View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 25th, 2018, 11:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bob Quinn - Looks like an actual GM 
3rd Round Selection

Post Bob Quinn - Looks like an actual GM
People said the Lions tried everything to win and nothing worked. I said they have never hired a qualified GM or hired a Super Bowl winning coach. So far having a qualified GM looks like the team is finally headed in the right direction. I see draft picks (not just the high ones) panning out. As well as free agents who are contributing.

Anything thoughts on how Quinn is doing so far???

September 19th, 2017, 9:58 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

Post Re: Bob Quinn - Looks like an actual GM
I like how every GM says they'll build in the trenches but Quinn actually seems to be doing that (on the O-line at least). Would like to see him pay more attention to the d-line, but so far so good.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

September 20th, 2017, 11:36 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

The death of WCF was the best thing to happen to Lions fans. Who would've thought hiring qualified people to do their job would work out?

September 20th, 2017, 4:00 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Evaluating him is an interesting question. He seems to be right that the team needed depth and he s done it with safe, wise solid draft picks. No risks, no boom or bust type of players. However I dont know how someone looks at this team and gives Quinn all the credit? The teams best players have Mayhew s fingerprints all over them - Stafford, Ansah, Slay, Tate, Quinn not to mention the coaching staff. At some point he s going to need to find some stars of his own. Maybe he has one with Decker or potentially Golladay.

September 21st, 2017, 9:32 pm
Water Boy

While I like Quinn so far I would expect him to make a trade for a WR like Fitzgerald so that the offense has a dependable 3rd down target for Stafford. Our Offense has no consistency and they miss Boldin quite a bit this year. The Line is a mess on both sides of the ball. As it sits the Lions are waiting for Stafford to win a whole lot of games playing with a far inferior team around him!

October 26th, 2017, 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]