View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Being the optimistic sort 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Being the optimistic sort
Being the optimistic sort that I am (read foolish) I was looking over the losses that the Lions suffered this year. As far as I can see, there were 3 games that they had no business winning, those being:

Sep. 26 against Philly 30-13
Oct. 17 against G.B. 38-10
Nov. 25 against Indy 41-9

I feel that they were clearly out-classed in those games and had no chance of winning.

Now for the optimistic side:

Of the other 6 losses, they lost by an average of 5 points per game:

By 10 to Dallas
By 7 to Wash
By 6 to Jax
By 3 to Min
By 3 to G.B.
By 1 to Min

If this team knew how to win the close games this year, they would be 11-3 running away with the division. Let's just hope that they can figure out how to win the close ones next year.

December 21st, 2004, 7:17 am
RIP Killer

I appreciate the optimistic approach. Most young teams need to figure out how to win in the NFL. The Lions are no different. We had to expect a number of games like this in 2004. They have added a number of solid building blocks via the draft this year that has me very excited about our future prospects.

I had hoped the wins over the Falcons and Giants were a sign that this young team was learning how to win. That didn't happen. The 2-minute drill against the Vikes was a positive step in the right direction however.

GO LIONS in 2005!

December 21st, 2004, 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I remember Houston losing a lot of close games last season as well. (Not trying to make a point, I just remember they did).

This is a young team, and they are going to mature together quickly. I don't expect us to win all the close games, or even a majority of them, but the future is bright as we are playing young players who are going to develop into one of the leagues better offenses in the future.

December 21st, 2004, 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]