View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 The opportunity of a lifetime. 
Red Shirt Freshman

This is a no brainer, obviously mr. pickles is lacking his.

I'm in for team Lionbacker.

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

June 26th, 2006, 2:11 pm
National Champion

How about this as a way to resolve the "who gets to choose Mr.Pickles' signature" issue? Why not just post a topic and a poll: all members of team Lionbacker get to nominate their choices in the thread and the winner of the poll is the winner?

It would be kind of funny if Mr.Pickles won this bet--by that time, he might own half the signatures on Lionbacker!

June 26th, 2006, 3:03 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

I think we're getting too far ahead here. By the time we've won and it's time to change his signature, there's bound to be some great new material for the signature box.
I propose that we have another thread when we win with a poll for what goes in the signature. Problem solved.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

June 26th, 2006, 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Mr Pickles owns 1 sig for each month and Mr Pickles gets to pick the order they come in. That being, if there's 12. If not, they're divided up into equal weeks. 6 men on the bet, 2 mos each sig.

Assuming it's a year long deal.

June 26th, 2006, 7:00 pm

Mr Pickles owns 1 sig for each month and Mr Pickles gets to pick the order they come in. That being, if there's 12. If not, they're divided up into equal weeks. 6 men on the bet, 2 mos each sig.

Assuming it's a year long deal.

As it stands now, he's allowing it to change every four months. Every four months, we should have a poll with options from all the winners and it should be voted on.
I suck at bashing professional sports fans, but I think, collectively, we can come up with something original and funny.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

June 26th, 2006, 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

I'll take the sure bet everytime, no matter how little it pays! I'm in for Lionbacker! 8)

June 26th, 2006, 10:03 pm
Pro Bowl Player

illinoiseric wrote:
Mr.Pickles wrote:
First off, Mr.Pickles is sure ONLY Mr.Pickles will be on team Pickles.

That's for sure. Don't forget the Lions get to play the Packers and Vikes each TWICE! :lol: Add the Bills, Jets and Niners & you have a formula for 5 or more wins ...

Mr.Pickles does not see the Lions beeting the Vikings. Mr.Pickles can see the Lions spliting the Packers, and beating the Jets and Niners.

3 wins.

I appreciate that, Mr.Pickles - you've got big brass ones.

IE tip of the year:

"Mr.Pickles should enjoy his root beer anywhere else but at the sports book"...

June 26th, 2006, 10:24 pm
RIP Killer

I'm with Pickles *shudder*. I don't see the Lions sweeping the Vikes or the Bears. They'll be lucky if they split with both teams.

However, I am saying they'll sweep old man Favre.

June 26th, 2006, 10:55 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I'm with Pickles *shudder*. I don't see the Lions sweeping the Vikes or the Bears. They'll be lucky if they split with both teams.

However, I am saying they'll sweep old man Favre.

Pickles is saying 3-13 at best... you still with him? :o I'd put the over/under at 6, personally - just like you have in your sig.

June 26th, 2006, 11:02 pm
Big like a Pickle

Mr.Pickles wrote:
illinoiseric wrote:
Mr.Pickles wrote:
First off, Mr.Pickles is sure ONLY Mr.Pickles will be on team Pickles.

That's for sure. Don't forget the Lions get to play the Packers and Vikes each TWICE! :lol: Add the Bills, Jets and Niners & you have a formula for 5 or more wins ...

Mr.Pickles does not see the Lions beeting the Vikings. Mr.Pickles can see the Lions spliting the Packers, and beating the Jets and Niners.

3 wins.

I appreciate that, Mr.Pickles - you've got big brass ones.

IE tip of the year:

"Mr.Pickles should enjoy his root beer anywhere else but at the sports book"...

Big brass ones? Hardley.

See, Mr.Pickles is in a win-win situation. Even if Mr.Pickles loses, Mr.Pickles wins. How so?

Well this whole thing started, when Mr.Pickles put up the signature bet in the first place, only nobody had the, as you say, big brass ones, to step up to the plate and be a man.

