View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bears week. 
William Clay Ford Sr.

Post Bears week.
Have the Lions got off the plane yet?

November 19th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Junior Varsity

Post Re: Bears week.
Defense seems to be getting worse by the week, and they still sewm to be over performing by getting those opportunistic touchdowns. Doubt we get them against the better teams. But i like the bears finding ways to lose almost as much as lions wins

November 19th, 2017, 6:06 pm
Junior Varsity

Also, power backs and qbs with any kind of mobility seem to eat us up

November 19th, 2017, 6:07 pm
Team President - Rod Wood

That was a trap game for the Lions and they escaped. The Bears strengths matched up perfectly with the Lions weaknesses. Throw in home field and the elements and the Lions are happy to walk away from that one. Big game coming up against the surging Vikings, pretty unlikely the Vikings give the game away like they did earlier in the year.

November 19th, 2017, 9:37 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

Was at the game--it's amazing how your perception changes when you're in the stadium (at home I probably would have been throwing things at my tv). Once Hayden had the fumble return TD, it felt to me (and the Lions fans around me) that the game was in hand. Props to the Bears though for playing tough until the end of the game.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

November 20th, 2017, 8:02 am
RIP Killer

Props to Connor Barf, he's the real MVP

November 21st, 2017, 12:02 am
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

conversion02 wrote:

And now available for leaf raking and snow shoveling. He was fired as of Tuesday.

People are acting like the bears game should have been an easy game. Divisional games are never easy, no matter how bad either team may be. Also the Bears are very underrated. They are 3 errors away from a winning record. The drop in the end zone to win the game against Atlanta, the 3 drops on the final drive against the steelers, and now the missed field goal.

Here is my take on the game...protection is much better with decker back. Staff had time against a very good front 7. This is now 2 games where our run D disappeared, this needs to be addressed quickly as Minny runs the ball 30-40 times a game.we need to stop spotting our opponents 10 points at the beginning of games. Neither of the last 2 weeks would have been close if we didn't give away points.

I like where the boys are at. I expected a 2-6 start with no playoff chance. But if we can pull off a win on turkey day, I think we can take the division. If we do that and score a home game for playoffs....maybe we finally break our playoff loss streak.

November 22nd, 2017, 4:12 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

regularjoe12 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

And now available for leaf raking and snow shoveling. He was fired as of Tuesday.

People are acting like the bears game should have been an easy game. Divisional games are never easy, no matter how bad either team may be. Also the Bears are very underrated. They are 3 errors away from a winning record. The drop in the end zone to win the game against Atlanta, the 3 drops on the final drive against the steelers, and now the missed field goal.

Here is my take on the game...protection is much better with decker back. Staff had time against a very good front 7. This is now 2 games where our run D disappeared, this needs to be addressed quickly as Minny runs the ball 30-40 times a game.we need to stop spotting our opponents 10 points at the beginning of games. Neither of the last 2 weeks would have been close if we didn't give away points.

I like where the boys are at. I expected a 2-6 start with no playoff chance. But if we can pull off a win on turkey day, I think we can take the division. If we do that and score a home game for playoffs....maybe we finally break our playoff loss streak.

They dropped Thornton right after the Bears game and just moved up Ringo from the PS, but I doubt they can do much to fix the run D at this point. Losing Ngata and Ansah has destroyed the Dline. Maybe when Ansah gets back on the field they will see an improvement setting the edge, but the interior is missing a real gap eater. I'm starting to worry about Robinson and Spence since they are being forced to play a lot more snaps with no good options to build a good rotation.

November 22nd, 2017, 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]