View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 GAME DAY THREAD: Jaguars 
RIP Killer

Post GAME DAY THREAD: Jaguars
Post any thoughts about the game here. Great play, bad play - post your thoughts during and after the Lions game against the Jags here.

Quick Hits:

Roy Williams practiced every day this week and Friday he practiced the entire time for the first time in about 5 weeks. This is very encouraging news.

Roy Quotes:

"I went through the whole thing today, you've got to try to get some time with the quarterback, you can't just go out there and practice one day and go out and think it's going to work on Sunday. You've got to practice every day. I think it's going to be a lingering thing. It's a tough deal and I wish it wouldn't have happened, but it did. I just have to play through it. I have to help the team win. It gets better, then something happens in the game and I have to come out for a couple of plays and then it feels good and I'll go back in again. It's not 100 percent, but it's good enough to play."

When the Lions rush for more than 75 yards they are 4-0, when they rush for less than 75 they are 0-4.

Lions receiver Az-Zahir Hakim practiced on a limited basis Friday, his first action of the week. Hakim has an assortment of bumps, bruises, and sprains, including a sore back and sprained right ankle. Head coach Steve Mariucci told the Detroit Free Press that Hakim would be a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Jaguars.

:idea: Image :idea:

November 14th, 2004, 1:39 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Kevin Jones is running very well, which is surprising.

Roy Williams hasn't been used at all, except for about 2 passes.

Harrington is just, awful today. We should bench him.

Going for it on 4th down was the wrong decision at the time, and was the wrong decision looking back on it.

I'm glad I benched Harrington on my fantasy team :D

November 14th, 2004, 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

46 seconds left, Drummond just returned his second for a touchdown - unbelievable... my heart is pounding fellas...

So far an impressive 17 point 4th quarter comeback by the Lions to even up the score.

WOW! Back in a bit - I need to catch my breath.... :D

November 14th, 2004, 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Crushing defeat! And now we are tied with the Bears who won in overtime... Uhhhh!

:oops:

November 14th, 2004, 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

This division is still wide open. A one game difference could seperate last and first place.

We had so many oppurtunities (our offense) to score; Alexander's dropped TD, Hanson's missed field goal, Schlesinger's dropped 4th down attempt (it was a bad pass), and we didn't get it done.

Every week, Joey convinces me that he isn't an NFL QB. The more and more I watch him play, he seems plays scared, makes poor decisions, and has poor accuracy. But there is nothing that is going to be done about it.

The rushing game (especially Jones) really stepped up this week. The blocking was better, but it's still not good.

The only two players on offense that came to play were Kevin Jones and Eddie Drummond.

Hanson isn't the same player he once was, i'm not saying this because of the missed field goal, but something has to be up for us not to kick that field goal on the first drive. We were on the 28, that's around a 46 yarder, something that Jason has nailed throughout his career.

Serious offensive changes have to take place during the offseason. I can't deal with this every week. Even our best offensive weeks (@ NYG, vs WAS) average around 325 yards per game, which is still just average for this league.

November 14th, 2004, 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]