View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Hightlight Reel 3/6 
Modmin Dude

Post Hightlight Reel 3/6
Saturday, March 05, 2005

ESPN: Garcia looking elsewhere
In his lengthy report about Edgerrin James, Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com has a note about the free agent QB situation -- saying one of the hottest names in the Lions' search may be looking elsewhere.

Jeff Garcia is weighing his options and appears to be leaning toward accepting the backup role in Denver rather than signing with the Lions.

Pasquarelli also reports the Lions would've matched the Dallas offer for Marco Rivera.

But just a few days into free agency, the guard market has been pretty good, we think even most of the skeptics would agree. Marco Rivera got a $9 million signing bonus to leave Green Bay for Dallas. The Detroit Lions, who awarded Damien Woody a $9 million signing bonus last spring, would have matched the Dallas offer for Rivera.

On Friday in the forum, Kowalski said no way would the Lions match that offer.

nobottle2002: Lions missing out on OGs? Looks like the draft for our OL, otherwise we're looking at near the same quality as last year. Why the foot dragging on such a major hole?
TomKowalski: They aren't .. they really wanted rivera ... they weren't going to pay him that much, though ... they'll go after dan neil ...

March 7th, 2005, 11:12 am
RIP Killer

I have a hard time believing anything Killer says of late. The Lions aren't dragging their feet? 0 signings, 5 days, 4 major holes. How does Killer think that's not dragging their feet? However, if the Lions were prepared to offer Rivera that much, they would have had him flying in on March 2nd, cuz that's a big time contract for a big time OG.

Garcia is back at Denver for a 2ND interview...chances are looking slim of us getting him. I think Johnson would be better than Fiedler...I hate Fiedler. Either way, it's getting down to slim pickins for most positions...even WR. Burress leaning towards Giants...not much left for a decent price.

Also, I've been hearing about McMike returning as a backup being a possibility. With all the controversy last season, why continue for another year? Stupid IMO.

March 7th, 2005, 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]