View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 11:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Joey reacts to Joey Story 
RIP Killer

Post Joey reacts to Joey Story
On 760 WJR Detroit, Mitch Albom got ahold of the man at the eye of this hurricane, Joey Harrington. Here is a transcript of what Harrington had to say about today's story.

I got a call from Coach Mariucci and Matt Millen, both this morning saying exactly that. Obviously I didn't read the article, and had no idea it came out. But I got a call saying that there was some article written, and a wildfire had spread. They just wanted to call tell me they didn't say any of the things, the stuff that's being reported or written was completely untrue.

And I'm glad they did it, because if I had heard from another source -- since I don't read this stuff -- if I had heard from a friend or someone who read the article saying 'Hey Coach and Matt Millen said this about you' and I hadn't heard from them personally, my inclination would be to think that maybe they were thinking that. But they both called me, reassured me that there's no truth behind it. I believe them one hundred percent.

Co-host Ken Brown: Did they call collect?
JH: Call collect!? *Laughs* That's another issue.

Mitch Albom: So in other words they had to call you, tell you that there was this story, and in they had to tell you in the same conversation that there's no truth to it. Like they had to bring you the news, and deny the news at the same time.

JH: Exactly. That's pretty much the extent of it. I try to stay away from newspapers during the season, but especially in the offseason I didn't expect a story like that.

MA: And when you hung up the phone, what was your immediate emotion? 'What was that about?'

JH: That's kind of ... (trails off) I was talking to Coach Mariucci, and was telling me all this stuff, and I said 'Coach, I don't care. Why are you telling me this?' 'Oh, I'm telling you this because I want you to hear it from me', and after I thought about it I thought -- yeah, that's really cool. That's really nice of them. And it actually did help out a lot. I don't care what the report is about, but I do care that Coach and Matt Millen thought enough to call me and clear things up with me before I thought otherwise.

January 13th, 2005, 1:58 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

Sounds fair. The only problem that I have with this whole situation is that where there's smoke there's fire. What really happened, we may never know.

January 13th, 2005, 5:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]