View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 2:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Mora rips 49ers 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Mora rips 49ers
http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/109714383696750.xml

Awsome read

Quote:
I'm not going to badmouth the 49ers, but Steve didn't deserve what happened to him. And neither did the families that were involved. And what's so wonderful is that, this Sunday, the Steve Mariucci coaching staff from the 49ers' last successful season will be on the field together. And, one way or the other, we're going to be 7-2 together. That's significant -- and that's because of him."

October 8th, 2004, 11:04 am
RIP Killer

Mora was tutored by Mooch so he is a little biased but in this case absolutely correct. Niners loss, Lions gain.

October 8th, 2004, 11:13 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I am definitely in the minority here, but I don't think that our playcalling this year has been good at all. Especially on the defensive side of the ball, Jauron has had an incredibly conservative scheme this year. We are rarely blitzing, especially on the pass. Our 4 man front isn't getting to the QB as much as they need to.

Offensively, I think that the blame falls on Harrington for missing some reads/relying on Roy Williams way too much, but also take into consideration that we aren't going deep. I know that this is a WCO, but in a game which we are down 28 or so points, 5 yard passes aren't good enough. We need to go downfield more, and some of this is Mooch's fault.

Hopefully he can do a better job the rest of the year, I just don't like the calling right now.

October 8th, 2004, 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Offensively, I think that the blame falls on Harrington for missing some reads/relying on Roy Williams way too much, but also take into consideration that we aren't going deep

I dont think Harrington is to blame. Harrington is doing a good job for third year player. I feel that out runnig game is the problem. Teams only need to put 7 in the box to stop the run and more player in convreage. We need to be more productive on first down.

October 8th, 2004, 3:24 pm
QB Coach

I just think that Harrington takes very little chances, never throws the deep ball, and only goes to the hot receiver rather than his other options. That should be fixed and isn't.

As for the running game, who is to blame? Have you seen holes for our runningbacks to go? I haven't all season. Sure, Jones has some flaws in his running (i.e. taking it outside too often, thinking he is faster than he is) but I don't think it's our runningbacks. The O-Line just isn't that good at run blocking, and their pass blocking is less improved from last year.

October 8th, 2004, 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]