View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Lewis out entire preseason 
QB Coach

Post Lewis out entire preseason
http://www.footballhuddles.com/showarti ... adid=26837

Not good...our OLB depth is becoming worse and worse by the minute. That means against the Steelers all we have is Davis, Curry, and two UDFAs who should get quality playing time. Hopefully Lewis is back by the season as noted and he can compete for a starting job.

On a brighter note, Curry looked real good in training camp! 8)

August 13th, 2004, 1:58 am
Profile WWW
All State

thanks for the link brian, i cant take any more injuries. hopefully curry will surprise us all.

August 13th, 2004, 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

we could just play with all CBs and Dlinemen :shock:

August 13th, 2004, 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

I vote putting McMahon at Weakside Linebacker. We could really make use of his speed. :D

August 13th, 2004, 12:24 pm
Profile YIM
Baton Girl

It looks like Lewis wouldnt even have been playing LB at all, even though I think we could really have used his speed at that position. Curry will be taking over but maybe Lewis will be able to get some backup experience once the season starts. I think it will be good if Curry gets to play the entire preseason anyway. Then we can see what hes made of and if he can do the job. It will get him prepared for the regular season.

August 13th, 2004, 5:23 pm
RIP Killer

true Boss - Lewis was drafted primarily for depth and special teams after the Lions lost ST players like Gooch in FA. I think the Lions were hoping to bring him along like Dirty Davis was last year as a mid-late round draft pick. With Lehman, their is already a lot of youth at LB, I believe Curry has 10 career starts.

August 13th, 2004, 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

eh its only the preseason. he'll still make progress if he plays in the regular season and mooch is being cautious about injuries so we should be alright. besides bailey and sidney we're in good shape injurywise.

August 18th, 2004, 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]