View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 2:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Target on Kennedy's back 
Pop Warner Rookie

Post Target on Kennedy's back
Tom Kowalski tells Sports Radio 1130 Detroit doesn't expect Broncos safety Kenoy Kennedy to leave town. "This is a guy I think they're going to get."

March 4th, 2005, 5:45 pm
League MVP

unfortunately, Kowalski is unreliable at best.

March 4th, 2005, 8:53 pm
Site Admin

well...the Lions have been consistent about targeting FAs and getting the top ones to fill their needs in recent years. This would only reinforce that. Dre Bly and Damien Woody were not only the best available guys at their positions but pretty much the top FAs out in those years. Kenoy is the top rated SS and at the exact pos we are looking to fill. I will say this...if we have a chance to get him in town I would be surprised if he wasn't a Lion.

March 5th, 2005, 12:10 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I'm guessing Millen knows something we all don't in the Darius deal, and believes that a reasonable trade can't be achieved.

So, Kennedy visited today... i'm guessing they get a contract worked out this weekend.

I'm interested in seeing who the Lions believe is the right backup QB.
- Jeff Garcia isn't liked by Millen.
- Kurt Warner may never get a chance to start.
- Brad Johnson is a poor fit for this offense, he can't run.
- Kelly Holcomb signed with Buffalo.

I really don't see any QB really ahead of the other among Garcia and Warner. As far as i'm concerned, Johnson isn't coming here. No other QB on the market could come here and really challenge Joey.

March 5th, 2005, 2:32 am
Profile WWW
League MVP

Brian, I agree. It seems like Millen wont allow Garcia to come. I think he likes both Warner and Johnson but I doubt they would please Mooch, they are not good fits with his offense, kinda like Harrington. Millen believes Harrington is the guy. It seems crazy that Millen would throw his foot down and not even let Mooch pick the backup QB but that may be the case. We would have signed Garcia by now. If we dont sign Warner when he comes into town this weekend then I think we are looking at the next group of backups like Fiedler, etc. I dont think they bring anything more to the table then what we had in 04.
As fot Kennedy, hopefully they have a nice weekend planned for him and can reel him in. Another guy to think about is Darren Sharper who will probably get dropped by the Packers this week according to len pasquarelli. Signing him would be an upgrade over Marion at FS.
Have not heard much about us going after any O-lineman besides not getting Rivera. This is as big a problem as the safety spot. Hope to see some action there soon.

March 5th, 2005, 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]