View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 12:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hello Lions Fans 
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Post Hello Lions Fans
Looks like both our teams are in need of a win to get things back on track again. With the Lions only a game out of first place, this should be a tight game again this year. Seems like the Lions play us tough both times every year. While the Vikes may have swept Detroit in the last couple of years, those games have gone to the wire most of the time.

Harrington has seemed to struggle lately, but may get back on track against our very poor pass defense. Teams have been throwing for record numbers against us again this year. I know I would prefer to see Harrington play this week instead of McMahon. That guy always seems to have success against the Vikes for some reason.

I've been picking the Lions to storm back to the top of the division the last two years, but the injuries you guys have had has really dampened you chances. I think we are in worse shape this year for a change, injury wise. Moss is out for another week and Robinson has an ankle problem that is keeping him from being 100%. Still, Nate Burleson has started to step up and make some plays recently.

I'm looking forward to seeing Roy Williams this weekend. I got to watch him play here in the Big 12 and he is one heck of a player. He should victimize our secondary for some points this weekend. I see a slight edge to the Vikes this week due to the running game and home field advantage. Not so much the home field as Detroit has done a good job of winning on the road this year. Special Teams has to go to the Lions. I think Drummond will give our guys nightmares. That and the fact we can't kick the ball past the 30 yard line. :)

Here's to an injury free game and good luck to you guys Sunday.

November 18th, 2004, 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Mike, welcome to the LB board and for such a classy post. Looks like your more positive on the Lions than most Detroit fans. Guess I'll see you on both boards now... :D

"Here's to an injury free game and good luck to you guys Sunday."

Amen to that!

November 18th, 2004, 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Mike, welcome to the LB board and for such a classy post. Looks like your more positive on the Lions than most Detroit fans. Guess I'll see you on both boards now... :D

"Here's to an injury free game and good luck to you guys Sunday."

Amen to that!

I've been positive on the Lions for a couple of years now. They just seem to get hit with some of the worst injuries around. We got a bunch of them this year and we just installed the Field Turf at the Dome. Sometimes I wonder if that new turf is part of the problem for our teams.

November 19th, 2004, 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Hey Viking! Good post fellow divisional rival!
I agree with many of your points. Injuries are a part of the game but when it comes to talking about them every year it gets old quickly. Especially when it involves your key players like Rogers and Roy and KJ and Boss and, well you get my point.

I think Daunte is going to be the man that can really hurt us. His scrambling ability could be our biggest problem. That means we will probably put a spy on him which will open up our defense a lil. And you have that 3 ( or is it 4 now? ) headed monster at runningback as well. Who would of ever predicted you would have that many backs step up and start in one season. I'm sure a lot of credit goes to the O-line and Daunte. Defenses just can't stack up against the run or they will get murdered in the passing game.

I'm hoping for a good game either way. Good Luck and if I had a beer in my hand right now I would do cheers to an injury free game as well!

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

November 19th, 2004, 2:33 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Hey Viking! Good post fellow divisional rival!
I agree with many of your points. Injuries are a part of the game but when it comes to talking about them every year it gets old quickly. Especially when it involves your key players like Rogers and Roy and KJ and Boss and, well you get my point.

Man, I have been wanting to see Boss Bailey play when they come to the Dome, but it just isn't working out. At least I will get to see Williams this year. I really hated to see him go to a division rival, but honestly, you guys go a great WR when you picked him up. He'll be pulling in catches for a long time.

winston93 wrote:
And you have that 3 ( or is it 4 now? ) headed monster at runningback as well. Who would of ever predicted you would have that many backs step up and start in one season. I'm sure a lot of credit goes to the O-line and Daunte. Defenses just can't stack up against the run or they will get murdered in the passing game.

You wouldn't believe the people that thought we should unload one of our runningbacks this year. With the injuries and suspensions, I'm very glad we didn't. We should be getting all of them healthy for a good run in December.

winston93 wrote:
I'm hoping for a good game either way. Good Luck and if I had a beer in my hand right now I would do cheers to an injury free game as well!

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya on the injury free game.

November 19th, 2004, 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

wow KV, you sure do get around don't ya? :wink:

Lions fans, i am just gonna say this once. *drops to knees* PLEASE BEAT THE VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

November 21st, 2004, 1:19 am
Peanut and Beer Salesman

wow KV, you sure do get around don't ya? :wink:

I seem to remember running into you on another board. :D Careful down there in Houston. That place can get real rowdy for home games.

November 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]