View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2018, 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Interesting Draft Grades.. 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Interesting Draft Grades..
I know this topic is little past its prime but I found what I thought to be very interesting Grades @

www.thefootballgenius.com/05draftgrades ... rades.html

Lions............. A minus
Green Bay,,,,,, B minus
Minnesota.......c plus
CHicago ..........c plus

actually the Lions had the highest grade out of any team on there site.. I think they liked Mike WIlliams

June 19th, 2005, 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

Mike is a great player and the teams above the Lions will regret what they did.

that is the quote from TFG.... WOW, lil melodramatic... but I will say Chicago and Minny may live to regret on passing on BMW

June 19th, 2005, 10:20 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Joe Marciano

I am starting to think you might be right. MN obviously may be particularly remorseful.

June 19th, 2005, 11:38 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Anyone who liked Mike Williams gave the Lions a high grade.

I really don't think many people understood the Lions receiving situation, which I touched on as a possible draft selecion ahead of time.

Az-Hakim was as good as gone. They could essentially release him, and draft a receiver at the #10 spot, without too much hurt in the cap.

Charles Rogers has played 4 games in 2 years. He is still essentially a rookie. Whatever you can get out of him now is great, but it's hard to pencil him in as a starter.

The same could be said for Kevin Johnson. He could be a solid #2 receiver, but it's hard to count on it.

So you essentially have a couple #3 receivers, and a true #1 in Roy. You need a #2 man, a big touchdown machine. Your redzone offense was terrible last season, and you don't have anyone you can got to in the clutch.

That's what BMW gives you. A redzone target who draws people away from Roy. Rogers and Johnson aren't going to draw mismatches at this point in their careers. But Mike is a mismatch.

When it came down to the Lions pick, they concluded that it wasn't the defense that was the problem last year. It WAS the offense. So they needed to fix that, and did so by taking the best offensive player. That was BMW. And he has a chip on his shoulder.

Derrick Johnson was incredibly overrated by many draft experts. Some had him going 3rd overall. Som thought he was the best player in the draft. He was the 4th OLB selected in the draft, behind 3 tweeners (DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, and Thomas Davis). We didn't have a spot for him, our linebackers are the best area of our team.

Williams was the correct decision, and only a few websites have enough knowledge to recognize it.

June 19th, 2005, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

Rogers and Johnson aren't going to draw mismatches at this point in their careers.

I understand that with the 2 consecutive injuries to Roger's collarbone there are some definate questions about his durability. But to say that at this point in his carreer he woun't draw any mismatches is to assume that he no longer can be a threat. If, and I agree it is an if, he is truly healed this time he is still a very young, very talented receiver who I belive may quite possibly be the best receiver on our roster. He was tearing it up the first 5 games of his rookie season before the first break and with them surgically repairing the break last season I expect him to start right where he left off. I really can't wait to see us in our 3 and 4 WR sets this year it really ought to be an amazing thing to watch!!!

June 19th, 2005, 7:22 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I tend to agree that rogers will be one of the best in the league... He has never hurt his ankles or knees.. He is fresh and bigger than ever, and I expect people to underestimate his ability.....at first! the thing that sux is that we wont know how dominating this group will be til they get out there... Im ready for some football!

June 19th, 2005, 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]