont think Barry Jr has much of a chance.


May 6th, 2017, 11:30 am
Profile
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9065
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Barry Sanders Jr
The Legend wrote:
I ve followed Barry Jr. He couldnt crack the lineup at Oklahoma State. That was pretty disappointing. The head coach Mike Gundy was Barry Sanders teammate as starting QB when they were at Ok State. I have to think Gundy gave him a fair shot. I m not opposed to giving a kid a flyer but I dont think Barry Jr has much of a chance.


I don't think anyone is saying he has much of a chance. It is more for the novelty of it.


May 6th, 2017, 2:08 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: September 17th, 2006, 10:50 pm
Posts: 305
Post Re: Barry Sanders Jr
Mufasa wrote:
Should Lions throw this kid a bone as a UDFA. We're in need of running back looks and he's available on the street. He can't be all bad, he got a full scholarship to Stanford a credible D1 school and transferred to another one. In the kids defense, he did sit behind a top 10 1st Round Draft choice in McCaffrey and unfortunately went to a Oklahoma St team already established at the position. Always remember Tom Brady sat behind Brian Griese and never stepped on the Michigan field during his tenured. He was drafted 6 Rd but easily could have been undrafted having only High School tape pretty much... So would it kill the Lions to throw our HOF Son who probably have a chip on his shoulders a bone and see what we get. Thoughts??


Dude Tom Brady went 20-5 for Michigan and won both of his bowl games vs. Ark and bama in 1998 and 1999. Had multiple comeback wins, beat Ohio. Didn't you know that?

_________________
been watching our lions get worked by the nfl for 40 years


August 19th, 2017, 4:10 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.