View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 10:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Off-line news from Green Bay 
Peewee Leaguer

Post Off-line news from Green Bay
I just read in the Packers news letter that Wahle and Marco Rivera are goin to be free agents after this season and the poor packers don't have enough money to sign them, could this be a pot of gold for the lions or a missed opportunity??? If they let McDougle go there is good replacements goin to be out there. Ok the other thing you all killed the Kurt Warner thing so that's dead. But Kelly Holcomb????? Cmon!!!!! There's gotta be better than that out there please tell me there is. I can barely stomach another season with "Joey Ballgame" lol, Everyone here seems to have faith in the clown, as did I till this year, but I think we need a good vet to come in and fight him for the job.

January 11th, 2005, 9:21 am
RIP Killer

There is not much too exciting out of the QB FAs this year. You can take a look at who I found available and see if you like anyone:

http://www.lionbacker.com/?id=articles&sub=050110-fa-qb

As for the Packers OL, those are some solid players. I'll have to dig a little at the Pack's cap situation a little later to verify this. There should be some FAs who can help the Lions along the line. It will be interesting to see how much the Lions want to spend on the line. Also remember, Backus is a FA next year.

Even if the Lions don't sign a Pack lineman, the Packers had one of the best OL units in the league last year and losing these two guys would have a big negative impact on that group.

January 11th, 2005, 10:35 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

For some reason it just seems odd to refer to G.B. linemen in the text of moving to Detroit. They have had a quality line for some time, maybe they can share some of the talent.

Sleezye, are you from the detroitlions. com forum?

January 11th, 2005, 10:58 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I hope we can get those guys it would be a quick upgrade for us :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

January 11th, 2005, 11:09 am
QB Coach

Green Bay would like to keep Wahle, because he is a great pulling guard in their running game which pulling is essential. But because he is due to make a 6 million dollar signing bonus next season, he will most likely be cut and on the market. Rivera is a free agent, and at 32, may not be retained. Both would be great additions, and killing two birds with one stone. Not only do we improve our team, but we hurt the Packers in doing so.

January 11th, 2005, 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

but we hurt the Packers in doing so.

Sounds good to me...les do it :twisted:

January 11th, 2005, 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

i can garentee you that GB is going to Keep one or the other, but not let both of em go. I see them keeping Wahle, and cutting Rivera if they can't reach a deal. As much as that would hurt us, I have heard they may move Tauscher in to G and start Barry next year at T. So GB wouldn't be hurting that bad on the Oline.

January 13th, 2005, 11:06 am
Site Admin

It does amaze me how different an oline can be from year to year...look at the Lions and how much turnover we have had and then look at Denver. I don't know their players but damn those guys have been the best run blockers for sooooo long and I have a hard time believing that they have the same personnel still.

January 13th, 2005, 11:12 am
Profile WWW

i can garentee you that GB is going to Keep one or the other, but not let both of em go. I see them keeping Wahle, and cutting Rivera if they can't reach a deal. As much as that would hurt us, I have heard they may move Tauscher in to G and start Barry next year at T. So GB wouldn't be hurting that bad on the Oline.

Welcome to the world of a detroit lions fan

January 13th, 2005, 11:13 am
Stadium Announcer

Welcome to the world of a detroit lions fan

LOL, i am a Brewers fan, so i know where you are coming from.

January 13th, 2005, 11:21 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Marco Rivera is one of the top guards in the leauge even if he's not as young as he used to be. Another option could be Rick DeMulling I doubt Indy is going to have any money left over to offer him a decent contract.

January 13th, 2005, 12:13 pm
RIP Killer

Indy is a very interesting situation. Manning and Harrison now have the big contracts. Up this year is Edge.

Even their RB situation alone is interesting with E. James being a UFA along with Rhodes and Mungro.

Maybe the Colts will go without a RB next year! :lol:

January 13th, 2005, 12:21 pm
Profile WWW

I beat they put a Tag on Edge. They would be stupied not too. When they signed Harrison it freed up more cap for this year.

January 13th, 2005, 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]