View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 2:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Panthers @ Detroit 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Panthers @ Detroit
This is pathetic. I've seen better OLs in high school football. 5 f?cking sacks again this week.

Stafford hasn't had a qb rating over 82 in 3 straight weeks. Comparatively, Colin Kaepernick has 1 game in the last 10 with a rating under 84. Stafford has to start earning that $$$ or there's going to be a revolt by the fans (and possibly other players). You can't be worse than replacement level and be the highest paid player in the game.

October 8th, 2017, 3:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

conversion02 wrote:
This is pathetic. I've seen better OLs in high school football. 5 f?cking sacks again this week.

Stafford hasn't had a qb rating over 82 in 3 straight weeks. Comparatively, Colin Kaepernick has 1 game in the last 10 with a rating under 84. Stafford has to start earning that $$$ or there's going to be a revolt by the fans (and possibly other players). You can't be worse than replacement level and be the highest paid player in the game.

Ebron and Robinson on the same side is just asking the other team to murder Stafford

October 8th, 2017, 3:45 pm
Team President - Rod Wood

rao wrote:
Davis hasn't looked good in coverage all season, but he is the only LB that can plug a gap or penetrate. They need to just keep using an extra safety to cover the TE. Wilson and Killabrew have their own issues in coverage , but it's still better than the LBs.

davis is consistently the last defender on the entire defense to even move. he s been pancaked several times this game and does not use any moves to get off a block. the panthers were fooling him badly early in the game and alternatively pummelled him several times with runs right at him where he seemed clueless what was happening. it was almost like he looked instinctive on the misdirections where he was entirely wrong but then the plays at him he s lost. even when he s gotten into the backfield he s struggled to finish his tackles. he did get penetration a few times shooting gaps and got a couple TFLs but there were 2 others 1 of which where Austin called a run blitz that put him right into the play and he missed the tackle anyway. ill give him credit he s looking better in the 2nd half and he was out a couple weeks but he was a big part of the defense getting rolled early

in coverage he seems good when they ve assigned him to a RB like McCaffrey in man coverage but the zone concepts werent working all around this game. now in the 2nd half, carolina s also been less predictable and more simple play designs and davis has eaten that up so it could be development time before he learns how to handle what they were doing early

October 8th, 2017, 4:01 pm
RIP Killer

Well, slay just let Benjamin get about 3 yards on him for a first down. Game over.

October 8th, 2017, 4:09 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

Well this weekend turned out to be a big old case of explosive diarrhea!!!

October 8th, 2017, 4:12 pm
3rd Round Selection

The Lions are just not there yet. There are still some glaring holes they need to have filled. Like they don't have a reliable down the field threat or linebacker that excels in coverage. I stil they they are a 8-8 give or take a couple wins either way this year.

October 8th, 2017, 6:53 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

And Green Bay won to make this weekend a total crapburger.

October 8th, 2017, 8:43 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

Any word yet on how bad Staffords foot injury is? And also, I would like to know why in the hell our offense is incapable of playing more than 15 minutes each game? They had a good first 6 minutes and a good last 9 minutes. But, everything in between was garbage. Will they ever play a complete game? If not, we need to trade every last one of them and start over.

October 8th, 2017, 10:18 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Leo wrote:
The Lions are just not there yet. There are still some glaring holes they need to have filled. Like they don't have a reliable down the field threat or linebacker that excels in coverage. I stil they they are a 8-8 give or take a couple wins either way this year.

Their down field threat has unfortunately been out with a hamstring injury. Getting Golladay back should help, but it feels like Robinson is just getting worse and it leaves no wiggle room for Stafford and the receivers.

October 8th, 2017, 10:38 pm
NFL Team Captain

rao wrote:
Leo wrote:

Their down field threat has unfortunately been out with a hamstring injury. Getting Golladay back should help, but it feels like Robinson is just getting worse and it leaves no wiggle room for Stafford and the receivers.

The next 2 games look winnable, especially if we get Decker back after the break. Even if we're 4-4 at the halfway point, the backside of the schedule looks more favorable.

No wonder the Rams let Robinson go for a low draft pick. If he has a future in this league I don't believe its at Tackle. Maybe they should keep Fells next to him till Decker returns, having Ebron there is no help at all.

October 9th, 2017, 8:23 am
NFL Team Captain

rao wrote:
Davis hasn't looked good in coverage all season, but he is the only LB that can plug a gap or penetrate. They need to just keep using an extra safety to cover the TE. Wilson and Killabrew have their own issues in coverage , but it's still better than the LBs.

I believe Davis should be shown a little patience in his pass defense development. How many rookies excel in that area? His presence in run defense does make a difference. The Vikings ran for like 85 yards against us last week, but lost Cook to injury early in the 3rd quarter. The week before, the Falcons rushed for 150. Yesterday Carolina rushed for just 28 yards.

October 9th, 2017, 9:06 am
William Clay Ford Sr.

Just a thought. If Eric "Crisco Hands" Ebron catches the TD on our 1st drive so we don't have to settle for a FG, we would have tied the game with our last TD!

October 9th, 2017, 9:58 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Any word yet on how bad Staffords foot injury is? And also, I would like to know why in the hell our offense is incapable of playing more than 15 minutes each game? They had a good first 6 minutes and a good last 9 minutes. But, everything in between was garbage. Will they ever play a complete game? If not, we need to trade every last one of them and start over.

It's been that way all of stafford's career....

October 9th, 2017, 6:04 pm
Varsity Captain

conversion02 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

It's been that way all of stafford's career....

I noticed that Stafford was tossing the rock High again, like he did a couple of years back. I thought he was past that with the slight change in mechanics that was made. The leg/foot injury may have played into that.

Frok.

October 10th, 2017, 11:25 pm
Team President - Rod Wood

liontrax wrote:
rao wrote:

I believe Davis should be shown a little patience in his pass defense development. How many rookies excel in that area? His presence in run defense does make a difference. The Vikings ran for like 85 yards against us last week, but lost Cook to injury early in the 3rd quarter. The week before, the Falcons rushed for 150. Yesterday Carolina rushed for just 28 yards.

davis was part of the problem though against carolina, he was biting hard on all there playaction and misdirection stuff that the lions were getting burned on in the first half and is struggling to finish his tackles. it wasnt until later in the game when they were in kill clock mode and running simple lead plays that he made his mark. i would also disagree with rao and argue that if u look at it per snap both safeties, whitehead and diggs are better downhill players vs the run and better more sure handed tacklers than davis. davis is getting stats bc he s the man in the middle and he has the most opportunity.

October 11th, 2017, 11:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2