View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 9:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Hello all 
Baton Girl

Post Hello all
New poster here who has posted on Lionstalk for a couple yeras but its just out of hand now.... so here I am.

Well it seems that our young Lions are still going through some growing pains. Lack of chemistry and leadership. The questions that come to my mind on this is .... when will the offense start clicking? and when will someone step up and lead this squad?

The team has a lack of vertren leadership in a big way and the vets there seem to just absorb a paycheck or are trying to get paid more? The team needs a Ray Lewis type player to get these guys fired up... hopefully that will be sooner over later. The cohesion part has to do with a lack of the players playing together... KJ was hurt for a few games... Roy is still hurt.... Az is as brittle as they come.... and Swinton and Kircus are not very good as one is a PS member and the other was cut and not picked up by another team.... so once this team gets healthy we will be able to do some dmg.... we have the talent and the skills to succeed and hopefully we will soon.

November 23rd, 2004, 11:15 am
Site Admin

1thing though...you forgot about Tai Streets...be has been a disappointment as well :lol:

November 23rd, 2004, 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

Post Ahh yes...
Tai Streets has failed on every level imo. The guy has always played in Mooch's system and he should flourish with much of the coverages leaning towards Roy and Az.. .the guy should be open all the time if he had half the skill that he seemed to bring to the table.

November 23rd, 2004, 11:29 am
Site Admin

He looks extremely slow and seems to have rock hands IMO

November 23rd, 2004, 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

He looks extremely slow and seems to have rock hands IMO

I hope that he is not re-signed

November 23rd, 2004, 11:47 am
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Hello Mr. K. I too am a "newbie" to this forum.

You brought up points I have recently posted as well. Leadership is lacking on this team. Well, at least it looks like that is the case. Of course you just never really know what is going on in that locker room.

I have been critical on some teamates lately, but maybe it's not the teamates but the whole team. They just don't play good together? Maybe lack that chemistry?

Right now, i see a huge embarrassing loss to the Colts. They will mor ethen likely score 30-40 points on us easily. And I can not see us scoring even 25 points on T-day.

I hope they prove me wrong. But I have no faith..........

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!

November 23rd, 2004, 12:04 pm
Site Admin

lol...then this is the perfect game for the Lions to bite us all in the rectum and whoop on Indy it seems :lol:

November 23rd, 2004, 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

I just wanted to say high also. I'm a member of a couple of other boards and unfortunately they seem to have gotten blocked from my work internet. So my desire to keep me up to date on the lions brings me here. I already like that it is a small group, I think once a board gets too big they get worse and worse. I guess I'll be here till this site gets blocked too. Thanks for having me.

November 23rd, 2004, 12:24 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for being here! Even as it grows here the key is that we have a good foundation of extremely knowledgable posters (me not being one of them :lol: ).

In addition the site itself is an excellent source of Lions information thanks to Pablo and his writers :D

November 23rd, 2004, 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Lets hope we enjoy our meal this turkey day and don't "lose it" while watching the Lions!

HA!

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!

November 23rd, 2004, 2:08 pm
QB Coach

I just wanted to say high also. I'm a member of a couple of other boards and unfortunately they seem to have gotten blocked from my work internet. So my desire to keep me up to date on the lions brings me here. I already like that it is a small group, I think once a board gets too big they get worse and worse. I guess I'll be here till this site gets blocked too. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the boards madmike!

I too like the small group. While it is small, it is knowledgable, as the idiots are kept away at other boards, and there are good discussions here.

November 23rd, 2004, 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Welcome Korrowan and madmike - glad to have you here. The more folks who "feel my pain" the better. We've got some really great guys on this board so I'm sure you will enjoy it.

November 24th, 2004, 1:32 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I'm pretty new also. I also had high hopes for Streets. I would sure like to see him emerge as a go-to guy this year, but I think that is the optimistic side in me. By the same token, I would like to see the lions try to stretch a defense once in a while. There seems to be no reason for any team to respect their passing game simply because the Lions rarely try to go deep. Then again, maybe they do, but Harrington just has no time to try to get it deep.........who knows

November 24th, 2004, 6:26 am
All State

November 24th, 2004, 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]