View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 GAME DAY THREAD: Packers 
Site Admin

Sry Joey fans I just cannot handle the guy. Drew and Mike did a breakdown of Joeys big game stats and it was not good. He is like 3-20 in anything vs a good team. His completion % was like 50% and you have to take into account most of his passes are 6-9 yarders. I don't blame receivers...every team has receivers that drop passes but it is difficult when our QB is consistently inconsitent on where he puts it. As a receiver I would wonder is it going to my feet...behind me...in front of me blahblahblah. Seriously for all the +s you have to realize he is throwing like 5-10 yards and terribly at that. There were plays yesterday that I was like where in the hell is thowing it???

These guys both played in the same conditions yesterday...

J. Harrington CompAtt-5 Att-22 Yds-47 Pct-22.7 Y/A-2.1 Sack-2 YdsL-12 TD-0 Int-0
B. Favre CompAtt-19 Att-36 Yds-188 Pct-52.8 Y/A-5.2 Sack-1 YdsL-3 TD-1 Int-0

There is a pretty huge difference there and you cannot say..."Joey has no help" when you have a back give you 118 yds in the 1st half. No more excuses...the defence did their job for the most part and I see Joey as the weak link here. I cannot see how you can look at Joeys stat line and defend him at all.

December 13th, 2004, 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Sry Joey fans I just cannot handle the guy. Drew and Mike did a breakdown of Joeys big game stats and it was not good. He is like 3-20 in anything vs a good team. His completion % was like 50% and you have to take into account most of his passes are 6-9 yarders. I don't blame receivers...every team has receivers that drop passes but it is difficult when our QB is consistently inconsitent on where he puts it. As a receiver I would wonder is it going to my feet...behind me...in front of me blahblahblah. Seriously for all the +s you have to realize he is throwing like 5-10 yards and terribly at that. There were plays yesterday that I was like where in the hell is thowing it???

These guys both played in the same conditions yesterday...

J. Harrington CompAtt-5 Att-22 Yds-47 Pct-22.7 Y/A-2.1 Sack-2 YdsL-12 TD-0 Int-0
B. Favre CompAtt-19 Att-36 Yds-188 Pct-52.8 Y/A-5.2 Sack-1 YdsL-3 TD-1 Int-0

There is a pretty huge difference there and you cannot say..."Joey has no help" when you have a back give you 118 yds in the 1st half. No more excuses...the defence did their job for the most part and I see Joey as the weak link here. I cannot see how you can look at Joeys stat line and defend him at all.

Easy - we watched the game! While I won't defend many of Joey's game, I would defend this one. And while I would agree that KJ was a huge help to Joey, the WRs were not. Let's face it, the conditions were difficult so I'm not going to blame it all on the WRs but they simply did not get it done. I lay blame on Williams, Hakim, Streets and Alexander for this game. I don't care if it is cold, if the ball is in your hands you catch it. Especially late in the game. They dropped them, the drives ended - period! I can't blame Joey for the WRs not being able to make plays.

I also watched when the Packers had the ball. Couple of things. 1) the Lions defense was the key for keeping key drives alive. Their first TD the Pack had 16 yards in offense, we gave them 55 yards in penalties. 2) when he threw the ball his WRs made play. 3) if you are going to rip Joey for short passes then do the same for Farve. He dinked and dunked all day. Only 7 of his 19 completions went to WRs. And most of those were short passes as well. 4) Brett Farve was anything but consistent yesterday, his passes were all over the place as well.

I'm not going to say that Joey is the answer but to blame this loss on him is out of the question. He did make good decisions in this game. He made 2 huge runs to keep drives going when his WRs couldn't make plays.

I'll rip Joey after a bad performance, I can't fault him for this game. I've watched it twice and he wasn't the problem. That said, to be honest this would have been a great game for Mike to play in. With the poor conditions, his scrambling ability may have made the difference in the second half. But to blame this game on Joey is simply watching the game through McMike colored glasses. :wink:

December 13th, 2004, 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That said, to be honest this would have been a great game for Mike to play in. With the poor conditions, his scrambling ability may have made the difference in the second half. But to blame this game on Joey is simply watching the game through McMike colored glasses. :wink:

I guess that's my point...Joey didn't lose the game single handidly but did he do anything to win it? I think by suggesting our 2nd stringer QB might have made a difference points out the weakness of that position. Joey did not have the skills to win that game. I am not saying he played terrible but he plays not to lose and yet we lose. There is some blame in that IMHO.

December 13th, 2004, 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I think that he did something to win it. When it mattered, in the 4th quarter, he put the ball on the spot and Schlesenger dropped it. He put it where it needed to be and Streets dropped it. If those catches are made, we may have a different outcome.

I agree that he didn't play terrible. That seems to be the case most every week. He plays well enough (most of the time) not to bench him, but not well enough to finish the job.

The one thing we as fans need to realize. Like him or hate him, he will be the quarterback next year. His cap number is too high, keep him or cut him. Let's hope that the O-line get's it together by the end of the year, and it carries over to next year, and hope that C Rog can stay healthy for more than one game.

December 13th, 2004, 11:41 pm
QB Coach

Joey put the team in a position to win the game. He hit those wide receivers with those passes, he was putting the ball where he was supposed to. The receivers lost this game for us. Because of their ineffectiveness, Green Bay stacked the box later in the game and stopped the run in the second half. If we had a passing game, then the offense would have clicked. I don't know why the Packers didn't realized this earlier in the game, otherwise it would have been worse. I am not going to blame Harrington. Statistically he played terrible. But considering the conditions, how terrible the WRs were, and how the running game was shut down in the second half, he played well.

December 14th, 2004, 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I guess I am alone on this allthough all I hear around here from the media is about bringing Kitna in all of a sudden next year and Mooch says the starter for next week is up in the air. Really guys you are talking about 2 passes. I guess its like when a team losses and you cite that one play or that one bad call...it always goes back to the fact that you should never be in that position to begin with. I don't want him to put us in a position to win...I want him to win it. For the cash he is making like lionfanak brought up he needs to do more than play Trent Dilfer style football.

The Killer was on the radio yesterday saying that many of the players want McMahon to get the nod. They don't believe in Joey and after 40 some starts I think we have seen what Joey can and can't do.

December 14th, 2004, 10:42 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

I don't think that Joey can lead this team to a bunch of wins. I agree with alphamale in that he isn't going to go out and win many if any games for you. I do however think that he can be a serviceable quarterback, hopefully better than Dilfer. I know that you may say that he has had ample oppertunity, but the fact is: He isn't going anywhere. That said, he sure does seem awefully comfortable in his position and I think that they need to get a vet (maybe someone like Kitna) in there to push him. He has no pressure from behind and I don't think the club believes that Mike will do that, otherwise he would have by now.

Until then, I believe they wil give Mike at least one start by the end of the season, at least they should. They have to evaluate what they have in Mike. I really do question Mike's accuracy like I do Joey's, but he may be more exciting to watch at least for a while.

The 2 passes that I refer to may have won the game for them. Those plays were late in the game and made when the team needed them, and Joey delivered. That is the only reason I refer to them, because they could have possibly been the 2 most important plays of the game, had they been converted.

December 14th, 2004, 10:55 am
All State

the lions wide receivers were awful at the end of the game. it does look like the lions are considering a qb change. i think mooch will still start joey but we could see mike again. if the lions lose to the vikings the season is over, at that point they may play mike to see what they have or to try to increase his trade value - even though he is a free agent at the end of the season.

December 14th, 2004, 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2