View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Tag deadline/Lions CAP casulties 
RIP Killer

Post Tag deadline/Lions CAP casulties
is today (2/22). Lions fans should keep their eyes peeled on Jacksonville. If he gets tagged, the Lions could talk trade again. If he isn't tagged, the Lions will go after him in FA.

Looking at the Lions who could get cut, the only guy I suspect will get released at this point is Walker. Big Daddy Wilkinson isn't that expensive and I don't see the Lions making a move with Az until the WR position is settled a bit. With Coles and Mason (former Spartan and last years NFL leading WR) now available, the list of quality WRs is growing. The Lions now have a real opportunity to land a strong #3 WR to go with CRog and Roy.

The Lions also take less of a CAP hit if they release Hakim after June 1.

The March 2nd FA period is just over a week away, expect the rumors to start flying - especially as we get near and into the weekend.

Make us proud Matt! :twisted:

February 22nd, 2005, 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Hakim makes way to much he needs to cut. Or fix that big contract

February 22nd, 2005, 11:48 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Tag deadline/Lions CAP casulties
Pablo wrote:
is today (2/22). Lions fans should keep their eyes peeled on Jacksonville. If he gets tagged, the Lions could talk trade again. If he isn't tagged, the Lions will go after him in FA.

forget about DD, he was tagged:

For the third straight year, the Jaguars have placed their franchise tag on safety Donovin Darius. Jaguars senior vice president Paul Vance announced the move Tuesday, meaning Darius will get a one-year deal worth $4.97 million. A source close to Darius told the Florida Times-Union the safety will sign the tender shortly.

February 22nd, 2005, 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

forget about DD, he was tagged

#%$#%$##$$%&*&

What do we do about safeties now? I have confidence in Holt, but not in any of our other guys.

February 22nd, 2005, 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

DD getting tagged is just a formality. It doesn't mean a trade can't be reached. Read the article I wrote about this subject (to trade or not to trade). The Lions could swap first round picks with the Jags, get Darius plus an additional pick or two to boot. Darius is NOT happy about getting tagged, I guarantee you that. He was told he wasn't going to get tagged again, and may demand a trade or elect to sit out, as he almost did last year. I foresee a trade coming. Problem is, there are other teams that may have interest in trading with Jax as well for Donovans services.

LET THE TRADE RUMORS SWIRL :!: :!: :!: :twisted: :wink:

February 22nd, 2005, 11:45 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Pablo wrote:
forget about DD, he was tagged

#%$#%$##$$%&*&

What do we do about safeties now? I have confidence in Holt, but not in any of our other guys.

There is a guy from Tampa who played SS and who is an unrestricted free agent, who did really good last year and could defiantly take over for Walker. I am not too worried about the SS position, this origination is not full of dummies they have something planned or they would not have realized Walker.

As far as Hakim goes I agree he is way over paid and I heard somewhere that they where going to try to restructure he contract. Guess we will see.

February 25th, 2005, 3:03 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

I assume Dwight Smith is the SS from TB. I like him better than Kenoy Kennedy or any other SS in FA (excluding DD).

February 26th, 2005, 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]