View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 10:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 NYG game is the most important of the season 
RIP Killer

Post NYG game is the most important of the season
Looking at the standings this game could play a big role if the Lions hope to make the playoffs this year. Six teams will make it from the NFC, four teams being the division winners who right now look like North = Vikings, East = Eagles, South = Falcons and West = Rams.

Only three other teams have a greater than .500 record:

Lions @ 3-2
Seahawks @ 3-2
Giants @ 4-1

You have to assume that the Seahawks and Rams will both make it from the west which leaves the Lions and Giants fighting it out for the final playoff spot. Whoever wins this game has the tie breaker for the final spot.

More of this is detailed in Rick's article last week titled "The ROAD to the playoffs.

October 20th, 2004, 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

The Lions slim hopes for the playoffs sufffered a setback with their embarrasing loss to the Packers. If they can somehow beat the Giants and the Cowboys, they may regain their momentum.

PS: I listened to most of the Packers game on my drive to Chicago. When I could no longer take it, I started looking for another game to listen to. What do I get?? The Bears and the Redskins. That game was even more brutal than the Lions.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

October 22nd, 2004, 11:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]