View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 10th, 2017, 8:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Jake Ruddock. 
William Clay Ford Sr.

Post Jake Ruddock.
According to Ian Rappaport, teams are inquiring about Jake.

August 27th, 2017, 3:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Jake Ruddock.
I'm curious as to who is inquiring and why. Rudock has looked like a fine back up, but he doesn't look like a guy that will win you games. He has a look of a game manager and will need a complete team around him with a strong run game. Who ever the teams are that are asking, I would say no to a trade. I just don't see anything being offered worth excepting. No one is going to be giving away a starting quality DE for him, maybe if they could land a good LG it could be worth it.

August 27th, 2017, 7:50 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
According to Ian Rappaport, teams are inquiring about Jake.

I say take it. If Stafford goes down the season is done, if you can get anything 5th round and up go for it. (Lions took him with a 6th round pick). The Patriots way... That said, I'd be very surprised if the Lions do get a decent offer for him.

August 28th, 2017, 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Offense

Right now, if Staff went down, we could be confident in Rudock keeping things afloat. There's tremendous value in that. I would only send him away for a bonafide pass rusher.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

August 30th, 2017, 7:15 am
William Clay Ford Sr.

The way I see it, if other teams want him this year, they will want him next year, maybe, even more. At that time, Kaiya(SP?) should be ready to be the back up. Then, if someone gives us a 3rd or higher, great!!!

August 30th, 2017, 9:26 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
The way I see it, if other teams want him this year, they will want him next year, maybe, even more. At that time, Kaiya(SP?) should be ready to be the back up. Then, if someone gives us a 3rd or higher, great!!!

You are WAY overvaluing how other teams are looking at him talking 3rd round. The only way his stock goes way up is if Staff goes down and he plays lights out for a good few games.

That said, there are some very desperate teams out there - the Bills and Jets in particular. Buffalo would be a good trade partner given their pass rushing resources. Taylor and Yates both had recent concussions as well.

Kaaya didn't play well in college and he hasn't looked all that good with Detroit. He is a practice squad player at best.

If the Lions do trade Rudock, how do you feel about QB2 on this team? The Lions could then be forced to address this concern.

August 30th, 2017, 10:05 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
I'm curious as to who is inquiring and why. Rudock has looked like a fine back up, but he doesn't look like a guy that will win you games. He has a look of a game manager and will need a complete team around him with a strong run game. Who ever the teams are that are asking, I would say no to a trade. I just don't see anything being offered worth excepting. No one is going to be giving away a starting quality DE for him, maybe if they could land a good LG it could be worth it.

That what they said about Alex smith for years. Dude still has a starting gig

September 10th, 2017, 10:23 pm
RIP Killer

I'd love to see them swing a trade for Richardson. That'd be perfect

September 10th, 2017, 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]