Now only when it appears the odds are in YOUR favor, Mr.Pickles disagrees, but only then do people jump on the bandwagon, like lemmings, and Mr.Pickles is called out, to which Mr.Pickles accepted almost immediately. See, Mr.Pickles is not a coward, can the same be said for others? Hahahahahaha.

But the thing you all don't see, and will not believe, is that right now, Mr.Pickles just gave you all football back. See, you all were in the process of going through the motions, expecting another painful year of Lion football. But now this bet, yes this bet, has givin you all reason to watch football again!! And who do you thank? Yes, you thank Mr.Pickles.

One of Mr.Pickles tips was:

Mr.Pickles is the most exciting thing to happen to detroit since Barry Sanders.

Another one correct.

Mr.Pickles tip of the day #71:

Mr.Pickles has done more for the Lions than Matt Millen!!!

June 27th, 2006, 9:31 am
Red Shirt Freshman

I don't think I can disagree with that!

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

June 27th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Pickles, just because you believe something it doesn't mean that you're willing to bet on it. You were the first and only person to mention betting until I wanted to call you out. So don't act like everyone here is hypocritical.
I believe that the kid at McDonald's is going to get my order correct. Does that mean I'm going to bet on it? Of course not. It's not in my control. But by patronizing the restaurant, I'm believing that the kid won't mess it up. Doesn't mean I'm gonna bet on it.

But what you've offered here is the closest thing I've seen to a "sure bet" in my entire life, so I took you up on it.

June 27th, 2006, 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Big brass ones? Hardley.

See, Mr.Pickles is in a win-win situation. Even if Mr.Pickles loses, Mr.Pickles wins. How so?

Well this whole thing started, when Mr.Pickles put up the signature bet in the first place, only nobody had the, as you say, big brass ones, to step up to the plate and be a man.

Now only when it appears the odds are in YOUR favor, Mr.Pickles disagrees, but only then do people jump on the bandwagon, like lemmings, and Mr.Pickles is called out, to which Mr.Pickles accepted almost immediately. See, Mr.Pickles is not a coward, can the same be said for others? Hahahahahaha.

But the thing you all don't see, and will not believe, is that right now, Mr.Pickles just gave you all football back. See, you all were in the process of going through the motions, expecting another painful year of Lion football. But now this bet, yes this bet, has givin you all reason to watch football again!! And who do you thank? Yes, you thank Mr.Pickles.

One of Mr.Pickles tips was:

Mr.Pickles is the most exciting thing to happen to detroit since Barry Sanders.

Another one correct.

:lol2:

June 27th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Even if Mr.Pickles loses...

not sounding too sure of yourself right there, Pickles.

However, you're right about this bet making the season more interesting.
But you're wrong about me going through the motions. I'm actually more excited this year without this petty bet than I've been since 1997. Trust me, it has nothing to do with this bet. Last year, I probably would not have made this bet - even though I would've won.

June 27th, 2006, 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

Post I'm ALL in Baby!! For Team LionBACKER!
Mr Pickles--I respect your SLANTED view..but your wrong about my LIONS. Example: Look at the Tigers (best team in the MLB)--if you wouldof said that LAST YEAR that they (Tigers) would be this good I WOULD OF LAUGHED.

But this is what makes me wanna take your bet:

"The thing I keep trying to allude to, I think, is 'Lions football,'" he said. "This is Lions football and every time I get into a team setting, I think it's really important (that) we're not an offense, we're not a defense, we're not a special teams and we understand it's 'Lions football.' And each unit has the opportunity to impact Lions football."

If a coach can turn a team around like the Tigers--2004 season (I think) 43 wins 119 losses into a contender--what can Rod do for the Lions? :idea:

The very idea gives me hope.

Conclusion, Bring on DA Bears, Vicqueens and Ole man Farve--this is the year of the LION!

"May the Schwartz be with us" next year

--lionsfanincolorado

June 29th, 2006, 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next