View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 12:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Kennedy & Lions agree to deal 
RIP Killer

Post Kennedy & Lions agree to deal
http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/co ... ?sport=NFL

Kenoy Kennedy - DB - Broncos

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Lions have reached an agreement with Denver safety Kennoy Kennedy.

He was the top young safety on the market, and the Broncos desperately wanted to keep him. Detroit will no longer seek to trade for Jacksonville's Donavin Darius.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI - I'm trying to confirm this with other sources. From everything I had heard he had just agreed to visit Detroit. I'd like to hear this from Clayton himself as he is usually accurate. I couldn't find this on the ESPN site yet...

March 2nd, 2005, 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Pablo, How'd you find that one, I havent seen it anywhere else? Seems like a good move to me. I didnt think that Denver would let him go. Any word on what this contract will look like? Jax wanted a high pick for DD so this probably works out better for us, Kennedy is younger too. Might change out priorities some but if there is a good S prospect in RD 2-3 I would still take one. Can now focus on DE vs T vs TE in round 1.

March 2nd, 2005, 6:59 pm
Peewee Leaguer

I hope that it is true. He would be in the prime of his career whereas DD's speed might fall off soon at his age. It would make 3/4 of our secondary (if they are healthy) in the prime of their careers and under contract long-term. I agree that it would free us up in the draft a lot too. I still would like to see Holt on the field instead of Marion though. I don't want to see Walker on the field except for special teams.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

March 2nd, 2005, 9:30 pm
Site Admin

March 2, 2005
Safety first for Lions
The Lions came out of the box by convincing Broncos safety Kenoy Kennedy to come to Detroit. The Lions are trying to get younger and stronger at the safety position. Kennedy is perhaps the top free agent at that position available. The Lions have also been exploring the possibility of trying to make a trade for Jaguars safety Donovin Darius.

...Walker is back.

Quote:
**Heeding the Lions' call for a productive veteran defender, safety Bracy Walker officially re-signed with the club on Tuesday.

Last edited by theAlphaMale on March 2nd, 2005, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 2nd, 2005, 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It's now close to 10:00 pm and I still don't see a report of Kennedy's signing on ESPN. I don't think he signed, he just agreed to visit.

March 2nd, 2005, 10:54 pm
Site Admin

your right...we are looking all over for anything. Claytons text seemed on one hand to suggest he was "here" but he meant locationally :?

But I will credit the Lions in the past with getting guys in...and them signing if they really like em.

March 2nd, 2005, 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It's on a couple of sites now, but I'm assuming it is all based on the same original story. I didn't catch anything about it on NFL Total Access tonight (but I didn't see it all). They did say that Darius went to Jags officials saying how pissed he was that they tagged him for the third year in a row and he wont play for them next season. He said he wants to play for Detroit....

I love FA! :D

March 3rd, 2005, 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Peanut and Beer Salesman

It's on a couple of sites now, but I'm assuming it is all based on the same original story. I didn't catch anything about it on NFL Total Access tonight (but I didn't see it all). They did say that Darius went to Jags officials saying how pissed he was that they tagged him for the third year in a row and he wont play for them next season. He said he wants to play for Detroit....

I love FA! :D

I have not seen anything about it except that he is coming on the 7th

March 3rd, 2005, 1:43 am
Profile YIM
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He said he wants to play for Detroit....

Do mine ears deceive me? A top tier free-agent is fighting to come to Detroit? :shock:

March 3rd, 2005, 9:00 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/187581

On Kennedy's player page on SportsLine they state:

Quote:
According to reports, the Detroit Lions have signed Kennedy.
(Updated 03/03/2005).

And no bsand2053, your ears (or eyes in this case) are not deceiving you. Darius thinks Detroit is a great fit for him, I think he also thinks he can shake the "not so great in coverage" label in Detroit as well. Perhaps Fernando Bryant has something to do with all of this.

March 3rd, 2005, 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Agent for Kennedy denies agreement with Lions
By Mike Fowler
Date: Mar 2, 2005

McElroy claims internet report is bogus.

March 3rd, 2005, 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Mar. 3 - There appears to be a growing market for Kenoy Kennedy, which doesn't help the cap-constrained Broncos' chances of re-signing the five-year safety. Although Kennedy has expressed interest in remaining in Denver, he plans to explore all options. According to multiple reports, Kennedy will visit the Lions this weekend. The Jets and Dolphins are also interested.

Damn I hope we spend the money and sign him!!!!!!!!! Money talks.....

March 3rd, 2005, 2:32 pm
Bubbles the Lion

We got walker back, we don't need anything else...Free Agency DONE!

March 3rd, 2005, 5:07 pm
Fair Weather Fan

Kennoy Kennedy has not reached an agreement with the Lions, despite John Clayton's report yesterday.
He is expected to visit with the team this weekend. Denver may bid up to keep him. Mar. 3 - 2:57 pm et

Just got this from the originally cited link.

March 4th, 2005, 1:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]