View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 18th, 2018, 4:55 am



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Novel idea here. 
Author Message
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9083
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Novel idea here.
QUIT LETTING SCHUSTER - SMITH GET OPEN!!!!!


October 29th, 2017, 11:10 pm
Profile
Junior Varsity

Joined: October 30th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Posts: 184
Post Re: Novel idea here.
Or try amything other than runnimg the ball on 3rd and goals


October 29th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1634
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post Re: Novel idea here.
Our backs don't know how to follow the blocking. We were lucky not to get blown out. Steelers receivers were WIDE OPEN and QB couldn't make the throws. On the positive side, we stayed close to a team that is much better than we are. Better, O-line, RB, Defense, and WAY better coaching.


October 29th, 2017, 11:50 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 10064
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Novel idea here.
Lions try to run at the goal line when they simply can't run multiple times on multiple drives. Can't find a way to get into the end zone.

Packers lose Rodgers and the Lions keep losing - unbelievable. Hey Vikings, here you go please take the North!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 30th, 2017, 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 5082
Location: WSU
Post Re: Novel idea here.
liontrax wrote:
Our backs don't know how to follow the blocking. We were lucky not to get blown out. Steelers receivers were WIDE OPEN and QB couldn't make the throws. On the positive side, we stayed close to a team that is much better than we are. Better, O-line, RB, Defense, and WAY better coaching.


Our backs are probably one of the bottom 5 collections in the league. Dwayne Washington is absolutely useless in his current role. Converted WRs have a tough enough time as it is but usually you would turn them into a speed back with some pass catch skills not into a power runner. He has special size, speed but not much power. This isnt developing his vision either, he s just running straight forward. To me, he s a guy that should either be cut or his role completely redefined. Washington shouldnt be taking snaps away from Theo Riddick who IMO is the Lions best RB. Though not as quick as Abdullah he s shifty, crafty, seems to understand situation football better than any of the others and always finds a way to fall forward even though its not without power. He was a major part of so many comeback wins - why is he losing snaps to Abdullah on 3rd downs let alone Washington. Abdullah has some moves but really is just a largely ineffective player, he likes to bounce it outside way too much and just doesnt have the speed to do so but doesnt have much choice bc he doesnt have power or ball control to use an off arm for extra yardage. Zenner is probably the closest thing to a 3 down back but not a starter talent level and doesnt have the power to be a goalline exclusive player. Tion Green might carry the power runner profile better than Washington, he might be the next man up in that rotation. Matt Asiata was cut in camp but he mightve scored 2 TDs for the Lions in this past game. If you have a niche role carved out for a power runner - then get a power runner. Dont cut your fullback, what they ve done there is nonsense. Alex Collins has been cut all around the league and I d argue he s far more talented than any runner the Lions have.

Would better blocking help? Sure it would but this group isnt very good and Quinn gets blame for mostly ignoring it the past 2 years.


Last edited by The Legend on November 4th, 2017, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.



October 30th, 2017, 7:09 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10992
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Novel idea here.
Quinn did address the line in 3 places.

_________________
_____
Draft defense - CB, LB, DT, LB...WR/KR
Image


November 2nd, 2017, 4:11 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1634
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post Re: Novel idea here.
The Legend wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Our backs don't know how to follow the blocking. We were lucky not to get blown out. Steelers receivers were WIDE OPEN and QB couldn't make the throws. On the positive side, we stayed close to a team that is much better than we are. Better, O-line, RB, Defense, and WAY better coaching.


Our backs are probably one of the bottom 5 collections in the league. Dwayne Washington is absolutely useless in his current role. Converted WRs have a tough enough time as it is but usually you would turn them into a speed back with some pass catch skills not into a power runner. He has special size, speed but not much power. This isnt developing his vision either, he s just running straight forward. To me, he s a guy that should either be cut or his role completely redefined. Washington shouldnt be taking snaps away from Theo Riddick who IMO is the Lions best RB. Though not as quick as Abdullah he s shifty, crafty, seems to understand situation football better than any of the others and always finds a way to fall forward even though its not without power. He was a major part of so many comeback wins - why is he losing snaps to Abdullah on 3rd downs let alone Washington. Abdullah has some moves but really is just a largely ineffective player, he likes to bounce it outside way too much and just doesnt have the speed to do so but doesnt have much choice bc he doesnt have power or ball control to use an off arm for extra yardage. Zenner is probably the closest thing to a 3 down back but not a starter talent level and doesnt have the power to be a goalline exclusive player. Tion Green might carry the power runner profile better than Washington, he might be the next man up in that rotation. Matt Asiata was cut in camp but he mightve scored 2 TDs for the Lions in this past game. If you have a niche role carved out for a power runner - then get a power runner. Dont cut your fullback, what they ve done there is nonsense. Alex Collins has been cut all around the league and I d argue he s far more talented than any runner the Lions have.

