View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2018, 11:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 We desperately need a good RB. 
Player of the Year - Offense

Post Re: We desperately need a good RB.
Personally going to wait for Decker to get back before I sound the alarm.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

October 12th, 2017, 2:51 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

jrd66 wrote:
Some of BQ picks seem to be turning out nicely for sure. Your comment about next offseason was exactly where he was last spring. It was in his hands, but he outsmarted himself and screwed it up.

This offense would be a different animal with Hunt or Foreman sharing time with Abdullah.

The Lions have a 'hot mix' on defense this year. That might not be the case next year. Every year is different, even though we want to think all problems solved this year will stay that way. The opportunity to do what you said was here and now gone. It may not present itself again.

i have to say i agree with that, i have no idea why he didnt go after a runner or a passrush and i do view that as a mistake. i dont think davis was a prospect they just couldnt pass up and i believe that you can get a guy like him in the middle rounds most years...i wouldve liked to see takk mckinley there or trade for barnett (and if you go linebacker you take foster) but quinn didnt feel the urgency to do that yet maybe he just doesnt value RBs and passrushers like everyone else does or he has eyes on some players in the next draft class or free agency.

October 14th, 2017, 1:06 pm
RIP Killer

The title of this thread is "We desperately need a good RB" but we have a "good" RB. Problem is he is running behind a poor run blocking OL. Because of that you need an exceptional RB to have a "good" run game. Cowboys have Zeke, they were pretty good with DeMarco Murry before him. As for the Chiefs with Hunt, KC has been pretty good with whomever they had running the ball before him.

Since the turn of the century the Lions have not been able to run the ball consistently despite spending first day picks on RBs. The Lions need a better scheme and run blocking OL to get there.

With all that said, the Lions are build for Stafford and the passing game so don't expect much change there...

October 14th, 2017, 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Atlanta just cut Brian Hill there 5th Round pick out of Wyoming bc of depth issues at WR. He would be a good complement to the Lions stable of RBs. I wonder how much the Lions value Tion Green, Hill could be an upgrade over Green or Washington.

October 15th, 2017, 8:49 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Pablo wrote:
The title of this thread is "We desperately need a good RB" but we have a "good" RB. Problem is he is running behind a poor run blocking OL. Because of that you need an exceptional RB to have a "good" run game. Cowboys have Zeke, they were pretty good with DeMarco Murry before him. As for the Chiefs with Hunt, KC has been pretty good with whomever they had running the ball before him.

Since the turn of the century the Lions have not been able to run the ball consistently despite spending first day picks on RBs. The Lions need a better scheme and run blocking OL to get there.

With all that said, the Lions are build for Stafford and the passing game so don't expect much change there...

The only guy they took with those picks that had a chance to be a 3 down player was Mikel LeShoure who unfortunately tore his Achilles his first week and was never the same. Im not sure the obsession with taking 3rd down backs and trying to force them into bigger roles - Best, Bush, Riddick, Abdullah - I agree thats getting very old. The Lions were more effective when they had 3 down versatile runners in the mix like Joique Bell and to some degree Kevin Smith. (The OL now is arguably better than then and at least projects to be considerably better when Decker is back) Why they havent gone after a runner like that w maybe better measurables is beyond me.

October 15th, 2017, 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2