View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 11th, 2017, 5:32 am



Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions at Cardinals 
Author Message
#1 Overall Pick

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1468
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Lions at Cardinals
It looked to me like the hit was delivered within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, and before the ball got thrown, so I didn't think it was a flag.

Agreed that it was pretty unlucky, as far as interceptions go. I wasn't mentioning it to criticise Stafford, more to make the point that the first half had the feel of special teams and offense shooting themselves in the foot, with the defense (to my surprise, at least) keeping us in it.


September 11th, 2017, 11:24 am
Profile
Megatron
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12534
Post Re: Lions at Cardinals
njroar wrote:
Stafford's first pass wasn't as disastrous as it looked. Tate was held up so was surprised it wasn't flagged, but then Tate gave up after the interception. He could easily have caught Bethea but he half assed it. That effort pissed me off. Stafford didn't give up on the play.
It wasn't flagged because it was legal; the D player hit him within 5 yards of LOS.

_________________
Quote:
Detroit vs. Everybody
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 11th, 2017, 12:14 pm
Profile
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 3241
Post Re: Lions at Cardinals
TheRealWags wrote:
njroar wrote:
Stafford's first pass wasn't as disastrous as it looked. Tate was held up so was surprised it wasn't flagged, but then Tate gave up after the interception. He could easily have caught Bethea but he half assed it. That effort pissed me off. Stafford didn't give up on the play.
It wasn't flagged because it was legal; the D player hit him within 5 yards of LOS.


5 yards is limit for pass interference, not defensive holding. He wrapped his arms around him. I agree the contact aspect of it is legal.


September 11th, 2017, 1:18 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 10003
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Lions at Cardinals
Well done Lions. Gotta say watching some other games there is a lot of poor QB play in the league right now so its nice to have a guy who can shake off his first pass (pick-6) and have a 4-TD day for another 4th quarter comeback which he is killing the rest of the league in the last 5 years. Guess that stat is easier when you are already behind.

From what I saw Carson Palmer looks like he is about to turn 38 (which he is). Nice start by our rookie WR in his debut, preseason hype continuing...

Go Lions!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


September 11th, 2017, 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10930
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Lions at Cardinals
Cards not only lost, but lost their LT and one the the leagues best RBs. Johnson is possibly out for put to 12 weeks if he has the wrist surgery.

Tough break, but if that's the case, Palmer is in for one hell of a rough season.

_________________
_____
Draft defense - CB, LB, DT, LB...WR/KR
Image


September 11th, 2017, 10:48 pm
Profile
Megatron
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12534
Post Re: Lions at Cardinals
njroar wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
njroar wrote:
Stafford's first pass wasn't as disastrous as it looked. Tate was held up so was surprised it wasn't flagged, but then Tate gave up after the interception. He could easily have caught Bethea but he half assed it. That effort pissed me off. Stafford didn't give up on the play.
It wasn't flagged because it was legal; the D player hit him within 5 yards of LOS.


5 yards is limit for pass interference, not defensive holding. He wrapped his arms around him. I agree the contact aspect of it is legal.
Doesn't appear to have been any holding:
Quote:
The Stafford interception with ex-lion Josh Bynes holding Golden Tate looked like pass interference. Explain rules on why no flag

— Woodsy (@radatzd1) September 11, 2017
Justin Rogers wrote:
It's a great question. Here's what you need to know about the play. A defender can make continuous physical contact with a receiver who is in front of him up to five yards from the line of scrimmage, as long as the ball hasn't left the quarterback's hands. Although it was a delayed jam, Bynes struck Tate hard, with two hands to the chest, well inside of five yards and before Matthew Stafford released the pass.

Tate spun around, giving the illusion that Bynes might have grabbed him and held on, but it was simply the force and angle of the blow that led to the loss of balance. It was an outstanding defensive play by the former Lions linebacker and something Stafford needs to be aware of when his receivers are running shallow crossing routes in the future.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports ... 105507772/

_________________
Quote:
Detroit vs. Everybody
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 14th, 2017, 11:47 am
Profile
Team President - Rod Wood

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 4971
Location: WSU
Post Re: Lions at Cardinals
rao wrote:
njroar wrote:
Stafford's first pass wasn't as disastrous as it looked. Tate was held up so was surprised it wasn't flagged, but then Tate gave up after the interception. He could easily have caught Bethea but he half assed it. That effort pissed me off. Stafford didn't give up on the play.


Gotta agree with all this. Tate got slammed completely off his route by the second Card player coming across the middle. I really like Tate, but he needs to better check his emotions. He's bi polar out there, the good plays have him jumping for joy, but one negative or neutral play and he's got his head down looking depressed until the next big play.


agree tate is definitely a primadonna type


September 14th, 2017, 11:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.