View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Drummond, Boss & Holt updates 
RIP Killer

Post Drummond, Boss & Holt updates
Congrats to Eddie Drummond, the no-brainer special teams player of the week.

BOSS UPDATE: (from the Detroit News)

Linebacker Boss Bailey's workout schedule has been accelerated. He had surgery on his left knee in training camp and has not played. He worked out twice Wednesday and is closer to returning, Coach Steve Mariucci said. "At some point, we need to put a helmet and pads on him and bang him around a little bit," Mariucci said. "He's getting closer." It is likely that Bailey's return will be after the Thanksgiving Day game against the Colts.

HOLT UPDATE: (from the Oakland Press)

Holt filled in at strong safety during practice. On Wednesday, he had divided time with Brock Marion at free safety. So whether Walker is able to play Sunday or not, Holt's playing time is certain to increase. "Hopefully, I can try to make a few things happen on defense," Holt said. "Hopefully, Bracy is OK and will be able to play. But if not, I have to be ready if my number's called."

November 19th, 2004, 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

November 19th, 2004, 11:18 am
Peanut and Beer Salesman

They had a good conversation on the radio about our "oldy but moldy" safeties. My question is why hasn't Holt been starting in the first place?
I know he is young, I know that Marion and Walker can be that role model for Holt. But I would still have him in there more often then not. I'm wondering if the coaches are having issues with Holt. Maybe he is too slow? Maybe his knowledge is coming along very slowly? I hope it's none of these and they are just being cautious.

We shall see............

November 19th, 2004, 2:15 pm
QB Coach

Hearing that Holt is going to play, may be the best news of the day.

That secondary badly needs a boost, and is a problem area. I have been wondering why Holt hasn't been given reps yet.

This game is extremely important to our season. It seems as if we are doing whatever it is necessary to win it (play McMike, put in youth, change the offense, etc.)

November 19th, 2004, 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]