View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Kevin Jones out for Atlanta's game and possibly more... 
QB Coach

Post Kevin Jones out for Atlanta's game and possibly more...
http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/109636626191780.xml

Quote:
Jones may miss several games with high ankle sprain
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
By Tom Kowalski

ALLEN PARK -- Rookie running back Kevin Jones, who sustained a high ankle sprain in the Detroit Lions' 30-13 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday, could miss the next two or three games.

"We're not going to have Kevin for a little bit. It's a mild high ankle sprain," said Lions head coach Steve Mariucci. "He's had it before, in high school one time and college one time, and we think he'll be out two to four weeks."

The Lions are going into their bye week and will play at Atlanta on Oct. 10; Jones has already been ruled out of that game.

"High ankle sprains are different in length (of recovery)," Mariucci said. "Some are three weeks and some are 12. He's had this before and he said it feels like it did before and he was only out a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it's a lot like that."

Elsewhere on the injury front, it's not certain cornerback Dre Bly (knee), who missed the last two games, will be back for the Atlanta game, according to Mariucci.

"Dre Bly is going to need a couple of more weeks to get himself ready. We're hopeful for the Atlanta game with Dre," Mariucci said.

Center Dominic Raiola underwent a minor heart procedure Monday, but he isn't expected to miss any games. Raiola had the same surgery that was performed on quarterback Joey Harrington during his rookie season.

Raiola and the Lions have known about his condition for some time and it was decided to have it performed during the bye week.

Linebacker James Davis aggravated his sprained ankle and will not practice this week. Cornerback Andre Goodman, who missed the last two games with a leg muscle strain, will also be sidelined this week in practice.

Cornerback Rod Babers (broken left clavicle) is expected to be placed on the injured reserve list and will be lost for the season. The Lions are likely to replace him on the roster with a running back, possibly free agent Stephen Trejo, a former Lion who was recently released by the St. Louis Rams.

September 28th, 2004, 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

He had ankle problems at Va Tech. High sprain is hard to come back from it could be 2 weeks or 6 weeks you never know with that type of sprain

September 29th, 2004, 8:19 am
Site Admin

I suppose we will get to see what Pinner can do :?

September 29th, 2004, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I like Pinner's running style vs. Jones' running style. Kevin has that tendency to try and kick it outside every time, and the O-Line hasn't really opened any holes for him all season. They need a big boost.

September 30th, 2004, 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]