View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 20th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Thanksgiving 2017 roster review 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Thanksgiving 2017 roster review
BillySims wrote:
On the bright side, we will finally be completely rid of Suh’s contract, as well as Megatron’s deal.

So, we should have quite a bit of cash to lure a few younger free agents here.

I believe at one point the Lions were projected to have the most available cap space for 2018. Hopefully this will be Quinn's spending year, so they can finally have talent on both sides of the ball.

December 4th, 2017, 9:23 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

BillySims wrote:
On the bright side, we will finally be completely rid of Suh’s contract, as well as Megatron’s deal.

Yeah, we'll finally have enough to sign Suh when he's cut by the Dolphins. :lol:

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

December 5th, 2017, 7:34 am
NFL Team Captain

rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I believe at one point the Lions were projected to have the most available cap space for 2018. Hopefully this will be Quinn's spending year, so they can finally have talent on both sides of the ball.

Looking at potential FA's on spotrac.com it looks like slim pickings this year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

December 5th, 2017, 7:45 pm

liontrax wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Looking at potential FA's on spotrac.com it looks like slim pickings this year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

When I say spending year I'm thinking going after 1 or 2 of the top guys not so much signing a lot of players. DT has some options this off-season.

December 5th, 2017, 8:35 pm
Team President - Rod Wood

rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I would agree, I hope he s done pissing seasons into the wind. Caldwell is a buffoon of a coach on gameday but Quinn is the reason they dont have enough on the roster to compete.

December 8th, 2017, 10:17 pm

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I would agree, I hope he s done pissing seasons into the wind. Caldwell is a buffoon of a coach on gameday but Quinn is the reason they dont have enough on the roster to compete.

I'm going to continue to give Quinn the benefit of the doubt for next season, but this is in my eyes the time for him to put up or f-off. The cap space was destroyed when he got to Detroit and this season was better, but still a little tight with Staff and others looking at extensions. The cap is as good as you could ever get now and they have the few Mayhew guys that were worth keeping locked up. No more fixing past mistakes, this new year has to be the impact year starting with a new coach.

December 9th, 2017, 11:05 am

Anyone else noticed that the Lions have replaced Tavon Wilson at SS with Quandre Diggs rather than giving Killebrew a chance. Killebrew has had a meh year, apparently they dont view him as starter material. I just wonder how they foresee the secondary next year. Tabor doesnt appear to be ready to start full time at corner, Agnew s seen the field more on offense than defense and Wilson, Lawson and Hayden are all entering free agency with all 3 seeming to have played well enough to get starter money.

December 10th, 2017, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

Lawson get starter money? Come on now.

Killibrew has been decent, but I've liked him better as a LB when he's been in. As a safety, meh. Wilson allows Quinn much more room to roam in the run game. It's really shown since Wilson got hurt.

Also, tabor must be absolutely awful to not even dress. Such a bad pick. A 2nd rounder should be top quality depth or even starting by this point. What a bad pick. Time will tell though. Lawson was bad his first 2 years, as was Diggs....but neither were close to a 2nd round pick. Reminds me of Stanley Wilson.

December 10th, 2017, 3:51 pm

conversion02 wrote:

Killibrew has been decent, but I've liked him better as a LB when he's been in. As a safety, meh. Wilson allows Quinn much more room to roam in the run game. It's really shown since Wilson got hurt.

Also, tabor must be absolutely awful to not even dress. Such a bad pick. A 2nd rounder should be top quality depth or even starting by this point. What a bad pick. Time will tell though. Lawson was bad his first 2 years, as was Diggs....but neither were close to a 2nd round pick. Reminds me of Stanley Wilson.

Tabor has been playing the last couple of weeks in certain packages. Held his own on Evans in the red zone this week. Lawson has held up as a starter on a team with no pass rush for 2+ seasons now. Gives up some penalties and some receptions but not really big plays. I personally think the Lions should keep him bc he gets it done but without the flash that would net him a premium contract. Hayden seems to do better than Lawson in certain matchups but as a former first rounder might end up being more expensive depending on how other teams view him. Diggs pretty much hit the ground running as a 6th round rookie and gave up a lot of receptions last year but he s been a very good player for the Lions most of the time they ve had him. I like Wilson too but shoulder injuries in big hitters like him might end up affecting his play more than we think. I just think it seems to be easier/cheaper to develop/find a strong safety than it is to find good corners. Wondering if the Lions think its a long term move or more of just what they need to now bc of slim margin to try to make a playoff. Diggs did kick some booty today vs Tampa as the SS so maybe he s just a bigger playmaker there? I agree, Killebrew really seemed to be at his best as more of a nickel LB, he seems lost when that ball is in the air deep down the field and I dont think that bodes well for him right now.

December 10th, 2017, 8:34 pm
NFL Team Captain

The Legend wrote:
rao wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Quinn should be afforded a little latitude in building HIS roster. He's had 2 drafts. Mayhew had 7, and is directly responsible for the talent deficiency.

December 10th, 2017, 10:59 pm

The Legend wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Tabor has been playing the last couple of weeks in certain packages. Held his own on Evans in the red zone this week. Lawson has held up as a starter on a team with no pass rush for 2+ seasons now. Gives up some penalties and some receptions but not really big plays. I personally think the Lions should keep him bc he gets it done but without the flash that would net him a premium contract. Hayden seems to do better than Lawson in certain matchups but as a former first rounder might end up being more expensive depending on how other teams view him. Diggs pretty much hit the ground running as a 6th round rookie and gave up a lot of receptions last year but he s been a very good player for the Lions most of the time they ve had him. I like Wilson too but shoulder injuries in big hitters like him might end up affecting his play more than we think. I just think it seems to be easier/cheaper to develop/find a strong safety than it is to find good corners. Wondering if the Lions think its a long term move or more of just what they need to now bc of slim margin to try to make a playoff. Diggs did kick some booty today vs Tampa as the SS so maybe he s just a bigger playmaker there? I agree, Killebrew really seemed to be at his best as more of a nickel LB, he seems lost when that ball is in the air deep down the field and I dont think that bodes well for him right now.

We may be seeing the plans for next season with these players. Killabrew could get a full transition to linebacker, so maybe they are moving him out of the safety rotation. Diggs looked good at SS and by moving him it makes room for Tabor as the Nickle CB where deep speed isn't as big an issue. Tabor was on the field more than Hayden against the Buccs, so I don't they would look to Hayden as a replacement if Lawson is to costly. I hope the Lions can keep Lawson, but I also think he's going to get an inflated offer by some team since everyone is always desperate for corners.

December 11th, 2017, 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3