View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Lions looking at Dexter Jackson 
RIP Killer

Post Lions looking at Dexter Jackson
From the NFL network, the Lions one of about a dozen teams interested in saftey Dexter Jackson who says he wants to go to a contender. Adam Schefner said Detroit, Minnesota, Green Bay and San Diego head the list.

Jackson was signed by the Cards a few weeks back but released again. Not the best tackler in the world but he is athletic and has good speed. I've heard he needs to take a physical, he has been having problems - I believe with his back.

Brian - you're the resident Cardinals expert - any thoughts?

October 26th, 2004, 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

"contender" That is a word you never hear associated with the Lions. I like it

October 26th, 2004, 10:34 am
All State

i don't think he will be available to play till next season unless he can pass a physical.

October 26th, 2004, 10:34 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Jackson was in Green's dog-house all season. He was never liked by coach Green and a release was indeed expected. Jackson suffered a back injury early in training camp and never played this year. He was a quality safety for the Cardinals and really was one of their best players last season, tallying 89 tackles and 6 interceptions. Him and Wilson was probably the best unknown safety duo in the league.

I wouldn't consider him for this season, but for next. He is injured, and won't be able to play this year, IMO. It's too far into the season to be making changes to the rosters, only to have him sit on the bench. Wait and see what kind of safeties are free agents this season, and if you can get Jackson for a bargain, then take him. But I wouldn't pick him up now, have him sit out, only to have possibly picked up a quality safety in free agency.

We have more of a need at SS than FS, as Marion has played well. Bracy Walker, he needs to go. I think that we pursue a SS in the off-season. Had the Giants realized how poor Walker really is, Shockey could have had a field day.

October 26th, 2004, 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]