View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 4:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Kennedy's agent speaks 
RIP Killer

Post Kennedy's agent speaks
Free agent safety Kennoy Kennedy visits with Lions' officials on today and his agent spoke with the FREEP yesterday:

Quote:
I think they like Kenoy, and I think Kenoy is very intrigued with the situation there, too," agent Vann McElroy said. "It's a good young, fast team.

"It's a team definitely on the way up, and they have been missing a nasty player in the middle there, and that's what he brings. Kenoy was fined four times last year."

"I think they like Kenoy, and I look forward to working with them to see where that takes us," McElroy said. "Obviously, I think a lot of the organization, and Matt's a super guy."

You have to like this guys agent, he is trying to sell his client by talking about how many time the guy got fined for illegal hits. Sounds like a younger Darius to me.

Another positive about the possibility of signing Kennedy is that McElroy (Kennedy's agent) played with Millen with the Raiders in the mid-80's according to the story. :twisted:

March 4th, 2005, 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I just got done reading that right before your post Pablo. I thought it was interesting as well; the fact that he's selling Kennedy based on his record number of fines, helmet to helmet, etc. I don't see why they don't start laying down some healthy offers with $20 Mil under the cap (with Raiola). They should give Kennedy a sweet deal so he doesn't go visit the Dolphins as he's scheduled to. Last I knew, the Dolphins were almost $4 Mil over the cap...but I'm not sure if that included their recent releases of Fiedler, Freeman, etc.

March 4th, 2005, 3:44 pm
Site Admin

If he is the next DD and one of the up and coming safeties I dont mind them paying him like one. Like I said in Denver he outplayed Lynch. I guess they are marketing him that way because of our love of players like Mark Carrier who incurred plenty of fines at the safety spot.

March 4th, 2005, 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

March 4th, 2005, 4:00 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

i miss Mark Carrier :(

And Ron Rice. He could helmet to helmet better than anybody. And Stephen Boyd.

March 4th, 2005, 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Kurt Schulz was the man, he had several clutch picks. Like Carrier his time here was brief...Carrier was getting ripped off by league, those suspensions were total BS

March 4th, 2005, 8:57 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Yeah Baby!

March 5th, 2005, 8:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]