Would better blocking help? Sure it would but this group isnt very good and Quinn gets blame for mostly ignoring it the past 2 years.



" Theo Riddick who IMO is the Lions best RB "
Have to agree, and I believe AA has lost a step. RB should be high on our draft wish list next spring.


November 2nd, 2017, 6:04 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Linden, MI
Post Re: Novel idea here.
conversion02 wrote:
Quinn did address the line in 3 places.

A fine job at that. He let two solid player walk for contracts he wouldn't pay (they are still good players) and replaced them with older, maybe cheaper versions with high price tags themselves. he totally forgot new this line that can't run block. I was at the Pitt game. Washington was stuffed running over the right side every time.

Results matter

_________________
OK. Schwartz is fired, the fans are happy, now what?


November 2nd, 2017, 11:38 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Linden, MI
Post Re: Novel idea here.
The Legend wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Our backs don't know how to follow the blocking. We were lucky not to get blown out. Steelers receivers were WIDE OPEN and QB couldn't make the throws. On the positive side, we stayed close to a team that is much better than we are. Better, O-line, RB, Defense, and WAY better coaching.


Our backs are probably one of the bottom 5 collections in the league. Dwayne Washington is absolutely useless in his current role. Converted WRs have a tough enough time as it is but usually you would turn them into a speed back with some pass catch skills not into a power runner. He has special size, speed but not much power. This isnt developing his vision either, he s just running straight forward. To me, he s a guy that should either be cut or his role completely redefined. Washington shouldnt be taking snaps away from Theo Riddick who IMO is the Lions best RB. Though not as quick as Abdullah he s shifty, crafty, seems to understand situation football better than any of the others and always finds a way to fall forward even though its not without power. He was a major part of so many comeback wins - why is he losing snaps to Abdullah on 3rd downs let alone Washington. Abdullah has some moves but really is just a largely ineffective player, he likes to bounce it outside way too much and just doesnt have the speed to do so but doesnt have much choice bc he doesnt have power or ball control to use an off arm for extra yardage. Zenner is probably the closest thing to a 3 down back but not a starter talent level and doesnt have the power to be a goalline exclusive player. Tion Green might carry the power runner profile better than Washington, he might be the next man up in that rotation. Matt Asiata was cut in camp but he mightve scored 2 TDs for the Lions in this past game. If you have a niche role carved out for a power runner - then get a power runner. Dont cut your fullback, what they ve done there is nonsense. Alex Collins has been cut all around the league and I d argue he s far more talented than any runner the Lions have.

Would better blocking help? Sure it would but this group isnt very good and Quinn gets blame for mostly ignoring it the past 2 years.



This. A few times. Where else does Ameer have a starting gig? I think nowhere.

_________________
OK. Schwartz is fired, the fans are happy, now what?


November 2nd, 2017, 11:46 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10992
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Novel idea here.
jrd66 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Quinn did address the line in 3 places.

A fine job at that. He let two solid player walk for contracts he wouldn't pay (they are still good players) and replaced them with older, maybe cheaper versions with high price tags themselves. he totally forgot new this line that can't run block. I was at the Pitt game. Washington was stuffed running over the right side every time.

Results matter


You're saying reiff was better than Wagner for the price? Lol

_________________
_____
Draft defense - CB, LB, DT, LB...WR/KR
Image


November 3rd, 2017, 10:46 pm
Profile
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 5082
Location: WSU
Post Re: Novel idea here.
conversion02 wrote:
jrd66 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
Quinn did address the line in 3 places.

A fine job at that. He let two solid player walk for contracts he wouldn't pay (they are still good players) and replaced them with older, maybe cheaper versions with high price tags themselves. he totally forgot new this line that can't run block. I was at the Pitt game. Washington was stuffed running over the right side every time.

Results matter


You're saying reiff was better than Wagner for the price? Lol



Case Keenum is far better protected than Stafford. The nice thing about Reiff is that he has versatility that Wagner doesnt have. Who s better? I think Reiff is better overall but Wagner is better as a RT. It may be unfair to examine it this way right now bc the Decker injury has played a major role in this and the Lions have next to nothing at LT. I would say both Wagner and Lang have been less than advertised, both playing somewhat inconsistently and being penalized too often.

All that said, I think the Lions schedule is softening up quite a bit and with a few adjustments they could really get on a role in the 2nd half of the season. Every game is winnable, Rodgers isnt in a rush to come back and Minnesota hits the harder part of there schedule. The Lions if they get back into there early season form defensively, combined with using Stafford as a downfield thrower as he was against Pittsburgh, and Cooter redrawing the red zone packages should equal meaningful football down the stretch if not a playoff berth. Division win gets you a home game, its still possible - just look at the schedule.


November 4th, 2017, 7:42 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.