View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 McCarthy Takes Detroit OC Job! 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Falcons or Eagles? Forget that, go for someone off of the Pats, at-least they're a winner!!! The Eagles keep losing and the Falcons are a one man show.

I don't know much about Trestman, but give this a read:

"Openly criticized by his players, Callahan went 4-12 this season, the Raiders' worst record since 1997 and the biggest fall by a team that had reached the Super Bowl the previous year. He was fired shortly after MVP quarterback Rich Gannon criticized Callahan and offensive coordinator Marc Trestman for a bad offensive system." This was reported in S.I. on Dec 31, 2003

And this is from back when Mooch took over in San Fransisco:

"The fate of Seifert's assistants was uncertain, though offensive coordinator Marc Trestman, whose play calls were blamed in part for a drop in the 49ers' offense, is ``gone,'' DeBartolo said." This was reported by the A.P. on Jan 16, 1997

Hmm. Doesn't look to me that he's in great demand. Also consider that he was the quarterback's coach last season in Miami. You know, the Miami with the ever-effective Jay Feidler and A.J. Feeley. Let's hope thet they have someone on the hook and are just trying to throw everyone off their trail. HAH!

I live in the Bay Area so I know a little about Trestman's time with the 49ers & Raiders.

When he was with the 9ers he was considered a "boy wonder" type at first. But when things went wrong that perception changed to being way too "in his head" and offen "out thinking himself" with some strange play calling.

The 9ers originally were planning on fireing only Trestman and giving Mooch the OC job (grooming him to be the next HC). But when Seifert demanded an extension and was denied, both Trestman and Seifert wound up leaveing. Trestman and his play calling were given the majority of the blame for the team struggling however.

With the Raiders he seemed to have redeamed himself when they won the AFC title and went to the Superbowl. Then the next year "the wheels came off the wagon" in a really big way. This time however, while Trestman took some heat, Callahan was given most of the blame.

In short it seems he's been both near the top and near the bottom in his NFL career. I wouldn't be that upset to see him as an OC in Detroit...but I wouldn't be too excited either. :oops:

January 25th, 2005, 7:40 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Unfortunately Mooch has ties to the Eagles and the Falcons coaching staffs but not he Patriots. Who already look to being losing a few guys this off-season.

What about Childress coming here and Marty taking over as OC in Philly?

January 25th, 2005, 8:57 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Interesting insight calkid. The info that I put up is all that I could find out about him, and unfortunately all I have to form an opinion of him, so thanks for the info. I like how you finished strong in the end.......managing to stay on the fence without so much as teetering to one side or the other!! LOL

January 26th, 2005, 4:51 am
Cheerleader

Sorry for the bad information. I'll have to shoot the "media" member that broke the story.....making me look bad!

January 26th, 2005, 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I like how you finished strong in the end.......managing to stay on the fence without so much as teetering to one side or the other!! LOL

LOL. Well I like to let people know right where I stand...somtimes...when I can...unless I change my mind or- well you know.

Seriously I'm glad they didn't go with Trestman...kind of. :wink:

January 26th, 2005, 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3