View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently January 24th, 2019, 3:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 We actually made a Trade 
Team MVP

Post We actually made a Trade
2019 5th rounder for All-Pro DT Damon Harrison from the Giants. Should help bit on run defense. PFF gives him a 91.6 against the run (4th highest) and 89.9 overall. So we got the Giants highest rated defensive player for a 5th rounder...

October 24th, 2018, 11:46 am
Junior Varsity

Post Re: We actually made a Trade
For the first time in a while, it feels like we are actually trying to win, not just be good enough

October 24th, 2018, 12:26 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Best part is he's locked up for 2 more years at a moderate price. If he continues his level of play in Detroit they will have their "Vince Wilfork" and the defense should make a nice improvement if this keeps the opposing interior run games in check.

October 24th, 2018, 12:37 pm
#1 Overall Pick

A trade!

That didn’t involve the Pats!

That looks like a good player for a good price!

Credit where it’s due: impresses with Quinn for this one.

October 24th, 2018, 3:09 pm
NFL Team Captain

Good get BQ! =D>

October 24th, 2018, 3:11 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Our run defense just got a lot better.

October 24th, 2018, 3:15 pm
Water Boy

Anybody have a feeling on other possibilities

October 25th, 2018, 1:07 am
NFL Team Captain

I was, and still am hoping for a CB. Although I'm not willing to part with a high pick to acquire one.

October 25th, 2018, 10:30 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

The Lions needed a run stuffer and they couldnt have done better than Harrison. The Giants were mostly just happy to unload his salary but still let the Lions off easy only getting up a mid/late rd pick back. Surprised it wasnt a conditional deal that could get marked up to a 3rd or 4th depending on how Harrison does. Even though Harrison's contract probably barely fits under this seasons cap its a pretty reasonable deal for the quality of player that he is, Lions probably would have had to pay more and more years if they waited for free agency. Looks like a great trade by Quinn trying to turn a weakness into a strength. Even in wins against the Patriots, Packers and Dolphins it looked like those teams would have had more success if they stuck to running with Sony Michel, Aaron Jones and Kenyan Drake (instead of favoring Gore) at a higher frequency.

The flip side of it is they cut Sylvester Williams who s $3.5m deal for the year was guaranteed. I didnt think Williams was bad, he looked average but was phased out the last few weeks. The Lions are getting versatility with Hand and Francois but I think it would make more sense to cut a cheaper player from another position group just in case there are depth issues later, having steady veteran depth on the DL vs rostering street FA CBs. I dont understand that part of it but kudos to Quinn for admitting his Williams deal wasnt good enough and going for the upgrade. It will be interesting to see if they have enough cap space for this season to make any other moves, TE, DE/OLB, CB?

October 27th, 2018, 8:38 am
Rookie Player of the Year

The Legend wrote:
The Lions needed a run stuffer and they couldnt have done better than Harrison. The Giants were mostly just happy to unload his salary but still let the Lions off easy only getting up a mid/late rd pick back. Surprised it wasnt a conditional deal that could get marked up to a 3rd or 4th depending on how Harrison does. Even though Harrison's contract probably barely fits under this seasons cap its a pretty reasonable deal for the quality of player that he is, Lions probably would have had to pay more and more years if they waited for free agency. Looks like a great trade by Quinn trying to turn a weakness into a strength. Even in wins against the Patriots, Packers and Dolphins it looked like those teams would have had more success if they stuck to running with Sony Michel, Aaron Jones and Kenyan Drake (instead of favoring Gore) at a higher frequency.

The flip side of it is they cut Sylvester Williams who s $3.5m deal for the year was guaranteed. I didnt think Williams was bad, he looked average but was phased out the last few weeks. The Lions are getting versatility with Hand and Francois but I think it would make more sense to cut a cheaper player from another position group just in case there are depth issues later, having steady veteran depth on the DL vs rostering street FA CBs. I dont understand that part of it but kudos to Quinn for admitting his Williams deal wasnt good enough and going for the upgrade. It will be interesting to see if they have enough cap space for this season to make any other moves, TE, DE/OLB, CB?

I believe they only have a couple million left after getting Harrison, so probably not in the market anymore. I doubt they even have any way to make any kind of significant space without restructuring deals which would trash the future cap. They have a good enough roster to have a shot at beating anyone. It's just down to the players and coaches to make things work the rest of the season.

October 27th, 2018, 4:58 pm
League MVP

Not helping our D today. Know its just his first game but our run D still sucks out there.

October 28th, 2018, 2:42 pm
RIP Killer

It was noticeably better with snacks in the game than without him.

October 29th, 2018, 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]