View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2017, 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Browns week. 
William Clay Ford Sr.

Post Browns week.
Go figure. Mr. Smokeaspliff is back from suspension just in time to play us.

November 7th, 2017, 7:34 pm
Junior Varsity

Post Re: Browns week.
Hes not eligible to play until december pretty sure, hes just participating with the team.

November 7th, 2017, 8:40 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

millam21 wrote:
Hes not eligible to play until december pretty sure, hes just participating with the team.

I read late November...but yeah, he won't be active against us. I do hope he is sincere about his recovery, but I question how good he will be when he gets back. He's been out of football a loooooooooong time.

November 8th, 2017, 5:05 pm
RIP Killer

This game is a f'ing embarrassment

November 12th, 2017, 4:03 pm
RIP Killer

The run D is so bad that they could actually give up 3 100 yard runners in a singe game. Pretty sure that's never been done in the NFL

November 12th, 2017, 4:05 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

1 question.

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME???

November 12th, 2017, 4:09 pm
Junior Varsity

You are both aware the game ended with a 14 point win?

November 12th, 2017, 5:15 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

millam21 wrote:
You are both aware the game ended with a 14 point win?

Look at more than just the post. Look at the time they were made.

November 12th, 2017, 5:56 pm
RIP Killer

Win or not, they got absolutely destroyed by the run.

The momentum only changed when Kizer went down. I'm not convinced they would have won had Kizer not gotten hurt

November 12th, 2017, 7:53 pm
Team President - Rod Wood

conversion02 wrote:

The momentum only changed when Kizer went down. I'm not convinced they would have won had Kizer not gotten hurt

Jarrad Davis has been a really really really disappointing player to me. He looks the part and from all accounts has the work ethic but he has a bad combination of poor instincts, slow reaction time and a lack of moves to get away from blocks. There were several times that he actually looked like he was the one who engaged the approaching blocker and then did little or nothing to disengage. Not to mention the lack of discipline in coverage or the inability to finish tackles. Really not looking like a good pick at the moment. It would help if the Lions had more than one stalwart up front.

November 13th, 2017, 1:41 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Jarrad Davis has been a really really really disappointing player to me. He looks the part and from all accounts has the work ethic but he has a bad combination of poor instincts, slow reaction time and a lack of moves to get away from blocks. There were several times that he actually looked like he was the one who engaged the approaching blocker and then did little or nothing to disengage. Not to mention the lack of discipline in coverage or the inability to finish tackles. Really not looking like a good pick at the moment. It would help if the Lions had more than one stalwart up front.

I think he has been fine in everything except coverage. He's also the guy wired to Austin getting the defense set, he's got a lot of responsibility for a rookie. He has moments of good play and also makes mental mistakes, but that's par for the course for most rookie LBs in the middle. There was a notable difference when Davis was injured, he makes the defense better.

November 13th, 2017, 1:49 pm

rao wrote:
The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I think he has been fine in everything except coverage. He's also the guy wired to Austin getting the defense set, he's got a lot of responsibility for a rookie. He has moments of good play and also makes mental mistakes, but that's par for the course for most rookie LBs in the middle. There was a notable difference when Davis was injured, he makes the defense better.

Cant agree. You must be talking about how they had a victory pulled away from them by the league office against the defending NFC champs and then a road victory against the NFC North leaders when he was out and then had an awful 3 game losing streak when he came back?

The only game where Davis looked like anything resembling a 1st rd pick was the 2nd half of the Carolina game when Carolina became predictable protecting a lead in the 2nd half. They embarassed Davis with misdirections in the first half of that game and Cleveland was doing it to him again in this game. He might also be the only LB in the NFL who willfully engages the offensive lineman trying to block him. Diggs, Wilson, Quinn and Killebrew are DBs that play run much better than Davis does. Maybin the 4th rounder plays with instincts, suddenness - would like to see some of that from Davis who is more of a late react and chase guy.

November 13th, 2017, 6:59 pm
RIP Killer

I'm not saying he looked good by any means, but he hasn't been horrible. Average for a rookie IMO. He has really, really struggled in coverage. Makes me long for the days of when Deandre Levy was healthy.

Davis, for some reason, struggles the most when blocked by linemen. Once the big men get engaged, he absolutely cannot shake them. One of the worst I've seen in years. This was most evident against Cleveland and a large part of the reason they ran for about 200 yards up the middle. Dude was blocked out of the play 10 yards down the field on every run. He needs a guy like Brian Urlacher to come in and work with him in the offseason to learn how to disengage blockers.

November 13th, 2017, 10:45 pm
National Champion

IMO JD has been absolutely average so far. Ziggy being out clearly affected the run defense because he silently sets the edge and plays the run soundly almost every week.

November 14th, 2017, 1:20 pm

conversion02 wrote:
I'm not saying he looked good by any means, but he hasn't been horrible. Average for a rookie IMO. He has really, really struggled in coverage. Makes me long for the days of when Deandre Levy was healthy.

Davis, for some reason, struggles the most when blocked by linemen. Once the big men get engaged, he absolutely cannot shake them. One of the worst I've seen in years. This was most evident against Cleveland and a large part of the reason they ran for about 200 yards up the middle. Dude was blocked out of the play 10 yards down the field on every run. He needs a guy like Brian Urlacher to come in and work with him in the offseason to learn how to disengage blockers.

cleveland game was his worst performance but some major issues with his game, hoping to see him step it up

November 15th, 2017, 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]