View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Plaxico Burress 
NFL Team Captain

Post Plaxico Burress
What about Plaxico as a 3rd reciever. He is a talented reciever, good hads and an above average blocker downfield. The Giants have given up on him. Can we afford him? Rogers, Williams and Burress sounds like one hell of a 3 reciever set to me. With Pollard in Joey would have endless options and it would drive oppossing defenses nuts.

Whadda ya think?

March 10th, 2005, 4:05 pm
Modmin Dude

:shock: I think that would be great, but there is no way that Burress will come to us as a 3rd stringer, especially considering he is going to be looking for 1st string $$$$ and he said we wants to play in warm weather.
I must say that Rogers, Williams and Burress would be an awesome trio of receivers. We'd be playing in a lot of 3 receiver sets, thats for sure.

March 10th, 2005, 4:09 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't like his attitude. He thinks h is a stud when he really isn't any better than second string. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he is a great fit.

March 10th, 2005, 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I think he is a awsome reciver. But , he wants a lot of money.

March 10th, 2005, 4:21 pm
RIP Killer

He does have an "I'm all that" attitude without the skill to back it up. He's good, don't get me wrong but he's not worth the money he wants. He wants #1 Pro Bowler money and isn't of that quality.

He's not as good as he was 2 or 3 years ago when he had 1300 yards, he's on a decline and has lost some speed. YAC are kind of low.

At 6-5 he should be one hell of a red zone threat.

March 10th, 2005, 6:09 pm
League MVP

Burress not on a decline. The offense in Pittsburgh went through a change. From a passing team to 3 yards and a cloud of dust with a rookie QB. No balls tossed downfield to Burress, they wanted him to be more of a possession receiver. He is too pricey for us as a #3 but MIN is a good fit for him unless they go with a draft pick. As for his attitude this guy thinks he is great but he puts forth a great effort and doesnt give up on plays. In college he even played on Special Teams and had some forced fumbles, fumble recoveries and a few nice tackles.

March 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
RIP Killer

No balls tossed downfield? I disagree. His average was the highest of his career at 19.9 yards per catch and 13 of his 38 catches were 20+ yards and had 4 catches over 40 yards. Ranked 4th in the league in yards per reception.

AOL Fantasy Sports -
"Burress isn't blazing fast, but he's smooth and athletic and can go get any ball that falls within his ample wingspan. He's built for jump balls in the red zone, but for some reason the Steelers haven't taken full advantage yet. Plax showed some immaturity last season, complaining about not getting the ball or the benefit of pass interference calls."

That's all I was saying and I agree that he's good.

March 10th, 2005, 7:18 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

He sure is supposed to be a pretty good talent but he's been horribly inconsistent, game to game. He also doesn't exactly have a "gem" between his shoulders. Look at the situation he's created for himself. He is going to want way too much money and he wasn't even the best receiver on his team.

March 11th, 2005, 5:50 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

He is going to want way too much money and he wasn't even the best receiver on his team.

The NY Giants just pulled their deal for him off the table. Rumors are that it was worth $24 million including an $8million signing bonus. If he thinks he is gonna get a better offer than that he is beyond crazy. The way free agents have been picked up this year, there can not be too many teams that could offer that kind of money. Well except we know Washington works without a salary cap :wink:

March 11th, 2005, 7:09 am
RIP Killer

Wasn't NYG offering him a contract for 1 year? $24M with an $8M signing bonus for one year??? Wouldn't that be a salary record?

March 11th, 2005, 8:39 am
Modmin Dude

1 year $24 million :shock: That would be insane!!!! I don't think anyone in the NFL or any freaking sport is worth $24 million a year.....

March 11th, 2005, 9:16 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

It was 6 years, $24 mil., $8 mil to sign with $14 mil payed over the first 3 years.

March 11th, 2005, 9:38 am
RIP Killer

March 11th, 2005, 9:43 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Nope, but obviously he thinks he will.......what an idiot!!

March 11th, 2005, 9:45 am
League MVP

The market for him could be better after the draft with teams that miss on Mike Williams/Braylon Edwards. I understand that he is considering a one year contract and trying the market again next year. The quote you wrote says that Burress was stiill making plays down the field but the Steelers werent utilizing that enough. That was simply my point. Burress was not in decline, he had a rookie QB and the team passed much less often in 2004.

March 11th, 2005, 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next