View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Time to sign an O lineman 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Time to sign an O lineman
We have improved the secondary know we need to get a big time guard.

March 3rd, 2005, 11:26 am
All State

Post Re: Time to sign an O lineman
lionsfanva wrote:
We have improved the secondary know we need to get a big time guard.

i'll second that. with wahle off to the panthers it is time to get moving to upgrade the line. there has been a run on receivers already, quarterbacks could dry up quickly as well.

let's get a new left guard in here, and look at right tackles while we are at it.

March 3rd, 2005, 11:44 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Anyone have any thoughts on Cosey Coleman (Bucs) or Ben Hamilton (Broncos) at OG? Coleman is 6-4 322 and has 5 years exp and Hamilton is 6-4 283 with 4 years. It's too bad OT Jonas Jennings was already snatched up...

March 3rd, 2005, 11:57 am
RIP Killer

Browns signed Joe Andruzzi (four years) yesterday, so he's off the board. I highly doubted he would come here, but figured i'd post it since I didn't see it anyone in the forum.

March 3rd, 2005, 12:00 pm
Modmin Dude

lionsfanva wrote:
We have improved the secondary

Just how did we do that??? KK is NOT signed yet, he is visiting Miami, unless you're referring to signing Walker to a 1yr deal....

March 3rd, 2005, 12:27 pm

TheRealWags wrote:
lionsfanva wrote:
We have improved the secondary

Just how did we do that??? KK is NOT signed yet, he is visiting Miami, unless you're referring to signing Walker to a 1yr deal....

I tell what I think. If we dont sign KK, we are going to trade for Darius. T

We need to improve the Oline

March 3rd, 2005, 12:31 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Well if rivera doesn't sign with the cowboys he is suppose to visit the lions next

March 3rd, 2005, 1:58 pm

Well if rivera doesn't sign with the cowboys he is suppose to visit the lions next

Do not belive this man he is a fiend and a damn cowboys fan

March 3rd, 2005, 2:21 pm
RIP Killer

tiller77 wrote:

Do not belive this man he is a fiend and a damn cowboys fan

Sorry lionsfanva, but he's just reading from the news out there. I agree that the Lions need to start signing and try to pressure players to visit sooner. Remember that last year the Lions stole Woody by instructing the limo driver to get lost on the way to the airport so that they would have extra time to convince him to sign prior to his plane leaving for Miami. Other teams will take a page out of that playbook this year.

As for Cosey Coleman or Ben Hamilton, I prefer Hamilton. Coleman has been an underachiever and somewhat inconsistent at Tampa. The last thing we need is another Stockar on the line.

March 3rd, 2005, 2:30 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

I will never admit to being a fiend but i am a cowboys fan chubby buddy lionsfanva i was reading on the cowboyszone.com and wondered what you all were saying about rivera

March 3rd, 2005, 2:46 pm

Tiller you know what i am thinking....... I want rivera.

And yes you are feind :x

March 3rd, 2005, 2:53 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Cowboys Sign Henry, Set To Announce Ferguson; Rivera Close
Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
March 3, 2005, 12:17 p.m. (CST)

IRVING, Texas - While there have been several quiet days out at Valley Ranch this off-season, don't expect Thursday to be one of them.

The Cowboys have already made one big announcement Thursday morning, and that seems to be just the beginning.

The club introduced free-agent cornerback Anthony Henry, who signed a five-year deal worth $25 million, including an $11 million signing bonus.

"Anthony is a known commodity and he's a player who will help us," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said. "He'll improve us on defense. I'm proud to say he'll be a Dallas Cowboy for a long time."

Henry said reuniting with Todd Bowles, the team's new secondary coach who was in Cleveland for the past three years, helped make his decision.

"I'm excited to get this opportunity to come here to this great organization," said Henry, who had 17 interceptions in four seasons, including 10 in his rookie year. "Getting here with Todd again was important to me. But I'm excited about playing in a secondary with guys like Roy Williams and Terence Newman. I think we have the potential to be very good and take this to another level."

But that's not the only news the Cowboys will have today.

The team has tentatively scheduled another press conference for 2:30 p.m. (CDT) to likely announce the signing of former Jets defensive tackle Jason Ferguson, who agreed on a five-year deal that includes a signing bonus of $9 million. Ferguson, who was originally drafted by Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells back in 1997 with the Jets, has the experience to play in either the 3-4 or a 4-3 defensive scheme.

Ferguson, an eight-year veteran, has been linked to the Cowboys for quite some time, having both played for Parcells in the past, and the player and head coach sharing the same agent in Jimmy Sexton.

And that last link could land the Cowboys yet another free agent in Pro Bowl guard Marco Rivera, another Sexton client, who arrived in Dallas Wednesday night and could have a deal completed by Thursday afternoon as well.

Rivera, a nine-year veteran, has played his entire career in Green Bay and has started every game for the last six years at right guard. The Cowboys have had inconsistent play at that position the past two years, with Parcells looking for more production.

If the Cowboys can sign both Ferguson and Rivera, it would give the club five signings since the start of free agency on March 2.

Along with the three new players, the Cowboys also re-signed defensive tackle Leo Carson to a one-year deal worth $1 million, including a $200,000 signing bonus. And safety Lynn Scott also signed a one-year deal, totaling $700,000 for this season.

March 3rd, 2005, 3:04 pm
Site Admin

March 3rd, 2005, 3:15 pm
Profile WWW

:? 5 signings...wtf

I feel ya

March 3rd, 2005, 3:21 pm

The Lions are also interested in talking to free-agent guards Rick DeMulling (Colts) and Dan Neil (Broncos

Tom Kowalski

I would love to us sign one of these two guys. Neil is a little old (but O lineman are like a good wine) Demulling is good and would be an upgrade from what we have

March 7th, 2005, 11:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next