View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 19th, 2018, 8:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Atlanta @ Detroit. 
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Atlanta @ Detroit.
9 penalties, ridiculous. 71 yds. rushing, so still no run game. As I have said before, Ebron is a liability. 7 targets, 2 receptions, for a whopping 9 yds. Why even throw him the ball? Why is he even on the team? Why can't BQ see that he's a bum?

September 24th, 2017, 7:48 pm
Junior Varsity

The overturn td hurts, but at least we know this team can roll with the big boys

September 24th, 2017, 7:51 pm
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:
9 penalties, ridiculous. 71 yds. rushing, so still no run game. As I have said before, Ebron is a liability. 7 targets, 2 receptions, for a whopping 9 yds. Why even throw him the ball? Why is he even on the team? Why can't BQ see that he's a bum?

And some of those penalties were comple dogsh!t

September 24th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Did anyone else notice that on our final drive, no less than 3 times Atlanta had a defensive lineman lined up in the neutral zone? Not 1 flag for it.

September 24th, 2017, 11:34 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

liontrax wrote:

I bet Kareem Hunt would made a bigger difference for us today, if we had drafted him instead of mr. 2nd round pick CB that has yet to be on the active roster.

September 24th, 2017, 11:37 pm
Varsity Captain

I was very impressed with the secondary. 3 picks on a guy the quality of Matt Ryan is impressive. I'm not in love with the D-Line though. I think it's a liability and Atlanta exposed us in the first half. Very impressive adjustments at halftime to slow their running game down.
The Tate call just hurt, though I think it was the right call.
Ebron, ugh...
Hard to take a moral victory, but we almost(and some say should) beat the Super Bowl runner ups. When is the last time the Lions we able to say that? My expectations definitely went up. Let's see how they respond next week.

September 25th, 2017, 9:41 am
NFL Team Captain

BillySims wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I bet Kareem Hunt would made a bigger difference for us today, if we had drafted him instead of mr. 2nd round pick CB that has yet to be on the active roster.

We could have taken Hunt in the 3rd if they kept the pick (traded back with NE). Hunt was selected right after that by KC moving up. Obviously Lions were happy with the backs they have, no RB's selected in 2017. Maybe the run game will come as the O-line jells, and we get Decker back. It's still too early to know how good this team can be. I always wait till we're 8 games in to a season to decide if we're for real.

September 25th, 2017, 10:14 am
National Champion

millam21 wrote:
The overturn td hurts, but at least we know this team can roll with the big boys

I agree! I am very bummed about the bad call, and I agree the refs screwed us...again, but that fact that we were in the game and had a chance at the end speaks volumes about this team. There were years were a game against a team like Atlanta wouldn't even be close.

And, yes, Ebron is a bum.

September 25th, 2017, 10:45 am
Rookie Player of the Year

liontrax wrote:
BillySims wrote:
liontrax wrote:

We could have taken Hunt in the 3rd if they kept the pick (traded back with NE). Hunt was selected right after that by KC moving up. Obviously Lions were happy with the backs they have, no RB's selected in 2017. Maybe the run game will come as the O-line jells, and we get Decker back. It's still too early to know how good this team can be. I always wait till we're 8 games in to a season to decide if we're for real.

A healthy Decker alone probably wins the Lions the game. Stafford was constantly pressured from his blind side. Robinson was barely getting hands on his assignment, if he wasn't so big his guy would have been completely free on most of the plays.

September 25th, 2017, 10:54 am
Red Shirt Freshman

What are we suppose to do as Lion Fans to get a fair shake in this league. Screw the NFL, I'm boycotting for unjust fairness towards the Lions. This has been going on for years in multiple calls. From the Cajun Calls in the Saints playoff game to the uncalled P.I. In the Dallas Playoff game to the Phantom face mask on Aaron Rodgers that gave him a opportunity to throw a Hail Mary to yesterday's terrible non-TD call. All awhile I watch Tom Brady convince refs to pick up flags and get calls to go his way. Seem like Chris Hogan's diving TD to break the Enzone look more like a knee drag than Tate's. I watched both Brady and Atlanta get away with Pick plays last week and Green Bay got called 3 times which were all within 1 yard for there's in the same game with Atlanta. Even Brandin Cooks dropped the ball similar to Calvin's call against the Bears years ago as a last play yesterday to give Pat's the win, even though ball squeaked out as he hit the ground, that same exact play happen to a Giants WR and wasn't called a TD. I'm just curious what makes the plays or players any different from other NFL players. They're the ones who's been scrutinized for cheating, shouldn't the microscope be magnified on them for questionable calls more so than teams who just trying to win in this league. It's pretty one sided and we're always getting the short end of the stick. An all our plays are fair and legal, we're not even asking for a favorable call just a fair call.

September 25th, 2017, 1:26 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

rao wrote:
liontrax wrote:
BillySims wrote:
liontrax wrote:

A healthy Decker alone probably wins the Lions the game. Stafford was constantly pressured from his blind side. Robinson was barely getting hands on his assignment, if he wasn't so big his guy would have been completely free on most of the plays.

IMO the LG Kerin was a much bigger issue than Robinson. He was really bad all game long (not that Robinson was even average). Im just puzzled at why the Lions went with him to play this game. Brandon Thomas was a guy the Lions traded for and spent over a year grooming and coaching up for a position. He made the initial 53 man roster with a strong camp after they traded Tomlinson to make room for him. I dont see why they re going with the newer player Kerin in this situation.

September 26th, 2017, 10:18 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
liontrax wrote:
BillySims wrote:
liontrax wrote:

IMO the LG Kerin was a much bigger issue than Robinson. He was really bad all game long (not that Robinson was even average). Im just puzzled at why the Lions went with him to play this game. Brandon Thomas was a guy the Lions traded for and spent over a year grooming and coaching up for a position. He made the initial 53 man roster with a strong camp after they traded Tomlinson to make room for him. I dont see why they re going with the newer player Kerin in this situation.

I can't disagree about Kerin. He was not good at all, but Glasgow has been poor at LG after a year next to Decker where he looked at least average. I have to wonder if Robinson's poor play is making things much harder for these LGs. I'm also puzzled a bit about why Thomas didn't get the start. I have to assume he must have been purely working on the right in practice before Dahl went down. Kerin is a former center, so that may also have something to do with it. This is just a thought, but maybe the Lions C and LG have similar assignments and movements giving a hybrid OG/OC more practice opportunities.

September 27th, 2017, 11:45 am
Red Shirt Freshman

NBC Sports - ProFootballTalk: Al Riveron says Golden Tate ruling was correct, ignores Lions’ legitimate complaint http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... complaint/

September 27th, 2017, 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3