View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 8:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Hakim 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Hakim
What do you think of Hakim? Would you re-sign him today if his contract were up? Would you sign him to the same deal he has now? I must admit that I am not a real fan of his. I feel that he is too inconsistent, too many drops. The Lions have him through 2006. Would you try to trade him before next year?

November 25th, 2004, 8:22 am
QB Coach

I'd get rid of Hakim. His contract is too expensive for a #3 or #4 receiver, and his injury problems have hurt him as of late. He just isn't effective anymore, and I would like to bring in someone else.

December 1st, 2004, 1:33 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

He has been, when ROY was out, our only decent WR. My preference is to cut and resign Hakim at a much reduced rate. The Lions should not resign Streets and Kircus has to go.

That pretty much leaves ROY and Charles. Given CR's injury history, he is no sure thing. We are going to have to add a number of WRs in the offseason, if we can keep Hakim at a reasonable rate I'd be OK with that.

December 1st, 2004, 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I agree with the Pabs on this one. He has been more consistently average at least than anyone else...we cannot keep Streets cause he has been terrible. If he wants the same or more money he must go. But if you can get him on the cheap I say get him. I am missing Scotty Anderson a bit as well... :?

December 1st, 2004, 10:48 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

It would have to be real cheap for me. I think that they can go out and get someone more consistent than Az for the same reduced rate or less. He hasn't been effective since he left St. Louis. (granted he had Bruce and Holt there). But, he still drops too many "easy" balls for me. I give him all the credit due for the catches that he does make over the middle. Everyone should know that it takes a heck of a receiver to go over the middle even if it's on a skinny post.

For me though, he drops too many balls. I say that, given the fact that they can get someone else with hands at least as good as his for less.

December 1st, 2004, 11:18 am
RIP Killer

Problem solved fellas, just check out the "Around the League" forum... :lol:

December 1st, 2004, 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

December 1st, 2004, 6:01 pm
RIP Killer

notice the :lol: at the end of the message. It was meant as a joke...just like Bills career in Detroit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

December 1st, 2004, 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Fair Weather Fan

This guy is worn out.
I would like to see the Lions try to pursue someone better as a number 3 reciever. But, if they can't find an upgrade I guess I'd take Hakim over Tai Streets.

Last edited by AckmedJones on December 1st, 2004, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 1st, 2004, 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

AAAhhhh.....now I get it. I was scared for a minute there.

December 1st, 2004, 9:21 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

I'd have to agree with the rest of you, either cut his pay or cut him. A year or so ago I rember listning to Tim Brown's (the WR) radio show. When talking about the Lions he mentioned Hakim and asked "Name me a small WR who has thrived playing slot in the WCO." That's not my opinion I just remeber it being said and I thought I'd throw it out there, since we'er talking about Hakim.

I've always hoped Streets would play well for the Lions but obviously he hasn't. They'er looking pretty savy for signing him to just a year.

So does anyone have any thoughts on what to do with the #3 WR spot if Streets & Hakim both leave. FA's mid round draft? I kind of like the idea of them trying to find a dark horse in the draft.

December 2nd, 2004, 5:58 pm
QB Coach

I'd like to see them pick up a free agent, rather than draft yet another receiver. We already have young receivers on our squad, and I hope we can gain more experience at the position. We don't need a #1 or #2 receiver, rather just a quality receiver for depth.

December 3rd, 2004, 12:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'd like to see them pick up a free agent, rather than draft yet another receiver. We already have young receivers on our squad, and I hope we can gain more experience at the position. We don't need a #1 or #2 receiver, rather just a quality receiver for depth.

Sounds reasonable to me. Speaking of Hakim, I heard he practiced again yesterday (Thursday) for the second straight time. He is listed as probable on the injury report (hip) and should finally be ready to go again. That should help the passing game against the Cards.

December 3rd, 2004, 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I asked about Scotty Anderson...is he even in the league...I have to imagine we could pick him up very cheap. He surely wasn't great but I thought he was at least a decent fill in.

December 3rd, 2004, 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Towel Boy

Post Re: Hakim
lionsfanak wrote:
What do you think of Hakim? Would you re-sign him today if his contract were up? Would you sign him to the same deal he has now? I must admit that I am not a real fan of his. I feel that he is too inconsistent, too many drops. The Lions have him through 2006. Would you try to trade him before next year?

see ya! he is overpaid! we have good depth at the receiver position and may very well pick up one in the late, late rounds or through FA!

December 7th, 2004, 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]