View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 24th, 2018, 12:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Our Running Game. 
Red Shirt Freshman

Post Our Running Game.
Have we all seen enough? We are what Cleveland Browns is too QB’s, except it’s RB’s. We haven’t had a franchise RB since Barry Sanders and Cleveland a Franchise QB since Bernie Kosar. We’ve passed on Franchise RB’s for lesser talented players, Cleveland has passed on Franchise QB’s for lesser talented players. We’ve fooled ourselves into believing RB’s come a dime-a-dozen and could get away with less talented scattbacks with mixing and matching. Cleveland has fooled themselves into believing they could mix and match less talented QB’s. When are we gonna get a high draft big back who can run between the tackles and someone to lean on for milking the clock. I think every back drafted this pass year has shown more upside to make any fan or coach excited about his future and we who needed a running back more than Saints, KC, Houston, Cincy, and Vikings drafted one and we did nothing. But convince ourselves that “Small Hands Abdullah” and “3rd Down Back Riddick” could change our running fortune because we improved the line. Which running backs should we be targeting this year at our draft position and do we go 1st or 2nd Round to get him. I would love Saquon Barkley, but wouldn’t be mad with drafting Bryce Love.

December 7th, 2017, 10:33 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Re: Our Running Game.
We have no shot at getting Barkley. He will be gone in the top 5 picks.

So, I am looking at Guice from LSU right now. I spoke with some LSU fans at a truck stop in Grand Forks, ND of all places just a few days ago. I asked them what they think of Guice’s NFL possibilities. They told me they think Guice is a better RB than Fornett.

Not saying he is my pick yet. I am still early in my searches yet. But, Guice is my early front runner.

December 8th, 2017, 5:02 am
Red Shirt Freshman

BillySims wrote:
We have no shot at getting Barkley. He will be gone in the top 5 picks.

So, I am looking at Guice from LSU right now. I spoke with some LSU fans at a truck stop in Grand Forks, ND of all places just a few days ago. I asked them what they think of Guice’s NFL possibilities. They told me they think Guice is a better RB than Fornett.

Not saying he is my pick yet. I am still early in my searches yet. But, Guice is my early front runner.

Yea, i’m aware we wouldn’t get Barkley unless we gave up a King’s ransom to move up or maybe a video come out the day before draft day of him smoking weed thru a gas mask or him slapping a girl in public. But it was wishful thinking, that’s why I was eyeing “Bryce Love”, but I wouldn’t be mad at “Guice” either.

December 9th, 2017, 4:16 pm
RIP Killer

SB Nation has Guice to the Lions in their Mock

17. Detroit Lions - Derrius Guice, RB, LSU

There’s plenty of directions Detroit could take here. Obviously a defensive tackle or edge rusher will be considered, and if Ohio State center Billy Price lands in the first round this could be a destination. But Guice would finally give the Lions a legit lead running back.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft ... ants-49ers

December 10th, 2017, 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I don't want no more juice.

December 10th, 2017, 3:45 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

conversion02 wrote:
I don't want no more juice.

Let’s look pass OJ’s off field issues and look at him as a talent. If Guice could even stiff OJ’s shoes as a RB talent, we would be set up with a Franchise RB for the next 5-10 years.

December 11th, 2017, 5:34 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Well, the win just moved us out of range for drafting Guice, pronounced Gise. Not Juice. He will be gone in the first 12-15 picks unless workout warriors leapfrog him and/or he has bad workouts.

December 11th, 2017, 6:30 pm
RIP Killer

I know, it was a joke.

:roll: :roll:

December 11th, 2017, 8:03 pm
NFL Team Captain

From what I've been reading online, the 2018 draft is reputed to be rich in RB's. I would think that bodes well for us to get at least one in the first three rounds.

December 11th, 2017, 11:42 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

liontrax wrote:
From what I've been reading online, the 2018 draft is reputed to be rich in RB's. I would think that bodes well for us to get at least one in the first three rounds.

Said everyone LAST year.

December 13th, 2017, 1:11 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I'm waiting to see how the RBs test and where they are projected to go closer to the draft, but the guys I want are Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, and Rashaad Perry.

I prefer Chubb because a lot of his highlights I've seen show him find openings not just running through big holes. Seems to have great vision and patience with decent speed and ability to break tackles. He's had two years since his nasty knee injury, which shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Freeman could be a David Johnson depending on how he tests. He looks huge, fast, and agile. Great production.

Perry does everything. He can run, catch, pass protect, and kick/punt return. He can get past you with a move or power. Shouldn't cost an early draft pick.

December 13th, 2017, 12:24 pm
NFL Team Captain

rao wrote:
I'm waiting to see how the RBs test and where they are projected to go closer to the draft, but the guys I want are Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, and Rashaad Perry.

I prefer Chubb because a lot of his highlights I've seen show him find openings not just running through big holes. Seems to have great vision and patience with decent speed and ability to break tackles. He's had two years since his nasty knee injury, which shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Freeman could be a David Johnson depending on how he tests. He looks huge, fast, and agile. Great production.

Perry does everything. He can run, catch, pass protect, and kick/punt return. He can get past you with a move or power. Shouldn't cost an early draft pick.

If your referring to Rashaad Penny from San Diego State, I'd have to agree he's worth a hard look. His highlight reel is impressive, and he's accepted a Senior Bowl invite, so that will be an opportunity to see him prior to draft.

December 13th, 2017, 7:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

liontrax wrote:
rao wrote:

If your referring to Rashaad Penny from San Diego State, I'd have to agree he's worth a hard look. His highlight reel is impressive, and he's accepted a Senior Bowl invite, so that will be an opportunity to see him prior to draft.

Whoops, I do mean Penny. Have friends with the last name Perry lol.

December 13th, 2017, 8:57 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

rao wrote:

I think at this point, we’re so RB deficit... It’s in our best interest to do what the Redskins did in the RG3 Draft. Draft a RB early and go back reinvest in another RB in Mid to Early late rounds. This would be where we pick up Rashad Penny and use them both, while cutting the fat of our other useless backs except Riddick. Convert into a slot WR/RB role like Montegomery.

December 14th, 2017, 6:20 pm
NFL Team Captain

Mufasa wrote:
rao wrote:

I think at this point, we’re so RB deficit... It’s in our best interest to do what the Redskins did in the RG3 Draft. Draft a RB early and go back reinvest in another RB in Mid to Early late rounds. This would be where we pick up Rashad Penny and use them both, while cutting the fat of our other useless backs except Riddick. Convert into a slot WR/RB role like Montegomery.

I'd agree, but we've only six picks, and priorities in the D-line should eat a couple of the early (rnds 1-4) picks. Think it would have to be a UFA for an additional back.

December 14th, 2017, 10:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next